It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Not Antwon Blake!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
“I don’t think any of those guys are real good,” said Riddick. “Joe is still a good pro, but his best days are behind him. Artie Burns is one of those guys who must continue to raise his game. Mike Mitchell has to be better. If he’s going to talk the talk he has to walk the walk.” http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1801280154
Found this and instead of a new thread thought it fit in this one. So Mr. Riddick, you realize you're preaching to the choir right? The secondary is far from the only weakness on this defense and I do agree they are weak nonetheless. So the question becomes, what the hell are the Steelers doing about it? When you opinionated Sean Davis as the best secondary player on the Steelers secondary you not only made a bold statement you literally confirmed why this secondary is the weakest link on this defense. Davis is inconsistent at best. Burns is disappointing and should be further along in his process. I don't know if it's coaching or just simply Burns isn't what they thought he'd be. The lone bright spot has been Hilton. A UDFA that has exploded onto the scene. Sutton showed some flash but between injury and lack of reps he's still largely an unknown. Allen is a decent ST'er but has yet to perform defensively so he's an unknown. I would not be surprised to see them take another corner after hopefully nabbing a stud Safety. The secondary is the weakest link on this weak defense. I agree.

I think it's coaching. No way in hell we can swing and miss on all of these secondary picks. I think it's clear that we're doing a piss poor job of developing them. Sad part is, this is where Tomlin could have put his mark being a former DB coach under Dungy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 am 

Lake seems to have lifetime employment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
“I don’t think any of those guys are real good,” said Riddick. “Joe is still a good pro, but his best days are behind him. Artie Burns is one of those guys who must continue to raise his game. Mike Mitchell has to be better. If he’s going to talk the talk he has to walk the walk.” http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1801280154
Found this and instead of a new thread thought it fit in this one. So Mr. Riddick, you realize you're preaching to the choir right? The secondary is far from the only weakness on this defense and I do agree they are weak nonetheless. So the question becomes, what the hell are the Steelers doing about it? When you opinionated Sean Davis as the best secondary player on the Steelers secondary you not only made a bold statement you literally confirmed why this secondary is the weakest link on this defense. Davis is inconsistent at best. Burns is disappointing and should be further along in his process. I don't know if it's coaching or just simply Burns isn't what they thought he'd be. The lone bright spot has been Hilton. A UDFA that has exploded onto the scene. Sutton showed some flash but between injury and lack of reps he's still largely an unknown. Allen is a decent ST'er but has yet to perform defensively so he's an unknown. I would not be surprised to see them take another corner after hopefully nabbing a stud Safety. The secondary is the weakest link on this weak defense. I agree.

I think it's coaching. No way in hell we can swing and miss on all of these secondary picks. I think it's clear that we're doing a piss poor job of developing them. Sad part is, this is where Tomlin could have put his mark being a former DB coach under Dungy.

Yep...coaching, outdated scheme, do what we do attitude.