It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6883
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

I don’t gamble, and don’t do avatars. But you can razz me about it if it doesn’t happen. :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1367
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else


Agree...Denver is on the decline. Aging WRs, holes on defense, an average O line, and zero running game. Cousins will struggle badly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1682
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else


So....the 4 division winners plus a team that just missed the playoffs. Way to go out on a limb ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4259
This is a strange day as I end up agreeing with B2B again. I don't think Cousins is all that.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am
Posts: 3010
Next Years AFC playoff seeding and records
1. Patriots (14-2)
2. Texans (12-4)
3. Ravens (11-5)
4. Chargers (10-6)
5. Steelers (11-5)
6. Jaguars (10-6)

Patriots maintain
Texans surge with their 2 best players back
Ravens back to normal after all their injuries
Chargers play to their potential more often
Steelers/Jags slide a little. Steelers lose twice to Ravens to lose tie breaker
Titans, Bills, Chiefs no bueno

_________________
#IDrinkandIKnowThings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1682
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Ravens back to normal after all their injuries

What makes you think they won't have injuries again next year? Here's how old some key starters will be on opening day next season:
- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

By contrast, only Villy, AB, Ben, and Mitchell will be 30 for the Steelers next year. Only Ben is over 31.

3/4 of their starting secondary is on the wrong side of 30. Their primary pass rusher is 36 with 2 blown achilles' in his past. Their top 3 pass catchers from last year are all over 30 (2 of whom are free agents), and they haven't developed a decent skill position player in years.

It's not so much that Baltimore has been snake bit by injuries, it's that they are way too reliant on older players (some, like Suggs and Woodhead have lengthy injury histories). Joe Flacco and Jimmy Smith's contracts are absolute albatrosses, and they haven't been able to sign/develop depth

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6883
Pabst wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Ravens back to normal after all their injuries

What makes you think they won't have injuries again next year? Here's how old some key starters will be on opening day next season:
- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

By contrast, only Villy, AB, Ben, and Mitchell will be 30 for the Steelers next year. Only Ben is over 31.

3/4 of their starting secondary is on the wrong side of 30. Their primary pass rusher is 36 with 2 blown achilles' in his past. Their top 3 pass catchers from last year are all over 30 (2 of whom are free agents), and they haven't developed a decent skill position player in years.

It's not so much that Baltimore has been snake bit by injuries, it's that they are way too reliant on older players (some, like Suggs and Woodhead have lengthy injury histories). Joe Flacco and Jimmy Smith's contracts are absolute albatrosses, and they haven't been able to sign/develop depth

Agree Pabst. Rats are what they are...not a good team.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6883
Pabst wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
Ravens back to normal after all their injuries

What makes you think they won't have injuries again next year? Here's how old some key starters will be on opening day next season:
- Joe Flacco 33
- Jeremy Maclin 30
- Marshall Yanda 34
- Danny Woodhead 33
- Jimmy Smith 30
- Ladarius Webb 32
- Brandon Carr 32
- Albert McClellan 32
- Terrell Suggs 36

By contrast, only Villy, AB, Ben, and Mitchell will be 30 for the Steelers next year. Only Ben is over 31.

3/4 of their starting secondary is on the wrong side of 30. Their primary pass rusher is 36 with 2 blown achilles' in his past. Their top 3 pass catchers from last year are all over 30 (2 of whom are free agents), and they haven't developed a decent skill position player in years.

It's not so much that Baltimore has been snake bit by injuries, it's that they are way too reliant on older players (some, like Suggs and Woodhead have lengthy injury histories). Joe Flacco and Jimmy Smith's contracts are absolute albatrosses, and they haven't been able to sign/develop depth

Agree Pabst. Rats are what they are...not a good team.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
I do enjoy this banter, and better yet, we get to wait on edge for 11 months to see how Tomlin will fuck up again come January. Lucky us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1384
I don't get this move. I guess Smith might be able to move a little better, but I don't consider him that much of an upgrade. They need much more help on the defensive side.
Redskins since the mid-90's have been like a more blinged-out version of the Browns.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else


Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else


So....the 4 division winners plus a team that just missed the playoffs. Way to go out on a limb ;)

I'm saying that the teams on the outside looking in aren't going to get much better this year, barring a Jacksonville spending spree extravaganza that actually works... unlikely.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9095
Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
GreekSteel wrote:
Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy

Jacksonville. By far.

They'll have Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt back in division, everyone will be up for their game each week, and Blake Bortles.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9670
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.


At this point I need to see Pitt prove it can beat JAX. Fool me twice, ok, but not more.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.


At this point I need to see Pitt prove it can beat JAX. Fool me twice, ok, but not more.

That's fair. We certainly figured out their defense, which is supposed to be the strength of their team. It will be an interesting matchup.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13520
My bad for some reason I thought re:Todd coached Smith in Kansashitty... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4452
I think the Chiefs have really set themselves up to be a good team next year. Mahomes is Key but he has a lot of talent and cheesesteak andy can develop qb’s.

Also, Washington gave them a young CB Fuller in the deal and he is supposedly pretty good- adding to KC’s already stacked secondary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
Suwanee88 wrote:
I think the Chiefs have really set themselves up to be a good team next year. Mahomes is Key but he has a lot of talent and cheesesteak andy can develop qb’s.

Also, Washington gave them a young CB Fuller in the deal and he is supposedly pretty good- adding to KC’s already stacked secondary.

and they get Eric Berry back

I think the Chiefs are going to be just fine. I'm interested to see: A. how much freedom will they allow Mahomes and B. what happens after he makes mistakes/fails?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.



Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.


You can be rest a-muthafuckingodamned-ssured, Haley WILL have that offense humming, no matter the QB. Though I do think they roll with what they got, and a rookie, and forego any high priced free agent. That said, Bradford on a one yr would make sense. Meanwhile in Pitt, Tomlin is scheming to make his WR screen a centerpiece in Fich's offense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.



Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.

I will say this: Cousins and Haley go together like bread & butter. That's a good mix. Josh Gordon stays healthy and they draft Saquon... they could be competitive.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4452
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
I think the Chiefs have really set themselves up to be a good team next year. Mahomes is Key but he has a lot of talent and cheesesteak andy can develop qb’s.

Also, Washington gave them a young CB Fuller in the deal and he is supposedly pretty good- adding to KC’s already stacked secondary.

and they get Eric Berry back

I think the Chiefs are going to be just fine. I'm interested to see: A. how much freedom will they allow Mahomes and B. what happens after he makes mistakes/fails?

Wow totally forgot about Berry, he is an amazing player and Key to beating NE.

If the Steelers stand pat this offseason, I think we are going to be in trouble. Without doing a thing, NE is going to improve by getting Edelman back. Jagoffs are an agressive group, I have a feeling they are going to make a move to improve. This is going to be an exciting offseason- hope it starts with an Eagles celebration, but be careful what you wish for I guess because Wentz would make them favorites to repeat.

Steelers have a lot of work to do, but I am not expecting much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11322
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I will say this: Cousins and Haley go together like bread & butter. That's a good mix. Josh Gordon stays healthy and they draft Saquon... they could be competitive.

Cousin's is about the most religious NFL player there is and you want to mix him with a cuckold watcher pervo like Haley?

Yeah, that'll go well.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], TB and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group