It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Broncos 2015- Hey it's the offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Thats exactly what the Steelers should do, but wont, because Herm Tomlin got this. :roll:

I don't think that EMR gives a shit about winning, only stability and $ so nothing will change.

The Bowlens hired Elway to win. He did whatever was necessary. The deuce won't...

We don't know what Art II cares about.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny. I witnessed his career in Denver as a coordinator and HC. What he had going for him was:
A. Masked Steroids (EAS)
B. complete same page with and trust of Elway

A. is a major cop out
B. if Tomlin is not on the same page as Ben and has trust with Ben, then that's a major failure in leadership all around.

C. Lombardi's are the only measuring stick anyone should care about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 pm 

Obviously wrote:
I'm actually looking at the '97-'98 Broncos. After getting punked at home in the '96 playoffs by underdog Jacksonville, Ben's hero Elway led his team to back-to-back Super Bowl victories after which he retired. Wouldn't that be nice for Ben to do the same? Then again, Ben has Tomlin and Elway had Shanahan.

Shanahan was just as much of a liability as Tomlin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm 

R S wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.

It's funny that "not living in his fears" is his mantra. A little fear is a good motivator sometimes. Maybe the minority ownership will at the very least light a little fire under that cushy seat Tomlin sits in and motivate him to make the proper adjustments.

Exactly. Brady runs a sneak on 2nd and 2 to pick up a much needed first down in the AFCCG.

Tomlin is OK and signs off on Ben not sneaking the ball on 4th and a yard because 10 years ago in a game against the Redskins Ben banged his shoulder sneaking a ball for a TD. 10. Years. Ago.

Good call, Mike!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Tomlin is a much, much better coach than Shanny. I witnessed his career in Denver as a coordinator and HC. What he had going for him was:
A. Masked Steroids (EAS)
B. complete same page with and trust of Elway

We also all witnessed Shanahan hoisting back to back Lombardis. Mike Tomlin and his defense were given 42 pts at home ..Tomlin and his defense, were destroyed, manhandled and humiliated at home by Blake Bortles and the jaguars for arguably the most embarassing playoff loss that i can remember. Thats a MASSIVE fail, if that doesnt get you fired, nothing ever will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
R S wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
I don’t expect dumbass Tomlin to do much of anything to improve this team this offseason. He’s not scared of failure, after all.

It's funny that "not living in his fears" is his mantra. A little fear is a good motivator sometimes. Maybe the minority ownership will at the very least light a little fire under that cushy seat Tomlin sits in and motivate him to make the proper adjustments.

Exactly. Brady runs a sneak on 2nd and 2 to pick up a much needed first down in the AFCCG.

Tomlin is OK and signs off on Ben not sneaking the ball on 4th and a yard because 10 years ago in a game against the Redskins Ben banged his shoulder sneaking a ball for a TD. 10. Years. Ago.

Good call, Mike!

Un-fn-Real

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Isn't this up to Art2, Colbert and Kahn as much as Tomlin? I'm sure Tomlin would live to have pro bowl FAs at all positions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:40 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Isn't this up to Art2, Colbert and Kahn as much as Tomlin? I'm sure Tomlin would live to have pro bowl FAs at all positions.

Maybe the dumbfuck can draft us another long snapper and qb rather than noticing he had zero depth at ILB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Maybe the dumbfuck can draft us another long snapper and qb rather than noticing he had zero depth at ILB

Cool, but Tomlin is not the sole FA arbiter.

And Colbert might have something to do with whom and what position we draft and do not.

I have some serious Tomlin hate momentum worked up myself, but let's not casually jog away from the land of reason.

Last edited by Still Lit on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

If Mike Mitchell is on this team next season, well, I’m not sure what I will do. That will tell me all I need to know about how serious tomlin is in improving this defense. Mitchell is Tomlin’s guy, so I presume he will advocate for him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next