It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Francesa: Tomlin's been 'a bad head coach for a couple y
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm 

Quote:
@usatodaysports
Terry Bradshaw thinks Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' smart drafting are the reasons for success in Pittsburgh, gives no credit to Mike Tomlin:
https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/stat ... mlin-is%2F
Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:53 am 

@usatodaysports
Terry Bradshaw thinks Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' smart drafting are the reasons for success in Pittsburgh, gives no credit to Mike Tomlin:
https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/stat ... mlin-is%2F

If Bradshaw starts calling Tomlin a bugged eyed fuck i’m gonna start wondering.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 am 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
I appreciate the Super Bowl or failure perspective

I do happen to also appreciate things like going 13-3, winning the division, beating rivals, not playing meaningless games etc etc

You are the PERFECT Mike Tomlin fan.

I guarantee the bug-eyed fuck appreciates your loyalty.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 am 

955876 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
No, no no no no no.

Tomlins sucks, and should be fired. Objective reality is irrelevant, two or three things cannot co-exist at the same time, and the only metric is super bowl wins. Everything else means shit. The only things that matter are my cherry picked stats. Cleaning house, however extreme it might be (and I wouldn't do it in my own business based on external observations), is completely and totally called for.

Tomlin should be tarred and feathered. And Butler, lake, porter, and mitchell need to be burned at the stake. THEY FAILED ME!!!

Fuck them. They suck. They didn't give me the glory of celebrating a super bowl win.

And Francesa is totally right. Even though his job depends on providing an opinion to stir up clicks. Otherwise, he'd be sitting at home typing on the keyboard until bloody forcing home his point. In the basement. Wearing tighty whities, drinking Monster.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank god. Finally someone else agrees with me about Lake.

:D

There wa so much hyperbole in CT’s post.

Plenty of people agree with you about Lake. That isn’t the issue.

The issue is Tomlin doesn’t fire him.

And that’s the thing about this turd. He’s be less of a turd if he at the least placed some blame elsewhere and made some changes to his defensive staff. But he’s too stubborn to even do that.

Porter so valuable he couldn’t be a sacrificial lamb?

Lake?

Mitchell?

Olsavsky?

Butler?

Your defense blows. Make a freakin change. This isn’t a one year issue.

I’m no longer care that Lake switched from S to corner back in 1990 something. Find a better coach

Yeah, Vrable snagged the guy from Ohio U. Yeah the cb coach who has produce at least 4 1st rounders the last several years. Too bad Tomlin couldn't have recognized the fact that Lake isn't doing the job and search for someone else, maybe him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am 

alancac98 wrote:
Yeah, Vrable snagged the guy from Ohio U. Yeah the cb coach who has produce at least 4 1st rounders the last several years. Too bad Tomlin couldn't have recognized the fact that Lake isn't doing the job and search for someone else, maybe him.

Why would Tomlin work that hard, to seek out the best coaching talent?

Right now, he's coasting with the best RB in the NFL. The best WR in the NFL. A top 3 QB and future Hall of Famer.

Who gives a shit if the defense sucks? We might outscore 'em!! If we don't, who fucking cares?

Tomlin knows his job is safe.

Ownership and a giant majority of the fans are too fucking stupid to understand what this guy's about.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:59 am 

The insularity of ownership is a problem here...if you’re digging for root causes...that’s it.

FC pointed it out...the same scouts for decades...the tendency to not only have the head man, but his staff, remain unchanged for years. I mean...how long have Mitchell and Olsavsky and Butler been here? What’s with this recent trend of looking for former Steelers to hire as coaches? “He was a former Steeler” should not even be in the TOP HUNDRED criteria for selecting a coach.

There’s a staleness in the organization that just enough winning has been able to mask.

There’s some up and coming teams in the AFC...we are not guaranteed to be the successor to New England when they finally begin to fade.

The NFC is chock full of exciting up-and-coming teams as well. I could easily see Philadelphia becoming the next New England...Wentz is the real deal, and they’re building the team the right way.

A slide into the irrelevance of the 1980s seems more in the cards at this moment than a resurgence to glory.

That’s what it seems to me.

And Art II is NOTHING without his father...a lawyer, not a football mind...not even enough of a football mind, IMO, to recognize the types of football minds he needs to run his team.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am 

Quote:
"We underachieved this year," Ward said. "One thing about Pittsburgh — it's a very talented team but the talent can only take you so far. I think a lot has to do with the chemistry of the team. You need less ‘me' and more about the team. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hines-ward ... 08750.html
It's been said to death. It's been an issue for several seasons. There have only been the 2 changes staff wise. One was retired and the other was not asked back. More has to be done. I believe there has to be a staff change or 3 on defense. I'm pessimistic and believe it won't happen, because it hasn't happened already, the standard is the standard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 pm 

KC wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:

I do happen to also appreciate things like going 13-3, winning the division, beating rivals, not playing meaningless games etc etc

You are the PERFECT Mike Tomlin fan.

I guarantee the bug-eyed fuck appreciates your loyalty.

Except i'm not a Mike Tomlin fan. There is a large middle ground between hatred and fanboy. That's where I'm at.

btw it's hard to take you seriously with all this bug-eyed shit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Except i'm not a Mike Tomlin fan. There is a large middle ground between hatred and fanboy. That's where I'm at.

btw it's hard to take you seriously with all this bug-eyed shit.
Exactly. But the easier and more effective response is to label people like us as fanboys or dumbfucks, and come up with clever names as insults. It makes one seem taller when you cut others' off at the knees. And it makes you feel better, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:31 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:

Losing first playoff game after a 13-3 season makes it all the more disappointing, and renders the season meaningless. Do you think any Patriots fans take any joy in their undefeated season? Undefeated that is...until losing the Super Bowl. They've purged that season from their memories.

Personally, I'll look back much more fondly on the '15 season...when Steelers snuck in as the Wild Card.....when a Playoff game at Paul Brown, then damn near beat the Doncos in Denver, though undermanned.

To each his own.

I take it as it comes. I enjoy every victory. 13 wins is better than 12 and so forth and so on. I enjoy the journey. I get just as disappointed as anyone when we lose, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the season for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next