It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Starkey nails it on Dud Dupree
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:15 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
86n96 wrote:
Worilds absolutely fucked this team when he retired. The fact that Colbert can't draft a pass rusher to save his life doesn't help, either. Unless I'm mistaken, in 17 years, Colbert has drafted exactly 2 serviceable starters at OLB: Haggans and Woodley. That's fucking horrible. I mean, I guess you could give him credit for bringing Debo in, but that was more Harrison's agent leveraging him onto the roster because Cowher wanted another client of his. IMO, Tomlin and Colbert should both be gone. The Superbowl equity has expired.

It's hard to blame Colbert for this. Colbert has put together the best offense in the league. He also nailed the Heyward and Shazier picks. Found guys like AB, V Will, and Jesse James in the bottom rounds. The problem is and always has been our inability to coach up players on the defensive side of the ball. Particularly at OLB and in the secondary.

Success do not count as you well know. They were pure luck. My guess is Tomlin and Colbert left the room when they drafted Shazier and Heyward.

</sarc>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Maybe Mike Tomlin is the WR whisperer. We keep changing WR coaches and OCs and keep drafting WR talent. Wallace Sanders AB Bryant JuJu is a pretty good run.

Richard Mann was a great QB coach and a great eye for talent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm 

jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Maybe Mike Tomlin is the WR whisperer. We keep changing WR coaches and OCs and keep drafting WR talent. Wallace Sanders AB Bryant JuJu is a pretty good run.

I completely agree... let's hope he continues to consult.

But he didn't join the Steelers until 2013. Somebody was picking great WRs before that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:41 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I completely agree... let's hope he continues to consult.

But he didn't join the Steelers until 2013. Somebody was picking great WRs before that.

They have some good scouts for WR. Just like they do for 3-4 DE. They know what they are looking for.

Pass rusher is hard because ever team wants it X4. A solid cover CB is another unicorn that all teams are hunting. I wonder if they should get away from their comfort zone of no trade and go for bulk. Build up a lot of picks then draft 4 pass rushers and see if any of them hit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 pm 

955876 wrote:
That was actually pretty funny Stinger.

Thanks 95 see even I can be funny.........sometimes (but dont get used to it :lol: )