It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5400
The broncos brought in TJ Ward S, Aqib Talib CB, Demarcus Ware OLB and Brandon Marshall LB within a 2 year time frame and built one of the best defenses in recent history.

The Steelers already have a HOF QB in the twilight of his career like Peyton. With a new OC they are set on that side of the ball.

It's time to make major moves on the defense to turn the unit around.

How could we possibly afford 3 high quality FA signings you ask? I don't fucking know, but he Broncos did it on top of signing Peyton fucking Manning, so figure it out! Trades are on the table also.

Three high quality signings could do it, much like John Elway did it. It's time to go all in. If that means moving on from LeV Bell, then do it. If they can draft a Guice or Michel or even Wadley in the 3rd round, that will be enough for this offense. IF they aggressively address the defense. This team is THREE impact players on defense from being an elite unit.

They need to use Elway's recipe of 2014-15.

The big Wild Card is.........Elway replaced Fox with Kubiak after a Divisional Round upset loss in 2014. A coaching change at the top is obviously not happening. So all of the above could be moot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3794
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5400
Obviously wrote:
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.



I haven't delved into any FA moves by the earlier teams. All I know is Elway the GM went all in on turning a mediocre defense into the best unit in the NFL. That's what we need, and thats what I want. Do that, how can this team be stopped? (other than the obvious Tomlin gaffes)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 652
R S wrote:
The broncos brought in TJ Ward S, Aqib Talib CB, Demarcus Ware OLB and Brandon Marshall LB within a 2 year time frame and built one of the best defenses in recent history.

The Steelers already have a HOF QB in the twilight of his career like Peyton. With a new OC they are set on that side of the ball.

It's time to make major moves on the defense to turn the unit around.

How could we possibly afford 3 high quality FA signings you ask? I don't fucking know, but he Broncos did it on top of signing Peyton fucking Manning, so figure it out! Trades are on the table also.

Three high quality signings could do it, much like John Elway did it. It's time to go all in. If that means moving on from LeV Bell, then do it. If they can draft a Guice or Michel or even Wadley in the 3rd round, that will be enough for this offense. IF they aggressively address the defense. This team is THREE impact players on defense from being an elite unit.

They need to use Elway's recipe of 2014-15.

The big Wild Card is.........Elway replaced Fox with Kubiak after a Divisional Round upset loss in 2014. A coaching change at the top is obviously not happening. So all of the above could be moot.


That recipe would be great...too bad it won't happen. The Steelers will sign a mid-level FA or 2 like Mitchell, and trot out the same lame defense. They'll go 10-6 to 12-4 maybe have a home playoff game and bow out in the divisional round again. Rooney will make a shit-load of money and things will never change. Swiss has said that Tomlin has the job security of the Pope but it's even better than that. Pope Benedict was forced out to make room for Francis. So Tomlin's job is even more secure than the Pope...and he's only 45 and signed through the 2020 season...Ugh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9021
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15925
Obviously wrote:
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny. I witnessed his career in Denver as a coordinator and HC. What he had going for him was:
A. Masked Steroids (EAS)
B. complete same page with and trust of Elway

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 652
GreekSteel wrote:
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:


I don't think that EMR gives a shit about winning, only stability and $ so nothing will change.

The Bowlens hired Elway to win. He did whatever was necessary. The deuce won't...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8182
I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10343
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny.


Cuntlin isn't a much, much better coach than anybody.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5400
Orangesteel wrote:
I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.


It's funny that "not living in his fears" is his mantra. A little fear is a good motivator sometimes. Maybe the minority ownership will at the very least light a little fire under that cushy seat Tomlin sits in and motivate him to make the proper adjustments.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DP39, fortythree, Google [Bot], Laying the Wood, OhioSteeler and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group