It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
With Vrabel being named new HC

Quote:
Report: Dick LeBeau will not return to Titans
The Tennessean reports the Titans will not retain DC Dick LeBeau.

It is not a surprise after the Titans hired ex-Texans DC Mike Vrabel to run the team. One of the best coordinators in NFL history, LeBeau did not coach elite units in his two years with the Titans, but the defense did show signs of improvement in 2017. LeBeau can clearly still coach, but it is possible the 80-year-old calls it a career.
Source: Nashville Tennessean Jan 22 - 10:29 AM

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
Oh fuck please no pity hire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9677
GreekSteel wrote:
Oh fuck please no pity hire.


Ha ha

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Dick is 80 now. I highly doubt he will do the headset anymore.

A consultant role, yes

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11331
BethlehemSteel wrote:
A consultant role, yes


"NO" to that, as well.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Kodiak wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
A consultant role, yes


"NO" to that, as well.


I am sure it won't be here. If it is, we need to blitz the Steelers office phones with a myriad of angry calls.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Posts: 2309
You guys are a bunch of ageists :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1562
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Dick is 80 now. I highly doubt he will do the headset anymore.

A consultant role, yes

That was his original role in Nashville, but I think he has to be hands on. I think he's a guy that either coaches, or walks away.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
86n96 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Dick is 80 now. I highly doubt he will do the headset anymore.

A consultant role, yes

That was his original role in Nashville, but I think he has to be hands on. I think he's a guy that either coaches, or walks away.


Agreed, he'll wrestle control

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
in the defense of Dick Nasty, i don't recall any of his defenses getting torched in the playoffs to the extreme level that happened at against the Jags

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 344
BethlehemSteel wrote:
With Vrabel being named new HC

Quote:
Report: Dick LeBeau will not return to Titans
The Tennessean reports the Titans will not retain DC Dick LeBeau.

It is not a surprise after the Titans hired ex-Texans DC Mike Vrabel to run the team. One of the best coordinators in NFL history, LeBeau did not coach elite units in his two years with the Titans, but the defense did show signs of improvement in 2017. LeBeau can clearly still coach, but it is possible the 80-year-old calls it a career.
Source: Nashville Tennessean Jan 22 - 10:29 AM

I wish Pittsburgh had hired Mike Vrabel as our new HC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
R S wrote:
in the defense of Dick Nasty, i don't recall any of his defenses getting torched in the playoffs to the extreme level that happened at against the Jags


Maybe you forgot the AFCC in 2004.
James Farrior still has Deion Branch-sized clete prints on his jersey.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
blu wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
With Vrabel being named new HC

Quote:
Report: Dick LeBeau will not return to Titans
The Tennessean reports the Titans will not retain DC Dick LeBeau.

It is not a surprise after the Titans hired ex-Texans DC Mike Vrabel to run the team. One of the best coordinators in NFL history, LeBeau did not coach elite units in his two years with the Titans, but the defense did show signs of improvement in 2017. LeBeau can clearly still coach, but it is possible the 80-year-old calls it a career.
Source: Nashville Tennessean Jan 22 - 10:29 AM

I wish Pittsburgh had hired Mike Vrabel as our new HC.


We have no idea if Vrabel is going to be any good.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
eemie"]
blu wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
With Vrabel being named new HC

Quote:
Report: Dick LeBeau will not return to Titans
The Tennessean reports the Titans will not retain DC Dick LeBeau.

It is not a surprise after the Titans hired ex-Texans DC Mike Vrabel to run the team. One of the best coordinators in NFL history, LeBeau did not coach elite units in his two years with the Titans, but the defense did show signs of improvement in 2017. LeBeau can clearly still coach, but it is possible the 80-year-old calls it a career.
Source: Nashville Tennessean Jan 22 - 10:29 AM

I wish Pittsburgh had hired Mike Vrabel as our new HC.


We have no idea if Vrabel is going to be any good.[/quote]



no but we know we aint winning Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
DrMalba wrote:
R S wrote:
in the defense of Dick Nasty, i don't recall any of his defenses getting torched in the playoffs to the extreme level that happened at against the Jags


Maybe you forgot the AFCC in 2004.
James Farrior still has Deion Branch-sized clete prints on his jersey.

And let’s not forget Tim Tebow...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
Jobus Rum wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
R S wrote:
in the defense of Dick Nasty, i don't recall any of his defenses getting torched in the playoffs to the extreme level that happened at against the Jags


Maybe you forgot the AFCC in 2004.
James Farrior still has Deion Branch-sized clete prints on his jersey.

And let’s not forget Tim Tebow...


Before watching bortles put on actually quite a solid performance last night, I actually spent a few minutes wondering what was the more humiliating defeat....
Then I remembered in 2011 we had the #1 defense, the #1 pass defense and #8 rush defense. And we gave up 316 yards passing to Tim Tebow on TEN FUCKING COMPLETIONS.
Even better, somehow Ryan Mundy *still* had a career after that game.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3032
Fitting for his final NFL game to be his D getting shredded by the Pats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 750
DrMalba wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

And let’s not forget Tim Tebow...


Before watching bortles put on actually quite a solid performance last night, I actually spent a few minutes wondering what was the more humiliating defeat....
Then I remembered in 2011 we had the #1 defense, the #1 pass defense and #8 rush defense. And we gave up 316 yards passing to Tim Tebow on TEN FUCKING COMPLETIONS.
Even better, somehow Ryan Mundy *still* had a career after that game.


Both Hampton and Kiesel went down early in the Tebow game to serious injuries, leaving Ziggy Hood as the only starter on the DL. Plus, Ryan Clark couldn't play, as the game was in Denver. That loss was embarrassing, but I think the loss to the Jags was worse by a significant margin. The Steelers 2017 O was much better than the 2011 O, and the 2011 D was riddled with injuries.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
A consultant role, yes


"NO" to that, as well.


I am sure it won't be here. If it is, we need to blitz the Steelers office phones with a myriad of angry calls.


Steelers won two Super Bowls with LeBeau as DC....have to go back to Bud Fuckin' Carson for the last DC to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LeBeau out as DC in Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
SP wrote:
Fitting for his final NFL game to be his D getting shredded by the Pats.

Hey you stole that line from some guy on Twitter.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dan of still97, DP39, Louis Lipps Service, merlin86, the-other-burg and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group