It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison with pressure off the edge.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am 

Listed to alot of local analysis yesterday...with the repeated line of how thoroughly the Patriots defense sucked, that they were "garbage," "trash," etc.

Of course, much of this focused on the absence of Malcolm Butler. Stephon Gilmore was touted as best player on Patriots defense....and the only guy mentioned as playing anything close to well, the #2 best performance on the Patriots D....was James Harrison.

Personally, still pissed at Tomlin that we had to be in the position of rooting against this guy....seeing him in a mother-fuckin' Patriots uniform. I wouldn't doubt at all that he's back there next season, for the entirety.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Listed to alot of local analysis yesterday...with the repeated line of how thoroughly the Patriots defense sucked, that they were "garbage," "trash," etc.

Of course, much of this focused on the absence of Malcolm Butler. Stephon Gilmore was touted as best player on Patriots defense....and the only guy mentioned as playing anything close to well, the #2 best performance on the Patriots D....was James Harrison.

Personally, still pissed at Tomlin that we had to be in the position of rooting against this guy....seeing him in a mother-fuckin' Patriots uniform. I wouldn't doubt at all that he's back there next season, for the entirety.

Gilmore played light years better than Harrison that game, and so that’s damning with faint praise.

Gilmore neutralized Alshon Jeffrey...he actually made a (slight) difference.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Gilmore played light years better than Harrison that game, and so that’s damning with faint praise.

Gilmore neutralized Alshon Jeffrey...he actually made a (slight) difference.

Of course he did...just pointing out, in the analysis of the New England media, Harrison was the lone other guy on the defense who was identified as not having sucked. Don't think it was damning....just them pointing out that in their pejoratives describing every other guy on that defensive unit, Harrison was identified as an exception to the general criticism.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 am 

Bingo.

Harrison was the one guy who provided pressure and on a few occasions, actually fucking hit Nick Foles.

I can't think of one other Pats front 7 player I can say that about.

Harrison wasn't a one man wrecking machine, but unlike 90% of his teammates, he showed up and didn't fucking embarrass himself.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:58 am 

Will we be starting a new thread to whine about James Harrison in the 2017-18 season, or will this one be resurrected?

Seriously, let it go. Really enjoyed watching the guy play for us, but it's over now. 20-plus pages. Christ.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:22 am 

Ice....all due respect....easy answer for those that think a thread has gone on too long...DON'T READ IT!!

Sorry...always bugs me when there's calls to lock a thread, delete a thread,etc. We have a choice as readers....exercise it!

Anyway...here's the point of interest, IMO, for us as Steeler fans, related to this.

It's a further indictment of The Dumbfuck Mike Tomlin.

Let's assume, for sake of argument, that Harrison was of little value on the field to the Steelers. It remains the case that Tomlin let this guy walk, to the team that he himself (Tomlin) publicly anointed as the primary obstacle to the Steelers Super Bowl appearance....and the guy he let walk represented an improvement to that opponent's defensive resources.

Think about that. Tomlin allowed the Patriots to get better on the eve of the playoffs. That's un-fuckin'-forgivable, in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am 

So, it's getting dragged out ad nauseam to support one of the local agendas. Check.

I mean, really, they set a record for total offense in that game. All time, single NFL game, ever.

Other than the pair of Eagles that combined to force the fumble on Brady, not sure any defensive player has much to talk about. Honestly, it was the only defensive play of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:13 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Ice....all due respect....easy answer for those that think a thread has gone on too long...DON'T READ IT!!

Sorry...always bugs me when there's calls to lock a thread, delete a thread,etc. We have a choice as readers....exercise it!

Anyway...here's the point of interest, IMO, for us as Steeler fans, related to this.

Let's assume, for sake of argument, that Harrison was of little value on the field to the Steelers. It remains the case that Tomlin let this guy walk, to the team that he himself (Tomlin) publicly anointed as the primary obstacle to the Steelers Super Bowl appearance....and the guy he let walk represented an improvement to that opponent's defensive resources.

Think about that. Tomlin allowed the Patriots to get better on the eve of the playoffs. That's un-fuckin'-forgivable, in my book.

The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

Neither was his playoff performance in general....there is nothing he put on tape these last few games that shows he would have flipped the needle for a struggling Steelers’ defense, and I believe the Patriots are in the Super Bowl even had they not picked him up.

He made one nice play (for which he didn’t even get credit for the sack).

That’s it. Everything else was just a little less ho hum than anything our defensive guys did.

He had a great career with us. I was sorry to see him go. I’m sure Tomlin mishandled this situation...but so did James.

But he’s at the end of his career, and it shows.

And I want Tomlin gone too...I think he’s stale with no hope of recovering his “freshness”.

But the agenda is getting ridiculous.

Hell...we have a thread about Shazier walking which is awesome news, and people here turned THAT into a Tomlin-bashing thread.

Enough already.

We hate Tomlin. We think he won’t get us to a Super Bowl.

We GET IT already.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

Neither was his playoff performance in general....there is nothing he put on tape these last few games that shows he would have flipped the needle for a struggling Steelers’ defense, and I believe the Patriots are in the Super Bowl even had they not picked him up.

That’s it. Everything else was just a little less ho hum than anything our defensive guys did.

He had a great career with us. I was sorry to see him go. I’m sure Tomlin mishandled this situation...but so did James.

And I want Tomlin gone too...I think he’s stale with no hope of recovering his “freshness”.

Hell...we have a thread about Shazier walking which is awesome news, and people here turned THAT into a Tomlin-bashing thread.

Enough already.

We GET IT already.

No Jeemie the point is and always was that some posters on here indicated at the time of The King's release that he was done, finished, had nothing left. If am not mistaken you were probably one of these "sagacious" people.

Other more erudite individuals, like me (and many others), said it was mistake, a bad mistake, for several reasons not the least of which was in a defined role he still had something to offer. Well it is not debatable, irrefutable that he could provide value to an NFL team. In fact playing for a team playing after we were eliminated, a team who beat the team that beat the Steelers, a team playing for the SB. That is PROOF. They are better than us and he is good enough to play for them, but not us??

However the haters on here, and there are many, are so arrogant, so stubborn, so obtuse that they simply can't say yeah I guess I WAS WRONG he did have something left in the tank. Nope gotta continue to frankly embarrass themselves by false equalizing, deflecting, straw manning etc etc etc.

KC was a little hyperbolic, which I frankly enjoy :lol: but #92 was playing, doing a reasonable job thats the facts

Jeemie that's the point

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Enough already.

We GET IT already.

*hugs*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next