It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison with pressure off the edge.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am 

KC wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Holy fucking Christ. 2 tackles & a couple of pressures & you've managed 20 pages.

You were born to Troll.

But he was fuckin' awesome last night.

He limited Foles to 373 yards passing and 3 TDs, and the Eagles only got 164 yards rushing.

Because of Deebo's Hall of Fame performance.

So you’re saying Harrison played against the Pats the same way Dupree and Watt played against the Jags?

DAMN MAN, THAT’S COLD!!

Oh well, at least Harrison helped beat the Jags, huh?

I guess if you count him being on the field as help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Listed to alot of local analysis yesterday...with the repeated line of how thoroughly the Patriots defense sucked, that they were "garbage," "trash," etc.

Of course, much of this focused on the absence of Malcolm Butler. Stephon Gilmore was touted as best player on Patriots defense....and the only guy mentioned as playing anything close to well, the #2 best performance on the Patriots D....was James Harrison.

Personally, still pissed at Tomlin that we had to be in the position of rooting against this guy....seeing him in a mother-fuckin' Patriots uniform. I wouldn't doubt at all that he's back there next season, for the entirety.

Gilmore played light years better than Harrison that game, and so that’s damning with faint praise.

Gilmore neutralized Alshon Jeffrey...he actually made a (slight) difference.

Of course he did...just pointing out, in the analysis of the New England media, Harrison was the lone other guy on the defense who was identified as not having sucked. Don't think it was damning....just them pointing out that in their pejoratives describing every other guy on that defensive unit, Harrison was identified as an exception to the general criticism.

Yeah it's hard to say he sucked when he had one pressure all game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am 

KC wrote:
Bingo.

Harrison was the one guy who provided pressure and on a few occasions, actually fucking hit Nick Foles.

I can't think of one other Pats front 7 player I can say that about.

Harrison wasn't a one man wrecking machine, but unlike 90% of his teammates, he showed up and didn't fucking embarrass himself.

One he fell at Foles feet while he was throwing a strike. Maybe he tied Foles shoe.

The other was the really only pressure he generated. To say he was pedestrian would be a good analysis.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Ice....all due respect....easy answer for those that think a thread has gone on too long...DON'T READ IT!!

Sorry...always bugs me when there's calls to lock a thread, delete a thread,etc. We have a choice as readers....exercise it!

Anyway...here's the point of interest, IMO, for us as Steeler fans, related to this.

It's a further indictment of The Dumbfuck Mike Tomlin.

Let's assume, for sake of argument, that Harrison was of little value on the field to the Steelers. It remains the case that Tomlin let this guy walk, to the team that he himself (Tomlin) publicly anointed as the primary obstacle to the Steelers Super Bowl appearance....and the guy he let walk represented an improvement to that opponent's defensive resources.

Think about that. Tomlin allowed the Patriots to get better on the eve of the playoffs. That's un-fuckin'-forgivable, in my book.

The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

Neither was his playoff performance in general....there is nothing he put on tape these last few games that shows he would have flipped the needle for a struggling Steelers’ defense, and I believe the Patriots are in the Super Bowl even had they not picked him up.

He made one nice play (for which he didn’t even get credit for the sack).

That’s it. Everything else was just a little less ho hum than anything our defensive guys did.

He had a great career with us. I was sorry to see him go. I’m sure Tomlin mishandled this situation...but so did James.

But he’s at the end of his career, and it shows.

And I want Tomlin gone too...I think he’s stale with no hope of recovering his “freshness”.

But the agenda is getting ridiculous.

Hell...we have a thread about Shazier walking which is awesome news, and people here turned THAT into a Tomlin-bashing thread.

Enough already.

We hate Tomlin. We think he won’t get us to a Super Bowl.

We GET IT already.

The sole point, IMO, is that The Dumbfuck Mike Tomlin made a decision, an unnecessary one, that improved the defense of the team that HE had identified as the major obstacle to a Super Bowl trip for his own team. It was way fuckin' stupid, was something that Tomlin should have anticipated, and he should have exercised other options....like telling the player to stay the fuck home.

As far as his performance on Sunday, and in the other playoff games, I'm just telling you the commentary from the New England media.....that being that their defense fuckin' sucked on Sunday, the lone exceptions being a good performance by Stephon Gilmore, and a passable performance by James Harrison....but that everyone else was terrible. Do with that assessment what you will.

Fact remains, that Tomlin making a decision, on the eve of the playoffs, that improved the Patriots defense, is inexcusable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:38 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Fact remains, that Tomlin making a decision, on the eve of the playoffs, that improved the Patriots defense, is inexcusable.

I agree it was stupid to let him go at that point, was stupid but that's Tomlin.

Pat's had a need but any OLB would have improved their defense. Hell they could have gotten Dupree and it would have improved their defense.

Harrison was pedestrian at best and Dupree could have been pedestrian just the same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 am 

And can he even take any satisfaction in playing in the SB and losing?

He can't even say he was part of the "journey" and contributed throughout the year, regardless.

Nope. He can't say that either.

Poor jimmy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 am 

Harrison is a shell of his former self. There is no doubt about that. I also don't think he contributed very much to the Pats D.

However, he was a resource for us. At a time when the Jags BULLIED our D and when Dupree was nothing more than a speed bump, Harrison could have given us some useful plays.

I think we were slightly weakened and the Pats were very slightly helped by the Harrison release. That in and of itself means it was a mistake by Tomlin UNLESS your argument is that Harrison was such a cancer in the locker room that we would have fallen apart if he remained. I see no evidence of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 pm 

Do the Steelers make the Super Bowl with James Harrison?
Do the Pats not make the Super Bowl without James Harrison?
Locker room cancer...who’s to say? But it’s notable that none of his Steelers teammates seemed sorry to see him go...
If you ask me, 20+ pages of much todo about nothing...unless you’re one of those grown ass men that’s in to professional athlete hero worship.
Carry on... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 pm 

Here are some key facts for this 22 page slugfest..

1.James was a great Steeler .. will always love him for that
2. James is no longer a Steeler.
3. James now works for the Enemy.
4. James will be cut and retire later this month..

So how bout we end it there...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

No twatwaffle.

Actually what I said was that Harrison was better than the 2 guys we trotted out there at the end of the season. TJ Watt could end up being great, but he was DONE by the time we faced Jacksonville for the second time. Rooke wall. His face. This isn't hard.

Then you have Dupree. Nothing else need be added.

Harrison made plays vs the Jags nobody on our roster made. IN 2 GAMES. :lol: AGAINST JACKSONVILLE.

Was Harrison great vs the Eagles? Nope but along with Gilmore, he was the only other Pats player who actually acquitted himself well.

He actually showed up.

Got pressure and hits on Foles. Not sure anybody else did.

I know you're biased and I detest Harrison for leaving, but even Pats fans who right now are very, very down on their defense have praised what Harrison brought to the table in the Super Bowl.

Pretty easy, really. Harrison, ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT, could have helped the Steelers situationally, if not more (due to how TERRIBLE both Watt and Dupree played late in the season).

I'll bet you are.

Last edited by KC on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next