It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Patriots and penalties. Show your friends this during SB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
The vast majority of Patriot players are black. 37 out of 53. is that too many white guys?

Kind of amazing, if true, because that would put the Pats right at league average. I guess it's the multiple white WRs-- the NFL has only 24 overall and I think the Pats have 4.

Incidentally, the Eagles are the whitest team in the NFL this year.

I think the whole white black thing is bullshit. It may have been said in this thread already but the Pats getting calls, I believe is more of a snowball effect. BB is highly respected and probably slightly feared by officiating. The more they win the more benefit of the doubt calls they get. Basically, these guys are in awww of the Pats lockstep organization.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I don’t know B2B. Speaking only for myself, I come up pretty much the opposite of what you describe. A crooked, win at all costs, rules be damned pirate organization. Sleaze oozing from the creep of an owner, to the slime ball coach, to the dumb as a sack of doorknobs QB...topped off by the club mouthpiece former player, shithead Bruschi. Nothing...nothing at all about that franchise shouts All American. Unless one considers Al Capone an All American boy...

Think about it the way the extremely white overwhelmingly conservative NFL ownership sees it. The Patriots have to be their idealized version of an NFL team. They are the most refined, under control of coaches, clean cut... whether we think that way or not, it's easy to imagine that the league as a whole puts them on a pedestal.

Per usual, B2B is way off base.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I don’t know B2B. Speaking only for myself, I come up pretty much the opposite of what you describe. A crooked, win at all costs, rules be damned pirate organization. Sleaze oozing from the creep of an owner, to the slime ball coach, to the dumb as a sack of doorknobs QB...topped off by the club mouthpiece former player, shithead Bruschi. Nothing...nothing at all about that franchise shouts All American. Unless one considers Al Capone an All American boy...

Think about it the way the extremely white overwhelmingly conservative NFL ownership sees it. The Patriots have to be their idealized version of an NFL team. They are the most refined, under control of coaches, clean cut... whether we think that way or not, it's easy to imagine that the league as a whole puts them on a pedestal.

Per usual, B2B is way off base.

fall in line with the times Swiss. White Men are evil. Always looking to screw everyone else. Don't you read the huff post?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 am 

I've watched a game with B2B. I'll be the first to admit, he sees shit I don't see in-game. He's a good, analytical football mind.

Outside the game though...he cooks up some bullshit. Sort of StillMill's opposite. Whereas Mill, once he thought a player or coach sucked, nothing that guy could do to change his mind....B2B's take the opposite tack, forever supporting Tomlin...to the point of ridiculousness, like maintaining he outcoached Belichick in the Steelers loss in December.

And now...injecting this racial horseshit. B2B....C'mon Man!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 pm 

they already let it slip BRady is getting this years MVP

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-mvp- ... 03725.html

im sure everything else is just window dressing tomorrow on the game and the outcome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

I think it's disingenuous to ignore race. The 32 owners are overwhelmingly conservative. And it's not like it's news that most of conservative america has a problem with #blacklivesmatter, or the representation/ equality of minorities. It's been stated on this site by conservative members multiple times that racism doesn't exist, it's a tool for advancement, identity politics, the country was founded by whites, they are fearful that "white" and white culture will become a minority. etc etc. It's not simply a matter of labeling whites as evil. That's not the point. At all. But you'd be lying to yourself if you think racism doesn't exist. Just look at the Texas Board of Ed in the last five years that wants to identify slaves from Africa as "immigrant workers" and remove any mention of institutional racism altogether in current history books for children.