It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 pm 

R S wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Rumor is Jacksonville is the front runner to land Kirk Cousins.

If they get Cousins and a playmaker or two on offense they have to be the favorite to win it all next year.

They also get Allen Robinson back at WR.

Major downgrade by the Skins in my opinion. I have to think Cousins had enough of Washington and didn't want to sign there no matter the price.

Agree, I don't understand the move by the Skins. They basically got the same QB but 4 years older with less potential.

I am guessing Washington is going to try and move up to get one of the young QB's at the top of the draft or the PSU RB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.

Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.

It's still unrealistic to assume they'll be competitive next year. And it's pretty likely that Hue Jackson is fired if things don't go well. Given Cousins' statements about wanting to go to a winner, I just don't see him taking the risk of going to a team like Cleveland.

I personally think that Denver or Buffalo would be much better options, but who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm 

Den or Buff are the most likely destinations and id wager its Den, since they have a track record of success, elway etc..just more built to win now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm 

Den has major problems on D.

They lost their MLB and Manimal DL. Now they're losing Talib. They've got some reloading to do. Cousins would be in the lower half of QBs in that division, maybe the 4th best.

I don't think Cousins is enough of an upgrade over Bortles for Jax to make that move, especially given how Bortles played in the playoffs-- which was pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Den has major problems on D.

They lost their MLB and Manimal DL. Now they're losing Talib. They've got some reloading to do. Cousins would be in the lower half of QBs in that division, maybe the 4th best.

I don't think Cousins is enough of an upgrade over Bortles for Jax to make that move, especially given how Bortles played in the playoffs-- which was pretty well.

You have gone and lost your mind B2B, Cousins is waaaay better than Bortles. Bortles vs Buff...ya wasnt pretty...Bortles vs NE was a decent 1st half, Fugley 2nd half...Bortles vs Tomlins version of the Steelers defense?? Lets just say Cousins would be licking his chops to face a Tomlin defense.

Let me also add, its not that i think Cousins is such a great franchise QB, its just that Bortles sucks that bad.

Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm 

Quote:
Paul Pabst

Verified account

@PaulPabst
2h2 hours ago
More
"We need Kirk...we'd like Kirk. Kirk could take us over the edge." - Von Miller on Kirk Cousins. Von said he has chatted with Cousins recently. @dpshow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm 

If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:04 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

Huh?

They may finish last in the division with him.

Why does everyone think Denver is such a good situation? No running game, a defense that got thrashed last year, a bunch of veteran cuts coming to sign Cousins, etc etc etc.

San Diego is better, KC is much better, and one would expect a nice turnaround from the Raiders with Chucky.

I don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next