It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DK Scandal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm 

R S wrote:
In DK's defense. What he supposedly did was sleazy, but she wasn't an employee and he hadn't even launched his business yet. As far as we know, they had a flirtatious set of conversations and DK took it to another level. Find me texts asking for sex from current employees. Other than that, he's a dick to work with. Whoopty doo.

So...sex as a condition for continued or preferential treatment if already employed, bad.

Sex as a condition for getting hired or given work in the first place, give a pass?

Obviously, RS, you're not saying that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 pm 

I just saw where Matt Gajtka resigned, one of DK's staffers.

He just said on Twitter that DK was outstanding to him but that he believes the people who have come forward with complaints so he resigned.

Not good. DK has one hell of mess on his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
What I find hilarious is that Mark Madden has been outspoken in defending DK. I challenge anyone to find a less desirable advocate to defend one's honor against charges of being a sleaze ball creep than Mark Madden.

Gotta love a guy that routinely says all of his listeners are idiots...then brags about his ratings.

You're unintentionally admitting to being the Pied Piper of Idiots. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:
In DK's defense. What he supposedly did was sleazy, but she wasn't an employee and he hadn't even launched his business yet. As far as we know, they had a flirtatious set of conversations and DK took it to another level. Find me texts asking for sex from current employees. Other than that, he's a dick to work with. Whoopty doo.

So...sex as a condition for continued or preferential treatment if already employed, bad.

Sex as a condition for getting hired or given work in the first place, give a pass?

The funniest part was that his offer was for an UNPAID position. I’m sure she jumped right on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:22 pm 

Anyone reached out to Dejean on Twitter yet to see if that position that involves banging his wife in front of him is still available? Free download of the SteelerFury app to the first one that does.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm 

SP wrote:
Anyone reached out to Dejean on Twitter yet to see if that position that involves banging his wife in front of him is still available? Free download of the SteelerFury app to the first one that does.

Haha. Good luck. He has his profile on lockdown now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Ive been saying this dude is a dick for years.

Glad to hear I was right.

Funny thing is this.

Being a cheap bastard, I never subscribed to his site.....(always believing there's enough free shit to read), but often watched his morning java segment...just watched it this morning, in fact.

He always impressed me as somewhat nerdy, perhaps a dick, but in a nerdy sort of way.....not offensive....but certainly not the kind of guy who would be a mega-asshole to work for and who would involve himself in shit that's being alleged.

Now....Madden on the other hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:31 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:

what I'm saying is show us the text messages. She posted copies of the DM's he sent her on Twitter. Show us the texts. Accusations without evidence are slander.

what he supposedly did was sleazy but not criminal. Why should i believe he did anything more than proposition her? If I were to believe that at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
What I find hilarious is that Mark Madden has been outspoken in defending DK. I challenge anyone to find a less desirable advocate to defend one's honor against charges of being a sleaze ball creep than Mark Madden.

Madden and DK could not be more different in real life.

Madden is a great dude, he's a very demanding boss but he's fair and treats his people well. He donates a lot to charity and gives back even more of his time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Funny thing is this.

Being a cheap bastard, I never subscribed to his site.....(always believing there's enough free shit to read), but often watched his morning java segment...just watched it this morning, in fact.

He always impressed me as somewhat nerdy, perhaps a dick, but in a nerdy sort of way.....not offensive....but certainly not the kind of guy who would be a mega-asshole to work for and who would involve himself in shit that's being alleged.

Two personal, first-hand examples of why Madden is way better than DK.

Dejan used to do a weekly hit on Joe Bendel's show. It was a sponsored segment so Dejan got paid for it. I would call him during the commercial break right before his segment and get him ready to go. Every single time I called he treated me like an asshole. I spoke with more famous, richer, and less liked guys than him on a daily basis and he was the only one who treated me like a dick.

One time Joe wanted to push Dejan's segment back to the next hour so I called to ask. Dejan said No, which is his right. But he said "I don't have anything going on in the next hour but I think it's highly disrespectful of Joe to bump me back."

Which is...whatever. I'm not gonna rip him for his opinion. So I tell Joe. We have Dejan on at the regular time and Dejan is once again a dick to me but even worse...he calls Joe out on the air for wanting to bump him back. And it wasn't in a playful way. He interrupted Joe's first question to bombard him with a complaint. Joe gritted his teeth through the rest of the segment. Then during the break immediately told me he was never having Dejan back and then called our program director to bitch about it. Dejan never came back on our show and Joe told me once that Dejan texted him and told him his show needed Dejan.

Madden on the other hand once went to bat to re-hire a former producer of his who left for a better paying job. When the guy told Madden he had a family and couldn't afford the pay Madden ponied up the extra money to bring the guy in.

Another time I was hanging out in the studio while they recorded a hockey interview and when the guy being interviewed got smart with his producer Madden told the guy off, made him apologize, and then goofed on him during the interview.

Madden is a great dude as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 am 

You never know with on air personalities. Much of it is schtick. Look at Mr All-American Matt Lauer. I've heard many people say that Oprah is a major b____ the minute the camera goes off at her show tapings. You never know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 am 

fortythree wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Funny thing is this.

Two personal, first-hand examples of why Madden is way better than DK.

Dejan used to do a weekly hit on Joe Bendel's show. It was a sponsored segment so Dejan got paid for it. I would call him during the commercial break right before his segment and get him ready to go. Every single time I called he treated me like an asshole. I spoke with more famous, richer, and less liked guys than him on a daily basis and he was the only one who treated me like a dick.

One time Joe wanted to push Dejan's segment back to the next hour so I called to ask. Dejan said No, which is his right. But he said "I don't have anything going on in the next hour but I think it's highly disrespectful of Joe to bump me back."

Which is...whatever. I'm not gonna rip him for his opinion. So I tell Joe. We have Dejan on at the regular time and Dejan is once again a dick to me but even worse...he calls Joe out on the air for wanting to bump him back. And it wasn't in a playful way. He interrupted Joe's first question to bombard him with a complaint. Joe gritted his teeth through the rest of the segment. Then during the break immediately told me he was never having Dejan back and then called our program director to bitch about it. Dejan never came back on our show and Joe told me once that Dejan texted him and told him his show needed Dejan.

Madden on the other hand once went to bat to re-hire a former producer of his who left for a better paying job. When the guy told Madden he had a family and couldn't afford the pay Madden ponied up the extra money to bring the guy in.

Another time I was hanging out in the studio while they recorded a hockey interview and when the guy being interviewed got smart with his producer Madden told the guy off, made him apologize, and then goofed on him during the interview.

Madden is a great dude as far as I'm concerned.

That is cute that you have a good past working history with Mark Madden. But the point is he willing puts out a persona of a misogynistic blowhard sleaze ball and that is how Joe Public sees him. Not really who you would want in your corner defending you for being a misogynistic blowhard sleaze ball.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:15 pm 

If you're ok getting worked up by a gimmick, sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 pm 

fortythree wrote:

Well, his gimmick certainly doesn't make me want to listen to him. Ever. But I'm glad to hear he's a nice guy in real life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:24 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Well, his gimmick certainly doesn't make me want to listen to him. Ever. But I'm glad to hear he's a nice guy in real life.

Apparently it's getting him enough viewers. If I recall, he is pretty obsessed with pro wrestling(to me very strange for a grown man) so it makes sense his schtick is to play the heel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am 

R S wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Apparently it's getting him enough viewers. If I recall, he is pretty obsessed with pro wrestling(to me very strange for a grown man) so it makes sense his schtick is to play the heel.

He used to be a writer and occasional commentator for WCW.

I'm not sure that makes it any less weird, but still.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:54 pm 

so it's very obvious and easy to believe he plays the heel. But in real life I wouldn't doubt he's a normal acting guy.