It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 pm 

R S wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Rumor is Jacksonville is the front runner to land Kirk Cousins.

If they get Cousins and a playmaker or two on offense they have to be the favorite to win it all next year.

They also get Allen Robinson back at WR.

Major downgrade by the Skins in my opinion. I have to think Cousins had enough of Washington and didn't want to sign there no matter the price.

Agree, I don't understand the move by the Skins. They basically got the same QB but 4 years older with less potential.

I am guessing Washington is going to try and move up to get one of the young QB's at the top of the draft or the PSU RB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.

Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.

It's still unrealistic to assume they'll be competitive next year. And it's pretty likely that Hue Jackson is fired if things don't go well. Given Cousins' statements about wanting to go to a winner, I just don't see him taking the risk of going to a team like Cleveland.

I personally think that Denver or Buffalo would be much better options, but who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm 

Den or Buff are the most likely destinations and id wager its Den, since they have a track record of success, elway etc..just more built to win now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm 

Den has major problems on D.

They lost their MLB and Manimal DL. Now they're losing Talib. They've got some reloading to do. Cousins would be in the lower half of QBs in that division, maybe the 4th best.

I don't think Cousins is enough of an upgrade over Bortles for Jax to make that move, especially given how Bortles played in the playoffs-- which was pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Den has major problems on D.

They lost their MLB and Manimal DL. Now they're losing Talib. They've got some reloading to do. Cousins would be in the lower half of QBs in that division, maybe the 4th best.

I don't think Cousins is enough of an upgrade over Bortles for Jax to make that move, especially given how Bortles played in the playoffs-- which was pretty well.

You have gone and lost your mind B2B, Cousins is waaaay better than Bortles. Bortles vs Buff...ya wasnt pretty...Bortles vs NE was a decent 1st half, Fugley 2nd half...Bortles vs Tomlins version of the Steelers defense?? Lets just say Cousins would be licking his chops to face a Tomlin defense.

Let me also add, its not that i think Cousins is such a great franchise QB, its just that Bortles sucks that bad.

Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm 

Quote:
Paul Pabst

Verified account

@PaulPabst
2h2 hours ago
More
"We need Kirk...we'd like Kirk. Kirk could take us over the edge." - Von Miller on Kirk Cousins. Von said he has chatted with Cousins recently. @dpshow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm 

If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:04 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

Huh?

They may finish last in the division with him.

Why does everyone think Denver is such a good situation? No running game, a defense that got thrashed last year, a bunch of veteran cuts coming to sign Cousins, etc etc etc.

San Diego is better, KC is much better, and one would expect a nice turnaround from the Raiders with Chucky.

I don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

I don’t gamble, and don’t do avatars. But you can razz me about it if it doesn’t happen. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

Agree...Denver is on the decline. Aging WRs, holes on defense, an average O line, and zero running game. Cousins will struggle badly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

So....the 4 division winners plus a team that just missed the playoffs. Way to go out on a limb ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm 

This is a strange day as I end up agreeing with B2B again. I don't think Cousins is all that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm 

Next Years AFC playoff seeding and records
1. Patriots (14-2)
2. Texans (12-4)
3. Ravens (11-5)
4. Chargers (10-6)
5. Steelers (11-5)
6. Jaguars (10-6)

Patriots maintain
Texans surge with their 2 best players back
Ravens back to normal after all their injuries
Chargers play to their potential more often
Steelers/Jags slide a little. Steelers lose twice to Ravens to lose tie breaker
Titans, Bills, Chiefs no bueno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:

What makes you think they won't have injuries again next year? Here's how old some key starters will be on opening day next season:
- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

By contrast, only Villy, AB, Ben, and Mitchell will be 30 for the Steelers next year. Only Ben is over 31.

3/4 of their starting secondary is on the wrong side of 30. Their primary pass rusher is 36 with 2 blown achilles' in his past. Their top 3 pass catchers from last year are all over 30 (2 of whom are free agents), and they haven't developed a decent skill position player in years.

It's not so much that Baltimore has been snake bit by injuries, it's that they are way too reliant on older players (some, like Suggs and Woodhead have lengthy injury histories). Joe Flacco and Jimmy Smith's contracts are absolute albatrosses, and they haven't been able to sign/develop depth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:

What makes you think they won't have injuries again next year? Here's how old some key starters will be on opening day next season:
- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

By contrast, only Villy, AB, Ben, and Mitchell will be 30 for the Steelers next year. Only Ben is over 31.

3/4 of their starting secondary is on the wrong side of 30. Their primary pass rusher is 36 with 2 blown achilles' in his past. Their top 3 pass catchers from last year are all over 30 (2 of whom are free agents), and they haven't developed a decent skill position player in years.

It's not so much that Baltimore has been snake bit by injuries, it's that they are way too reliant on older players (some, like Suggs and Woodhead have lengthy injury histories). Joe Flacco and Jimmy Smith's contracts are absolute albatrosses, and they haven't been able to sign/develop depth

Agree Pabst. Rats are what they are...not a good team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:37 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:

- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

Agree Pabst. Rats are what they are...not a good team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 pm 

I do enjoy this banter, and better yet, we get to wait on edge for 11 months to see how Tomlin will fuck up again come January. Lucky us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 pm 

I don't get this move. I guess Smith might be able to move a little better, but I don't consider him that much of an upgrade. They need much more help on the defensive side.
Redskins since the mid-90's have been like a more blinged-out version of the Browns.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:56 pm 

Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

So....the 4 division winners plus a team that just missed the playoffs. Way to go out on a limb ;)

I'm saying that the teams on the outside looking in aren't going to get much better this year, barring a Jacksonville spending spree extravaganza that actually works... unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm 

Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:24 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy

Jacksonville. By far.

They'll have Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt back in division, everyone will be up for their game each week, and Blake Bortles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.

At this point I need to see Pitt prove it can beat JAX. Fool me twice, ok, but not more.