It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Patriots and penalties. Show your friends this during SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 am 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/ ... lties-edge

Post subject: Re: Patriots and penalties. Show your friends this during SB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2018/1/29/16943670/new-england-patriots-penalties-edge

In order to do that you'd have to actually watch the game. I've got better things to do on Sunday...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 am 

The fact that this has now garnered many people compiling the factual stats about this further reinforces the FACTS!!!

THE FIX IS IN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm 

on the very same website :

The Non-Conspiratorial Explanation for New England’s Lack of Penalties

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/2/1/ ... ties-study

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:41 pm 

Some people in the Pacific Northwest believe that the fix was in during Super Bowl XL. But they’re all a bunch of wack-a-doodles...right???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
on the very same website :

The Non-Conspiratorial Explanation for New England’s Lack of Penalties

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/2/1/ ... ties-study

Except we see plays again and again when the Pats could be called for penalties but simply aren’t. Do we really believe other teams don’t obsess over penalties? I see the penalties. You see the penalties. The refs miss the penalties.

The ringer article actually understated the case against the Pats.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 pm 

I lost interest in the article when the writer ascribed Belichick's procurement of smart players who don't commit many penalties. We all saw Chris Hogan throw a crack back block against the Titans. I paused it so I could see if officials just missed it. Guess what, the official looked directly at the play with a clear line of sight. I contend that the Pats are no more disciplined than any other team, they make all of the same mistakes other teams make. The officials are not objective in their work. They notoriously call penalties against the "other" team at the most critical moments - 3rd & long, after big plays, after TD's. Anyone who studies statistics and probability will tell you there is something wrong with how Pats games are officiated. It happens too often.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm 

The opposing view is that the Pats and ernie and billy look at officiating tendencies and coach accordingly. And that they are obviously more disciplined than most teams. Makes sense. More or less. Kinda.

But I've always had the contention that the NFL is made up of 32 owners that jockey and vie for wins, losses, playoff games, and possible championships. It's a club that none of us really knows much about or what their motivations are other than making bucket loads of money and looking good in their respective communities. Some owners are perfectly happy to make their money, but not win games or championships immediately. Therefore, their voice is less important than say, Kraft. Then there is the CBA, and a myriad of other conflicts, alliances, or back room deals among the owners none of us have a fucking clue about. Does anybody here actually think Wall Street is on the up and up? Hedge fund managers or financial planners/managers aren't looking to game the system? No business is immune to corruption or malfeasance. Especially ones worth billions of dollars.

The players, coaches, and fans? Mushroom theory of management. Keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit. As long as they are paid, and don't make waves. All good. This is another reason why they don't like the anthem thing. But officiating? The public is too stupid not to swallow what the NFL offers, especially when they wrap it up in mental gymnastics and doublespeak. The few that highlight injustice will simply be labeled as miscreants and whiners that didn't get to the playoffs or the super bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
The opposing view is that the Pats and ernie and billy look at officiating tendencies and coach accordingly. And that they are obviously more disciplined than most teams. Makes sense. More or less. Kinda.

But I've always had the contention that the NFL is made up of 32 owners that jockey and vie for wins, losses, playoff games, and possible championships. It's a club that none of us really knows much about or what their motivations are other than making bucket loads of money and looking good in their respective communities. Some owners are perfectly happy to make their money, but not win games or championships immediately. Therefore, their voice is less important than say, Kraft. Then there is the CBA, and a myriad of other conflicts, alliances, or back room deals among the owners none of us have a fucking clue about. Does anybody here actually think Wall Street is on the up and up? Hedge fund managers or financial planners/managers aren't looking to game the system? No business is immune to corruption or malfeasance. Especially ones worth billions of dollars.

The players, coaches, and fans? Mushroom theory of management. Keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit. As long as they are paid, and don't make waves. All good. This is another reason why they don't like the anthem thing. But officiating? The public is too stupid not to swallow what the NFL offers, especially when they wrap it up in mental gymnastics and doublespeak. The few that highlight injustice will simply be labeled as miscreants and whiners that didn't get to the playoffs or the super bowl.

At some point in the past 20 years running an NFL team became less of a technical challenge (drafting, schemes, blocking, tackling) and more of a management challenge. Take ultra talented people like BB/Adams, give them total control and 15 years of continuity and your going to out manage all the teams with lesser coaching, clarity of control and longevity. Good management makes technical tasks shorthand because everyone is on the same page (Ex. acquiring the the right type of player) which frees people to add additional value (Ex. analyzing refs and how different refs call different penalties). So while some organizations are spending their time hiring coaches, developing schemes, arguing over which type of OLB they need for their new schemes, the Pats are working on ways to reduce fumble rates and how to play coverage depending on the ref in question.

It's like competing with Bezos. It's extremely impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 pm 

if continuity counted for so much Tomlin wouldnt keep getting punked in the playoffs. BB has a system in place for a long time now sure but along with that hes a rink rat, a football junkie, cares only about winning, no drama that takes away from whats most important, winning football games. His players all refelect that as well, i mean Gronk likes to have a good time but at no time does he let that get in the way of winning, in fact most of his stupid shit happens AFTER they win, go figure!! Hes not literally creating drama for his team like our dumbass does.