It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So much for Haley reuniting with Smith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

Putting PITT in front of JAX, hunh?

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:56 pm 

Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
If Cousins ends up in Denver, they become the favorite to win that division...and the top challenger to the Pats for the AFC crown.

Avatar bet? There's NFW Denver comes close to winning that division next year. I think they'll be last.

Next year's pecking order:
NE
PIT
KC
JAX
LAC
--------
everybody else

So....the 4 division winners plus a team that just missed the playoffs. Way to go out on a limb ;)

I'm saying that the teams on the outside looking in aren't going to get much better this year, barring a Jacksonville spending spree extravaganza that actually works... unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm 

Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:24 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Whose the likeliest of the division winners to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs..ill spare you the analysis..its our guy

Jacksonville. By far.

They'll have Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt back in division, everyone will be up for their game each week, and Blake Bortles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I am for now. I'd like to see Jax prove it, now that everyone will be gunning for them. I have a feeling they will take a small step back before they move forward.

At this point I need to see Pitt prove it can beat JAX. Fool me twice, ok, but not more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

At this point I need to see Pitt prove it can beat JAX. Fool me twice, ok, but not more.

That's fair. We certainly figured out their defense, which is supposed to be the strength of their team. It will be an interesting matchup.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm 

My bad for some reason I thought re:Todd coached Smith in Kansashitty... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm 

I think the Chiefs have really set themselves up to be a good team next year. Mahomes is Key but he has a lot of talent and cheesesteak andy can develop qb’s.

Also, Washington gave them a young CB Fuller in the deal and he is supposedly pretty good- adding to KC’s already stacked secondary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I think the Chiefs have really set themselves up to be a good team next year. Mahomes is Key but he has a lot of talent and cheesesteak andy can develop qb’s.

Also, Washington gave them a young CB Fuller in the deal and he is supposedly pretty good- adding to KC’s already stacked secondary.

and they get Eric Berry back

I think the Chiefs are going to be just fine. I'm interested to see: A. how much freedom will they allow Mahomes and B. what happens after he makes mistakes/fails?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.

Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.

You can be rest a-muthafuckingodamned-ssured, Haley WILL have that offense humming, no matter the QB. Though I do think they roll with what they got, and a rookie, and forego any high priced free agent. That said, Bradford on a one yr would make sense. Meanwhile in Pitt, Tomlin is scheming to make his WR screen a centerpiece in Fich's offense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Cousins ends up in Cleveland @ about $30 million a year. They can fix an awful lot this year with all of their money and draft picks.

Jets, Broncos, Redskins, Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, and Giants all have the salary cap space to sign him. I'd be floored if he chooses Cleveland.

Just a feeling Pabst...I think they have the ammunition to get better very quickly and some of the top free agents may start to acknowledge it.

I will say this: Cousins and Haley go together like bread & butter. That's a good mix. Josh Gordon stays healthy and they draft Saquon... they could be competitive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:33 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

and they get Eric Berry back

I think the Chiefs are going to be just fine. I'm interested to see: A. how much freedom will they allow Mahomes and B. what happens after he makes mistakes/fails?

Wow totally forgot about Berry, he is an amazing player and Key to beating NE.

If the Steelers stand pat this offseason, I think we are going to be in trouble. Without doing a thing, NE is going to improve by getting Edelman back. Jagoffs are an agressive group, I have a feeling they are going to make a move to improve. This is going to be an exciting offseason- hope it starts with an Eagles celebration, but be careful what you wish for I guess because Wentz would make them favorites to repeat.

Steelers have a lot of work to do, but I am not expecting much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I will say this: Cousins and Haley go together like bread & butter. That's a good mix. Josh Gordon stays healthy and they draft Saquon... they could be competitive.

Cousin's is about the most religious NFL player there is and you want to mix him with a cuckold watcher pervo like Haley?

Yeah, that'll go well.