It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Biggest Failure of Tomlin Era?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm 

I’ve said before we are Phil Mickelson playing in the Tiger Woods era. Talking with my dad about this season today, I told him watching the games yesterday I couldn’t help but feel so damn disappointed in that we weren’t playing. We should have been playing at home, instead I found myself watching the Abu Dhabi Classic for half of the AFCCG game.

Is this the most disappointing season in the Tomlin era? I think for me it is. Before I get flamed because of the 13-3 record, I’ve made my attitude toward regular season “participation trophies” well known. We have Ben; we should be playing for super bowl rings, nothing less.

The talent, the Shalieve motivation, the #2 seed, possible redemption against NE, and we lose to the Jags. Total failure. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Biggest Failure of Tomlin Era?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:16 pm 

Easily the most crushing loss of the Tomlin era. No way is it the most disappointing season. Unleash hell still owns that one.

I don't think it's even close.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Easily the most crushing loss of the Tomlin era. No way is it the most disappointing season. Unleash hell still owns that one.

Yeah, not sure about most disappointing.

But that's at least the FOURTH time we've had a crushing and embarassing playoff loss under Tomlin....outcoached and outplayed is far too common of a theme. The last two years, DEN, and the infamous "easing in" SB against GB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 pm 

Things worked out to be setup for success, but the little things got in the way, Which Turned out to BE HUGE things

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:29 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
I’ve said before we are Phil Mickelson playing in the Tiger Woods era. Talking with my dad about this season today, I told him watching the games yesterday I couldn’t help but feel so damn disappointed in that we weren’t playing. We should have been playing at home, instead I found myself watching the Abu Dhabi Classic for half of the AFCCG game.

Is this the most disappointing season in the Tomlin era? I think for me it is. Before I get flamed because of the 13-3 record, I’ve made my attitude toward regular season “participation trophies” well known. We have Ben; we should be playing for super bowl rings, nothing less.

The talent, the Shalieve motivation, the #2 seed, possible redemption against NE, and we lose to the Jags. Total failure. What do you think?

13-3. 1st rnd bye shoulda been #1 seed. Score 42 pts and allow 45 pts to Bortles and Jax...ya most disappointing and embarassing loss for me. Just an epic fail.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
13-3. 1st rnd bye shoulda been #1 seed. Score 42 pts and allow 45 pts to Bortles and Jax...ya most disappointing and embarassing loss for me. Just an epic fail.

An easier path rarely sets up....should have been the #1 seed hosting NE for the AFCC.

Yeah yeah yeah....13-3, but we had a ridiculously easy schedule this year. I don't expect a Tomlin team to get a bye with a more normal schedule - too consistently inconsistent, unfocused and undisciplined.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm 

I don't think this is the biggest failure from a seasonal perspective, but the playoff game was right there with the Tebow game and the Ravens wildcard a couple years back.

I never really bought into this team even with the 13-3 record, so I wasn't expecting a super bowl run.

We obviously didn't have championship level coaching, as there are certain types of games that we just can't win because the team isn't coached to win them. I've also thought all year that the talent on this team is overrated. First, our O-line is the most overrated unit in the NFL. When was the last time the O-line dominated a game? Second, our D-line, which is supposed to be a strength, is league average at best. Finally, and most importantly, overall on field IQ needs to be considered part of the talent equation and this group doesn't have it. The team has optimized for athleticism over football IQ/technique for years now, and as a result we have a "chicken-with-their-heads-cut-off" secondary, missed tackles across the entire defense due to bad technique, DB's and WR's who can't play the ball in the air, and offensive skill players with no concept of when to run out of bounds in late half situations. This list could go on for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm 

I agree. Easily biggest failure of Tomlin era. Easily.

For me, I lost most of my confidence in Tomlin after last years AFCCG. But, I decided to give him one more shot and the benefit of the doubt for this season. So much for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:21 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Lets hear it for FIGJAM!!!! Tomlin is the new FIGJAM, FUCK, IM GOOD, JUST ASK ME!!! :)

I'm sure we can insert some Caddyshack humor in here!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
I don't think this is the biggest failure from a seasonal perspective, but the playoff game was right there with the Tebow game and the Ravens wildcard a couple years back.

I never really bought into this team even with the 13-3 record, so I wasn't expecting a super bowl run.

We obviously didn't have championship level coaching, as there are certain types of games that we just can't win because the team isn't coached to win them. I've also thought all year that the talent on this team is overrated. First, our O-line is the most overrated unit in the NFL. When was the last time the O-line dominated a game? Second, our D-line, which is supposed to be a strength, is league average at best. Finally, and most importantly, overall on field IQ needs to be considered part of the talent equation and this group doesn't have it. The team has optimized for athleticism over football IQ/technique for years now, and as a result we have a "chicken-with-their-heads-cut-off" secondary, missed tackles across the entire defense due to bad technique, DB's and WR's who can't play the ball in the air, and offensive skill players with no concept of when to run out of bounds in late half situations. This list could go on for awhile.

Bit of a list there...you blame anyone for that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next