It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: There has never been a better year to turn off the SB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm 

Considering the two teams playing. the biased refereeing and now this slap in the face:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2018/01/ ... -protests/

So the NFLs position on free speech all along was disingenuous but those of us with common sense already knew that.

The WWE is fixed but at least it doesn't go out of the way to piss off its audience.

Post subject: Re: There has never been a better year to turn off the SB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

Eh.

I personally wish players would stand, as I have a lot of family and friends who have served and sacrificed in various ways, but the NFL is a business and has a right to pick and choose it's advertisers. That has nothing to do with their right to free speech.

I'm sure their justification would be that they're trying to avoid more attention to the issue, either way. I suspect if you submitted an ad that asked viewers to kneel for the anthem, they'd reject that too. They'd rather not bring the issue up again in their biggest spectacle of the season, and I think that's a justifiable position, even if they get some bad publicity via this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm 

AMVETS wins out.

They get to keep their $30,000, and they'll still get their message out.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Last edited by Jeemie on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
AMVEST wins out.

They get to keep their $30,000, and they'll still get their message out.

For sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm 

I won’t watch even a minute. A ratings stinker (by SB standards) is the only remaining positive thing that will come of the season.

Unless somehow the Pats lose in said ratings stinker. I doubt that though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm 

955876 wrote:
I won’t watch even a minute. A ratings stinker (by SB standards) is the only remaining positive thing that will come of the season.

Unless somehow the Pats lose in said ratings stinker. I doubt that though.

Can't lose. They are the best coached team in the history of sports. They have the goatiest player to ever grace the planet. In fact, if he grew a goatee it would be the goatiest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Considering the two teams playing. the biased refereeing and now this slap in the face:

So the NFLs position on free speech all along was disingenuous but those of us with common sense already knew that.

The WWE is fixed but at least it doesn't go out of the way to piss off its audience.

I will be avidly watching and rooting for the Eagles. As far as the flag issue goes, I think the NFL bent over backwards the rest of the season to say "hey, we like vets! Really!" from having coaches wear those green army-style jackets for Veterans Day weekend and beyond to introducing vets before games among other examples. It's not "censorship" as they are a private business who can choose which advertising they wish to run or not run. You of course are free to respond by continuing your boycott of their product. I'm sure as a business they don't want to risk either offending vets and those who support them on the one hand or minorities and those who support them on the other and really just wish this issue would go away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 pm 

Not sure I understand the OP.

Why are you calling out Philly again?

I’m definitely watching and rooting hard for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:09 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Good for the NFL! I don't want to see any military shit before or during games, the less, the better! Why do we need it? We don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Good for the NFL! I don't want to see any military shit before or during games, the less, the better! Why do we need it? We don't.

Just when I think Nick can't get anymore loathsome, he comes out with this gem of a poast. Eat a bag of dicks, Nick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next