It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: If Steelers had made SB how much would Ben's past have b
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm 

They kinda already did with the Stormy Daniels thing.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I think this was a last hurrah for NE and sagging ratings.

I honestly can't buy into this - NO ONE outside of New England wants to see the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Exactly the point. People tune in hoping to see NE lose. Romo and the other analysts have even said that a few times.

The formula for sagging ratings is the evil dynasty (a.k.a "The Yankees").

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:05 pm 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Brought up during 2009/2010? With everything going on with #metoo and #timesup and seeming like every week some public figure is brought down and with Nassar and Michigan St, I got a feeling all of the stuff would have been front page news again and a big distraction.

I've been thinking "out of the box" (no pun intended) and longer term. Ben "screwed" himself out of generational dominance and "goat" conversation in an immature dumbass run that culminated in the Milledgeville disaster.

Somebody, maybe on this esteemed site said, "The only time the word narrative is used is in touting the narrative."

"Storyline", Ibid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 pm 

Exactly the point. People tune in hoping to see NE lose. Romo and the other analysts have even said that a few times.

The formula for sagging ratings is the evil dynasty (a.k.a "The Yankees").[/quote]

A good illustration of the "Begging the Question" logical fallacy, i.e. the "evil dynasty", and that which creates and perpetuates it, is the cause of the sagging ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:
955876 wrote:
I’m more curious if he would have continued his string of scoring 7 for the other team or not.

He did yesterday in the Pro Bowl

Since there was not a pro bowl thread.

Caught the first quarter while at hospital sitting with father-in law.

Had to chuckle that the first play from scrimmage for the Pittsburgh / AFCers.
Was a WR screen from Ben to AB. lol.
Good for 3 yard maybe.

Ben, AB, Bell, Pouncey, Decastro, Villy may have all been in on that first series.
A sixth with Rosie Nix may have joined them for a play.
Boswell was kicking.

What coach was lucky enough to have soo much talent on one team

BTW.
Fichner was the offensive coordinator for the AFC.

The game is horrible,
they should do a skills competition, a stongest man competition, a wide world of sports kind of event, the obstacle course, tug of war, dodge ball, 40 yard dash, high jump, long jump, jousting, etc..........

Hey they did all you wrote in last paragraph .....Friday night . It was on tv that was better than the game. Dodgeball game was fun too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:36 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Brought up during 2009/2010? With everything going on with #metoo and #timesup and seeming like every week some public figure is brought down and with Nassar and Michigan St, I got a feeling all of the stuff would have been front page news again and a big distraction.

That would have been FUCKING AWESOME to be in the Super Bowl, and be forced to deal with that distraction, I would of gladly taken it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Never thought of this but you are spot on! They would have been all over Ben this week.

Maybe the NFL had to scramble to re-write its script....

I think this was a last hurrah for NE and sagging ratings. Next year will be PIT turn.

I've heard many people say they don't want to watch this Super Bowl specifically because NE is in it again. So is NE a ratings draw?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I've heard many people say they don't want to watch this Super Bowl specifically because NE is in it again. So is NE a ratings draw?

Yes. How many different ways does it need to be said? It's not complicated - more people will tune in to watch NE lose than avoid it because NE is playing. That's the "evil empire" affect (or the "heel" in WWF) - good for ratings, and your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove otherwise.

It's a proven formula in sports, entertainment, reality tv, etc... The team/person people love to hate is a big ratings draw.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Yes. How many different ways does it need to be said? It's not complicated - more people will tune in to watch NE lose than avoid it because NE is playing. That's the "evil empire" affect (or the "heel" in WWF) - good for ratings, and your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove otherwise.

It's a proven formula in sports, entertainment, reality tv, etc... The team/person people love to hate is a big ratings draw.

So Pittsburgh/Philly is less of a draw?

I'll watch the Super Bowl, just because I always do, every one since III, but I never heard so many people claiming they won't watch before this year. Many are the idiotic anthem boycotters and the rest are Pats haters.

Oh yeah, I will DVR the game so I can tune in later and FF past the anthem and the rest of the stupid pregame crap straight to the KO.

I guess we'll see if the ratings are good or not. I do think Super Bowl has become a national holiday and an excuse for having a party so to some degree it doesn't matter who's playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:
955876 wrote:
I’m more curious if he would have continued his string of scoring 7 for the other team or not.

He did yesterday in the Pro Bowl

Since there was not a pro bowl thread.

Caught the first quarter while at hospital sitting with father-in law.

Had to chuckle that the first play from scrimmage for the Pittsburgh / AFCers.
Was a WR screen from Ben to AB. lol.
Good for 3 yard maybe.

Ben, AB, Bell, Pouncey, Decastro, Villy may have all been in on that first series.
A sixth with Rosie Nix may have joined them for a play.
Boswell was kicking.

What coach was lucky enough to have soo much talent on one team

BTW.
Fichner was the offensive coordinator for the AFC.

Now that Tomlin is no longer under Rooney's orders to stop forcing the wr screen into Haley's offense, he'll start forcing it on Fich. Hopefully Rooney re-asserts himself before training camp starts.