It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 QB Movement
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 am 

This will be the craziest offseason eve4 for AB movement. A lot of it will help shape the 20818 season and playoff teams. It’s going to be a wild offseason. Here is my stab in the dark at who will end up where.

Viikings... Bridgewater is the one I think they seem to want to hitch their wagon to long term. Maybe they tell Keenum the same thing and bring both back to compete.

Broncos.... Josh Rosen. They need a young QB. Could also see Sam Bradford in play as they’ve had luck with a washed up Peyton Manning. Bradford is a Veteran QB always pretty good when healthy. Ready made team

Redskins... Cousins. They wish they could quit him, but they need him. FA market says he’ll need them too.

Cardinals. Alex Smith makes sense here. Pretty good team he could step right.

49ers.. going to tag Garappolo.

Jags... They can’t dump Bortles after that playoff run, right? They are in a tough spot with his 5th year option and uptick in play.

Browns... AJ McCarron and Josh Allen. They wanted McCarron this year. Apparently they love Allen but he is raw. This is a good transition. Gives McCarron some tape as a starter for a season before hitting the market and Allen a year to grow.

Giants.... Sam Darnold and Eli. Gives Eli one year as a mentor before forced retirement or trade.

Bills.... Baker Mayfield falls to them in round 1. Competes with Tyrod Taylor.

Saints. Brees stays, but Mayfield would be a nice understudy if he falls.

Jets. Stick with McCown, take Lamar Jackson in round 2 after top 3 QBs come off the board early in rd 1.

Post subject: Re: 2018 QB Movement
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 am 

ill take a stab..

Vikings... Bridgewater

Broncos.... Alex Smith although i somehow see Eli ending up here

Redskins... Keenum and Baker

Cardinals. AJ McCarron and Lamar Jackson

49ers.. Garappolo.

Jags... They can’t dump Bortles after that playoff run, right? They are in a tough spot with his 5th year option and uptick in play.

Browns... Darnold

Giants....Rosen

Bills.... Allen or Rudolph

Saints. Brees stays

Jets. Stick with McCown, Allen or Rudolph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:28 am 

The Jags are the most intriguing for certain. Most would stick with Bortles but that owner is pretty agressive. Good thread - I agree it’s going to be fun. Hope Philly pulls off the upset as it would be a great start to the offseason. Also - I really want to see Mitchell gone ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 am 

John Dorsey brought Alex Smith to the Chiefs with all that draft capital he could bring him to the Browns

If I’m the ravens and bengals I’m looking to upgrade Flacco and dalton but I’m guessing they remain status quo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am 

SP wrote:
This will be the craziest offseason eve4 for AB movement. A lot of it will help shape the 20818 season and playoff teams. It’s going to be a wild offseason. Here is my stab in the dark at who will end up where.

Viikings... Bridgewater is the one I think they seem to want to hitch their wagon to long term. Maybe they tell Keenum the same thing and bring both back to compete.

Broncos.... Josh Rosen. They need a young QB. Could also see Sam Bradford in play as they’ve had luck with a washed up Peyton Manning. Bradford is a Veteran QB always pretty good when healthy. Ready made team

Redskins... Cousins. They wish they could quit him, but they need him. FA market says he’ll need them too.

Cardinals. Alex Smith makes sense here. Pretty good team he could step right.

49ers.. going to tag Garappolo.

Browns... AJ McCarron and Josh Allen. They wanted McCarron this year. Apparently they love Allen but he is raw. This is a good transition. Gives McCarron some tape as a starter for a season before hitting the market and Allen a year to grow.

Giants.... Sam Darnold and Eli. Gives Eli one year as a mentor before forced retirement or trade.

Bills.... Baker Mayfield falls to them in round 1. Competes with Tyrod Taylor.

Saints. Brees stays, but Mayfield would be a nice understudy if he falls.

Jets. Stick with McCown, take Lamar Jackson in round 2 after top 3 QBs come off the board early in rd 1.

I would love the Jets to trade up with the Steelers to get Jackson :-)

I would not be surprised if Tyrod Taylor leaves Buffalo. He has put up with their shit for too long.

I will not be surprised if the Broncos trade up to the #1 spot to get Allen. Or the Giants trade up to get Rosen. For the Browns it is safer to let the Giants come up if they are targeting Allen.
I also can see the Colts trading back to a team wanting a QB. The Colts need so many things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am 

Jets have most cap room of all QB needy teams...I see Cousins going to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
John Dorsey brought Alex Smith to the Chiefs with all that draft capital he could bring him to the Browns

That’s true and an intriguing thought. Alex Smith is 33, but that’s young for a QB in this league. He is a FA in 2019 but they have the money to sign him and they’ve had a terrible track record of choosing young QB’s and passing on young QB’s. I wonder what KC’s asking price would be?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 am 

I think the Browns are going to land Cousins.

They have a solid O line, some decent weapons on offense, a good defensive front, and a ton of draft picks and cash. Barkley #1 and Chubb/Fitzpatrick #4. This team could be fixed pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am 

Don't forget Sam Bradford. Even with his injury history, he will get a job somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

That’s true and an intriguing thought. Alex Smith is 33, but that’s young for a QB in this league. He is a FA in 2019 but they have the money to sign him and they’ve had a terrible track record of choosing young QB’s and passing on young QB’s. I wonder what KC’s asking price would be?

I'm guessing the Browns trade for Alex Smith or Hue's guy McCarron but I'm going to say Dorsey gets his guy Smith. Then I'm guessing they'll take the arm talented Josh Allen with one of their two 1st rounders (Trade down if possible). Let him learn behind Smith. It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted Sequon Barkley to excite the fan base. With Coleman, Gordon and the talented rookie tight end Njoku the Browns could get pretty good pretty quick on offense. Personally, I'd take Minkah Fitzpatrick and get FC's guy Rashaad Penny and round 2 if I'm the Browns, but WTF knows what will actually happen. Fun to speculate though this time of year.