It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: There has never been a better year to turn off the SB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm 

Considering the two teams playing. the biased refereeing and now this slap in the face:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2018/01/ ... -protests/

So the NFLs position on free speech all along was disingenuous but those of us with common sense already knew that.

The WWE is fixed but at least it doesn't go out of the way to piss off its audience.

Post subject: Re: There has never been a better year to turn off the SB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

Eh.

I personally wish players would stand, as I have a lot of family and friends who have served and sacrificed in various ways, but the NFL is a business and has a right to pick and choose it's advertisers. That has nothing to do with their right to free speech.

I'm sure their justification would be that they're trying to avoid more attention to the issue, either way. I suspect if you submitted an ad that asked viewers to kneel for the anthem, they'd reject that too. They'd rather not bring the issue up again in their biggest spectacle of the season, and I think that's a justifiable position, even if they get some bad publicity via this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm 

AMVETS wins out.

They get to keep their $30,000, and they'll still get their message out.

Last edited by Jeemie on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
AMVEST wins out.

They get to keep their $30,000, and they'll still get their message out.

For sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm 

I won’t watch even a minute. A ratings stinker (by SB standards) is the only remaining positive thing that will come of the season.

Unless somehow the Pats lose in said ratings stinker. I doubt that though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm 

955876 wrote:
I won’t watch even a minute. A ratings stinker (by SB standards) is the only remaining positive thing that will come of the season.

Unless somehow the Pats lose in said ratings stinker. I doubt that though.

Can't lose. They are the best coached team in the history of sports. They have the goatiest player to ever grace the planet. In fact, if he grew a goatee it would be the goatiest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Considering the two teams playing. the biased refereeing and now this slap in the face:

So the NFLs position on free speech all along was disingenuous but those of us with common sense already knew that.

The WWE is fixed but at least it doesn't go out of the way to piss off its audience.

I will be avidly watching and rooting for the Eagles. As far as the flag issue goes, I think the NFL bent over backwards the rest of the season to say "hey, we like vets! Really!" from having coaches wear those green army-style jackets for Veterans Day weekend and beyond to introducing vets before games among other examples. It's not "censorship" as they are a private business who can choose which advertising they wish to run or not run. You of course are free to respond by continuing your boycott of their product. I'm sure as a business they don't want to risk either offending vets and those who support them on the one hand or minorities and those who support them on the other and really just wish this issue would go away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 pm 

Not sure I understand the OP.

Why are you calling out Philly again?

I’m definitely watching and rooting hard for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:09 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Good for the NFL! I don't want to see any military shit before or during games, the less, the better! Why do we need it? We don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Good for the NFL! I don't want to see any military shit before or during games, the less, the better! Why do we need it? We don't.

Just when I think Nick can't get anymore loathsome, he comes out with this gem of a poast. Eat a bag of dicks, Nick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:05 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Just when I think Nick can't get anymore loathsome, he comes out with this gem of a poast. Eat a bag of dicks, Nick.

I'll eat some dicks if there are any leftovers.

What is annoying is not honoring vets for their service, but that at some point the NFL decided to become some kind of jingoistic propaganda arm of the military.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:31 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

No really? What does football or sports events in general have to do with the military? I never understood how in the last 4-5 years they constantly barrage you with military stuff every game? Have a military game once a year, like the breast cancer week, why does EVERY FUCKING GAME has to be devoted to slurping war and the military?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm 

First of all, they don't barrage you with military recognition in every game other than say color bearers for the national anthem. Sometimes it's law enforcement who does it.

And if you served in the military, you'd fucking know that while we have to prepare for the worst, we certainly don't wish it so take your slurp war remark and cram it in your ear sideways. You think my buddies and I wanted to go over to Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm? Fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm 

"What does football or sports events in general have to do with the military?"

What does an isolated incident of something the media latches onto that may or may not be police brutality have to do with the flag or respect of the military?

5-10% percent of any population of anything are going to be assholes. That includes the police. But that makes them about 90% better than an Antifa or Occupy crowd. But I guess the flag doesn't deserve respect until the police are perfect (which they were in the Ferguson case, but your peeps went with the feelz anyway).

I have no problem with CK protesting police brutality. Protesting the flag is too broad and illogical. Like I said it never occurred to me that I should do anything with a flag because of the Daniel Shaver execution in Mesa AZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 pm 

Quote:
Brandon Marshall rants: NFL teams 'should be ashamed' that Patriots are in Super Bowl again https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brandon-ma ... 37852.html
He's Right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:39 pm 

My "give a fuck" meter is at zero.

They officiated my interest out of non Steeler games years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 am 

I could careless about this game. Somehow someway the Refs will find a way to give the Game to the Cheats. Hopefully when they fix this game the whole world will see it and start to turn their collective backs on the NFL. I won't watch 1 minute of this nonsense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 am 

Obviously wrote:
First of all, they don't barrage you with military recognition in every game other than say color bearers for the national anthem. Sometimes it's law enforcement who does it.

They do! when you attend a game at Heinz Field, before the game an at the end of each quarter, they parade military people out onto the field for this reason or that, I have nothing against those people why not parade some teachers or paramedics out sometimes? Or some social workers that helped drug addicts? Does it always have to be some military person? Military people aren't any more worthy than anybody else, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 pm 

Obviously wrote:

And if you served in the military, you'd fucking know that while we have to prepare for the worst, we certainly don't wish it so take your slurp war remark and cram it in your ear sideways. You think my buddies and I wanted to go over to Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm? Fucking stupid.

Obviously, you'll find this to be a very interesting read.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nati ... tracts-nfl

Quote:
Jeff Flake (R-AZ) drew attention to the tens of thousands of dollars that the New Jersey Army National Guard paid the New York Jets for military-related “advertising and promotion,” calling it an “egregious and unnecessary waste of taxpayer dollars.” Flake followed up with a report co-authored with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that excoriated both the NFL and the military for allowing members of the armed services to be used as a “marketing ploy.” It ran through specific team’s contracts in detail, finding 14 teams received $5.4 million in taxpayer money from 2011-2014 for the so-called “patriotic displays.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:19 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

My favorite poast so far in 2018 may have been the guy who actually told B2B where he could get a bag of dicks. Never laughed so spontaneously hard in public in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Get rid of the "we" and use "I" and your dribble might have an iota of accuracy, maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 pm 

I'm not watching the game, and instead will watch season 2 of Last Chance U which is far better entertainment value.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:24 pm 

The last SB I watched was Giants over Pats- SB46. Fuck the NFL. I don't watch anything but Steelers games, unless I just happen to be somewhere and there's a game on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:32 am 

Nick - The real question is why in the last 4 or 5 years are more and more Americans bothered by the military?

Here is the answer. Because they are rapidly becoming soft, politically correct, conspiracy breathing lops of human shit.

I have become a great fan of mandatory military service for all at a certain age or some type of mandatory service to this great country we live in (as long as the mandatory service begins with a hot lice bath, tattoo removal and public head shavings - just kidding).

And before you call me a right wing white whacko, your fucking wrong,

I am Italian (nothing white about me), and I am a bed wetting liberal on the topics of health care and education.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 am 

I honestly have no desire to watch this game....so I won’t. Not one play.
I have copies of the original Steeler SB’s....including commercials. My plan is to watch a few of those with some friends on Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

I’m a sore loser....I hate the Pats....and I despise what the modern NFL has become. It reminds me of an aging relative that’s dying.

So I’ll live in the past this Sunday....knowing that my Steelers are guaranteed a win!