It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am 

The broncos brought in TJ Ward S, Aqib Talib CB, Demarcus Ware OLB and Brandon Marshall LB within a 2 year time frame and built one of the best defenses in recent history.

The Steelers already have a HOF QB in the twilight of his career like Peyton. With a new OC they are set on that side of the ball.

It's time to make major moves on the defense to turn the unit around.

How could we possibly afford 3 high quality FA signings you ask? I don't fucking know, but he Broncos did it on top of signing Peyton fucking Manning, so figure it out! Trades are on the table also.

Three high quality signings could do it, much like John Elway did it. It's time to go all in. If that means moving on from LeV Bell, then do it. If they can draft a Guice or Michel or even Wadley in the 3rd round, that will be enough for this offense. IF they aggressively address the defense. This team is THREE impact players on defense from being an elite unit.

They need to use Elway's recipe of 2014-15.

The big Wild Card is.........Elway replaced Fox with Kubiak after a Divisional Round upset loss in 2014. A coaching change at the top is obviously not happening. So all of the above could be moot.

Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am 

I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 am 

Obviously wrote:
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

I haven't delved into any FA moves by the earlier teams. All I know is Elway the GM went all in on turning a mediocre defense into the best unit in the NFL. That's what we need, and thats what I want. Do that, how can this team be stopped? (other than the obvious Tomlin gaffes)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am 

R S wrote:
The broncos brought in TJ Ward S, Aqib Talib CB, Demarcus Ware OLB and Brandon Marshall LB within a 2 year time frame and built one of the best defenses in recent history.

The Steelers already have a HOF QB in the twilight of his career like Peyton. With a new OC they are set on that side of the ball.

It's time to make major moves on the defense to turn the unit around.

How could we possibly afford 3 high quality FA signings you ask? I don't fucking know, but he Broncos did it on top of signing Peyton fucking Manning, so figure it out! Trades are on the table also.

Three high quality signings could do it, much like John Elway did it. It's time to go all in. If that means moving on from LeV Bell, then do it. If they can draft a Guice or Michel or even Wadley in the 3rd round, that will be enough for this offense. IF they aggressively address the defense. This team is THREE impact players on defense from being an elite unit.

They need to use Elway's recipe of 2014-15.

The big Wild Card is.........Elway replaced Fox with Kubiak after a Divisional Round upset loss in 2014. A coaching change at the top is obviously not happening. So all of the above could be moot.

That recipe would be great...too bad it won't happen. The Steelers will sign a mid-level FA or 2 like Mitchell, and trot out the same lame defense. They'll go 10-6 to 12-4 maybe have a home playoff game and bow out in the divisional round again. Rooney will make a shit-load of money and things will never change. Swiss has said that Tomlin has the job security of the Pope but it's even better than that. Pope Benedict was forced out to make room for Francis. So Tomlin's job is even more secure than the Pope...and he's only 45 and signed through the 2020 season...Ugh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am 

Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 pm 

Obviously wrote:

Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny. I witnessed his career in Denver as a coordinator and HC. What he had going for him was:
A. Masked Steroids (EAS)
B. complete same page with and trust of Elway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:

I don't think that EMR gives a shit about winning, only stability and $ so nothing will change.

The Bowlens hired Elway to win. He did whatever was necessary. The deuce won't...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm 

I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny.

Cuntlin isn't a much, much better coach than anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.

It's funny that "not living in his fears" is his mantra. A little fear is a good motivator sometimes. Maybe the minority ownership will at the very least light a little fire under that cushy seat Tomlin sits in and motivate him to make the proper adjustments.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

I don't think that EMR gives a shit about winning, only stability and $ so nothing will change.

The Bowlens hired Elway to win. He did whatever was necessary. The deuce won't...

We don't know what Art II cares about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny. I witnessed his career in Denver as a coordinator and HC. What he had going for him was:
A. Masked Steroids (EAS)

A. is a major cop out
B. if Tomlin is not on the same page as Ben and has trust with Ben, then that's a major failure in leadership all around.

C. Lombardi's are the only measuring stick anyone should care about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 pm 

Obviously wrote:

Shanahan was just as much of a liability as Tomlin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm 

R S wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

It's funny that "not living in his fears" is his mantra. A little fear is a good motivator sometimes. Maybe the minority ownership will at the very least light a little fire under that cushy seat Tomlin sits in and motivate him to make the proper adjustments.

Exactly. Brady runs a sneak on 2nd and 2 to pick up a much needed first down in the AFCCG.

Tomlin is OK and signs off on Ben not sneaking the ball on 4th and a yard because 10 years ago in a game against the Redskins Ben banged his shoulder sneaking a ball for a TD. 10. Years. Ago.

Good call, Mike!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

A. Masked Steroids (EAS)

We also all witnessed Shanahan hoisting back to back Lombardis. Mike Tomlin and his defense were given 42 pts at home ..Tomlin and his defense, were destroyed, manhandled and humiliated at home by Blake Bortles and the jaguars for arguably the most embarassing playoff loss that i can remember. Thats a MASSIVE fail, if that doesnt get you fired, nothing ever will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
R S wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Exactly. Brady runs a sneak on 2nd and 2 to pick up a much needed first down in the AFCCG.

Tomlin is OK and signs off on Ben not sneaking the ball on 4th and a yard because 10 years ago in a game against the Redskins Ben banged his shoulder sneaking a ball for a TD. 10. Years. Ago.

Good call, Mike!

Un-fn-Real

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Isn't this up to Art2, Colbert and Kahn as much as Tomlin? I'm sure Tomlin would live to have pro bowl FAs at all positions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:40 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Isn't this up to Art2, Colbert and Kahn as much as Tomlin? I'm sure Tomlin would live to have pro bowl FAs at all positions.

Maybe the dumbfuck can draft us another long snapper and qb rather than noticing he had zero depth at ILB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Maybe the dumbfuck can draft us another long snapper and qb rather than noticing he had zero depth at ILB

Cool, but Tomlin is not the sole FA arbiter.

And Colbert might have something to do with whom and what position we draft and do not.

I have some serious Tomlin hate momentum worked up myself, but let's not casually jog away from the land of reason.

Last edited by Still Lit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

If Mike Mitchell is on this team next season, well, I’m not sure what I will do. That will tell me all I need to know about how serious tomlin is in improving this defense. Mitchell is Tomlin’s guy, so I presume he will advocate for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

If Mike Mitchell is on this team next season, well, I’m not sure what I will do. That will tell me all I need to know about how serious tomlin is in improving this defense. Mitchell is Tomlin’s guy, so I presume he will advocate for him.

Too many assumptions built in.

Do they go after a safety FA? That's not all Tomlin's call.
If they do not, do they draft one? Again not all Tomlin's call.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

A. Masked Steroids (EAS)

This is fucking hilarious- sincerely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:55 pm 

="Still Lit"]
GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Cool, but Tomlin is not the sole FA arbiter.

And Colbert might have something to do with whom and what position we draft and do not.

I have some serious Tomlin hate momentum worked up myself, but let's not casually jog away from the land of reason.[/quote]

Tomlin and Colbert ...the buck stops with both of em

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:55 pm 

"Still Lit"]
Orangesteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

If they do not, do they draft one? Again not all Tomlin's call.[/quote]

but that decision will be MOSTLY Tomlins call

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:57 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

If they do not, do they draft one? Again not all Tomlin's call.

Just my guess...
But I would think that the decisions on what positions need upgraded and which players need to be replaced, would fall on MT and the coaching staff.
Who those players brought in to improve those positions would mainly be on Colbert and the scouts.