It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Is EAS what Romanowski was on?

Yes... at least the assertions were that EAS were covering up sophisticated doping with "supplements".

Terrell Davis
Shannon Sharpe
Romanowski

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:33 pm 

[
I lived there. I followed the team. I watched every game. EAS (the bad guys in the Barry Bonds saga) were juicing their entire operation.
Also, Shanahan had a hell of a hard time making good decisions without Elway.[/quote]

You may have noticed that Tomlin has a hard time making good decisions WITH Ben. Perhaps you missed going for 2 from the 12 yard line in 2007(just play to win baby). Or the dumbfuck intent on scoring a touchdown and running clock down to 1 second 10 days a ago, or kicking a FG vs Oakland in 2009- the list goes on and on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:51 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
[
I lived there. I followed the team. I watched every game. EAS (the bad guys in the Barry Bonds saga) were juicing their entire operation.
Also, Shanahan had a hell of a hard time making good decisions without Elway.

You may have noticed that Tomlin has a hard time making good decisions WITH Ben. Perhaps you missed going for 2 from the 12 yard line in 2007(just play to win baby). Or the dumbfuck intent on scoring a touchdown and running clock down to 1 second 10 days a ago, or kicking a FG vs Oakland in 2009- the list goes on and on.[/quote]
Shanahan 170-138 regular season, 8-6 playoffs... failed to win a playoff game in two of 4 seasons w Elway, including an upset at home vs huge underdog Jacksonville with a 13-3 Broncos team
M Tomlin ..116–60 regular season, 8-7 playoffs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 am 

R S wrote:
The broncos brought in TJ Ward S, Aqib Talib CB, Demarcus Ware OLB and Brandon Marshall LB within a 2 year time frame and built one of the best defenses in recent history.

The Steelers already have a HOF QB in the twilight of his career like Peyton. With a new OC they are set on that side of the ball.

It's time to make major moves on the defense to turn the unit around.

How could we possibly afford 3 high quality FA signings you ask? I don't fucking know, but he Broncos did it on top of signing Peyton fucking Manning, so figure it out! Trades are on the table also.

Three high quality signings could do it, much like John Elway did it. It's time to go all in. If that means moving on from LeV Bell, then do it. If they can draft a Guice or Michel or even Wadley in the 3rd round, that will be enough for this offense. IF they aggressively address the defense. This team is THREE impact players on defense from being an elite unit.

They need to use Elway's recipe of 2014-15.

The big Wild Card is.........Elway replaced Fox with Kubiak after a Divisional Round upset loss in 2014. A coaching change at the top is obviously not happening. So all of the above could be moot.

Good post but I agree w u - not happening. We have the most stubborn, passive and conservative owner in the NFL not named Brown.

Also- that team had one of the greatest defensive coaches in history in Wade Phillips, we have Butler.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:

This is more a front office question: How can we restructure and move guys to make room for even considering FAs?

I think you seriously consider moving Bell if you can figure out a way to make the deal AND get a top flight S or LB + a top 100 pick RB.

I truly think they fucked the pooch choosing Conner last year. They normally would have picked a guy that could step in and be almost as good, so that they'd be able to do the right thing with Bell.

The contracts are one area that I don't think Tomlin has that much say, and the contracts are where this offseason will be won or lost.

Mitchell ($5M), McDonald ($4.3M), Wilcox ($3.125) those guys are probably going to move ($12.5M). Sensabaugh likely gone ($1.4M). Hey-Bey also good candidate for "thank you for your service" ($1.2). Gay probably is done ($1.75).

Of course, the elephant in the room: if Shazier retires, it's $8.7M cap relief. He was due for an extension/restructure.

That's $24.55M cap flexibility, not counting replacements/restructures nor Bell. Currently, the Steelers are $3M under the cap. #goOmar #goKC

I think you sign a safety and draft one-- including one starter. You unfortunately have to sign or draft a RB that can start next year. You have to draft or sign a TE (despite FC's pained denials). You have to sign and draft an ILB, and one of them has to be ready to start.

If it's me, I try to sign McDonald to a 3 year deal and spread some of that cap hit out... but drafting a move TE would be a possibility, much as I hate it considering needs on D.

You make some great points here B2B. I think this situation that you outline is our only hope. We all know Tomlin is here for the long term. Looking like Bell gets signed which keeps that offense together. If they free up the above money, will they get agressive in free agency? I’d have to see it to believe .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:47 am 

KC wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny.

Cuntlin isn't a much, much better coach than anybody.

Where do get these witty nicknames?

Do they just come to you as you type?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:

This is more a front office question: How can we restructure and move guys to make room for even considering FAs?

I think you seriously consider moving Bell if you can figure out a way to make the deal AND get a top flight S or LB + a top 100 pick RB.

I truly think they fucked the pooch choosing Conner last year. They normally would have picked a guy that could step in and be almost as good, so that they'd be able to do the right thing with Bell.

The contracts are one area that I don't think Tomlin has that much say, and the contracts are where this offseason will be won or lost.

Mitchell ($5M), McDonald ($4.3M), Wilcox ($3.125) those guys are probably going to move ($12.5M). Sensabaugh likely gone ($1.4M). Hey-Bey also good candidate for "thank you for your service" ($1.2). Gay probably is done ($1.75).

Of course, the elephant in the room: if Shazier retires, it's $8.7M cap relief. He was due for an extension/restructure.

That's $24.55M cap flexibility, not counting replacements/restructures nor Bell. Currently, the Steelers are $3M under the cap. #goOmar #goKC

I think you sign a safety and draft one-- including one starter. You unfortunately have to sign or draft a RB that can start next year. You have to draft or sign a TE (despite FC's pained denials). You have to sign and draft an ILB, and one of them has to be ready to start.

If it's me, I try to sign McDonald to a 3 year deal and spread some of that cap hit out... but drafting a move TE would be a possibility, much as I hate it considering needs on D.

You make some great points here B2B. I think this situation that you outline is our only hope. We all know Tomlin is here for the long term. Looking like Bell gets signed which keeps that offense together. If they free up the above money, will they get agressive in free agency? I’d have to see it to believe .

Looking like Bell is getting resigned? Huh?

Because he said they’re closer than they were last year at this time?

It’s all nonsense, he wants more than twice as much as any back, said he won’t sign the tender...he can go fuck off and play for the Jets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:27 pm 

Quote:
Looking like Bell is getting resigned? Huh?

Because he said they’re closer than they were last year at this time?

It’s all nonsense, he wants more than twice as much as any back, said he won’t sign the tender...he can go fuck off and play for the Jets.

More positive news that I have heard to date. That's encouraging to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm 

KC wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny.

Cuntlin isn't a much, much better coach than anybody.

THIS ^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:
[
Also, Shanahan had a hell of a hard time making good decisions without Elway.

You may have noticed that Tomlin has a hard time making good decisions WITH Ben. Perhaps you missed going for 2 from the 12 yard line in 2007(just play to win baby). Or the dumbfuck intent on scoring a touchdown and running clock down to 1 second 10 days a ago, or kicking a FG vs Oakland in 2009- the list goes on and on.

Shanahan 170-138 regular season, 8-6 playoffs... failed to win a playoff game in two of 4 seasons w Elway, including an upset at home vs huge underdog Jacksonville with a 13-3 Broncos team
M Tomlin ..116–60 regular season, 8-7 playoffs[/quote]

It's as simple as this:

Shanahan 2 > Tomlin 1*

* with majority of Cowher's players

If you're going to penalize Shanahan for steroids, get ready to do so for Noll, too.