It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: There has never been a better year to turn off the SB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:12 pm 

Alinsky sez make em live up to their own standards. He's the hero of the woke.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 pm 

You folks who refused to watch missed an AWESOME game. Too bad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:49 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I respect anyone who refused to watch the game or any NFL football this year. Total respect, in fact.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:49 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I respect anyone who refused to watch the game or any NFL football this year. Total respect, in fact.

Not me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:57 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Thank you sir. I can now resume my football fandom that the cheats lost another superbowl. Draft, combine here we come. :D

Besides lit the NFL network will re-air the shit out of it throughout the next several weeks while they prepare for the combine and draft. I'll likely sit down with a 6 pack and watch it eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:07 am 

Looks like I didn't watch a pretty good game. A small price to pay but I did see the last couple of minutes and the highlights.

Anyway it occurred to me that there is a lot of fuss about foreign government trying to manipulate elections. They have always done that and Obama did it in Israel. It ought to be far more ominous that our own government is trying to manipulate an election.

Anyway, congrats Philly. Try not to burn down your own city tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Hey Lit.....

I didn’t watch the game but, to be honest, enjoyed the hell outta reading these threads late Sunday night. It was almost as good as watching the game.

And when I found out the Eagles pulled it off I slept like a baby...it was like a belated Christmas gift.

From the sounds of it we probably would’ve been out coached (again) had we made it. Tomlin would’ve been playing checkers....Pederson was playing chess.

So since you watched the game....how do u think the Steelers would’ve faired against Philly for LII?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 am 

Take away the fact that most of us had a rooting interest, and then I think you’ll find it wasn’t really an awesome game...it was a track meet.

As Swiss pointed out, at one point (minus a short possession before halftime), there were seven consecutive possessions that ended with a TD.

When there’s absolutely no defense, it’s kinda boring.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Take away the fact that most of us had a rooting interest, and then I think you’ll find it wasn’t really an awesome game...it was a track meet.

As Swiss pointed out, at one point (minus a short possession before halftime), there were seven consecutive possessions that ended with a TD.

Actually, upon further review....was seven of eight possessions, interrupted by an Eagles second half drive ending in a field goal...which put the Patriots in position to take the lead for the first time in the game.

THAT puts the game in context, IMO...if Eagles weren't answering every Patriots score, staying two scores ahead....they risked ceding the lead...which they did when not scoring a TD.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Actually, upon further review....was seven of eight possessions, interrupted by an Eagles second half drive ending in a field goal...which put the Patriots in position to take the lead for the first time in the game.

THAT puts the game in context, IMO...if Eagles weren't answering every Patriots score, staying two scores ahead....they risked ceding the lead...which they did when not scoring a TD.

Ok...doesn’t change the fact that there was no defense save for a fourth down stop and Brandon Graham’s play.

If I didn’t care about the outcome...wouldn’t have watched.

Was as boring as that Green Bay/Arizona shootout in the playoffs a few years ago.

If I want to watch Arena Football, I will. Ticket prices are much cheaper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6