It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison with pressure off the edge.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:03 pm 

the thing is...we will never know if he wouldve been given a chance to do for us against jacksonville in the playoffs what he did for the pats. I don't fault James for feeling like if he wasnt used in pats game, the biggest of yr to that point, that they wouldnt use him in playoffs. i also dont know if that was true. they may have kept him on bench or they may have used him like they did extremely rarely earlier in season as part of their overall plan for him. if they played him, maybe we wouldve got the vs chiefs harrison or maybe we wouldve got the vs ravens one. given the situation that it was the playoffs and seeing the effort he gave for pats at least, i believe we wouldve got the vs chiefs version and more's the pity. tomlin butler porter and harrison fucked it up for us, so now we will never know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:05 pm 

KC wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

No twatwaffle.

Actually what I said was that Harrison was better than the 2 guys we trotted out there at the end of the season. TJ Watt could end up being great, but he was DONE by the time we faced Jacksonville for the second time. Rooke wall. His face. This isn't hard.

Then you have Dupree. Nothing else need be added.

Harrison made plays vs the Jags nobody on our roster made. IN 2 GAMES. :lol:

Was Harrison great vs the Eagles? Nope but along with Gilmore, he was the only other Pats player who actually acquitted himself well.

He actually showed up.

Got pressure and hits on Foles. Not sure anybody else did.

I know you're biased and I detest Harrison for leaving, but even Pats fans who right now are very, very down on their defense have praised what Harrison brought to the table in the Super Bowl.

Pretty easy, really. Harrison, ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT, could have helped the Steelers situationally, if not more (due to how TERRIBLE both Watt and Dupree played late in the season).

I get all the animosity to KC as he's not very polite & it goes back to the old site when he was much less so. Regardless, I can't see anyone arguing against the post above. If Tomlin was the great locker room HC (which we now know is untrue), he would have balanced the team's needs with the King's & Harrison would have been able to come in when we needed him in our lone playoff game. Unlike a team like the cheatriots that dumps players for maximum value for the team, the Pittsburgh Steelers were supposed to be a family & James Harrison, their elder statesman, wasn't treated well & responded accordingly. I would expect no less from a man with as much pride as him. I'm glad that we didn't have to see him barrelling in & knocking Ben down if only once & even with Harrison's age-diminished skills, he would have done that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm 

KC wrote:
Pretty easy, really. Harrison, ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT, could have helped the Steelers situationally, if not more (due to how TERRIBLE both Watt and Dupree played late in the season).

I am confused on how James could have done this and still have had time to betray the team, foment discord, set the organization back twenty years and curse the 'Burg for eternity... and put out all those intimidating workout videos.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm 

blu wrote:
KC wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
The point is, Swiss, is that KC blew up Harrison’s game on Sunday into some type of Hall of Fame performance and it was not.

No twatwaffle.

Actually what I said was that Harrison was better than the 2 guys we trotted out there at the end of the season. TJ Watt could end up being great, but he was DONE by the time we faced Jacksonville for the second time. Rooke wall. His face. This isn't hard.

Then you have Dupree. Nothing else need be added.

Harrison made plays vs the Jags nobody on our roster made. IN 2 GAMES. :lol:

Was Harrison great vs the Eagles? Nope but along with Gilmore, he was the only other Pats player who actually acquitted himself well.

He actually showed up.

Got pressure and hits on Foles. Not sure anybody else did.

I know you're biased and I detest Harrison for leaving, but even Pats fans who right now are very, very down on their defense have praised what Harrison brought to the table in the Super Bowl.

I get all the animosity to KC as he's not very polite & it goes back to the old site when he was much less so. Regardless, I can't see anyone arguing against the post above. If Tomlin was the great locker room HC (which we now know is untrue), he would have balanced the team's needs with the King's & Harrison would have been able to come in when we needed him in our lone playoff game. Unlike a team like the cheatriots that dumps players for maximum value for the team, the Pittsburgh Steelers were supposed to be a family & James Harrison, their elder statesman, wasn't treated well & responded accordingly. I would expect no less from a man with as much pride as him. I'm glad that we didn't have to see him barrelling in & knocking Ben down if only once & even with Harrison's age-diminished skills, he would have done that.

THIS^^^^^^
10000% CORRECT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:22 pm 

It occurs to me that Tomlin probably didn't just up and cut Harrison, he probably ran it past Colbert and Rooney, so it's probably not just Tomlin to be angry at but the three of them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
It occurs to me that Tomlin probably didn't just up and cut Harrison, he probably ran it past Colbert and Rooney, so it's probably not just Tomlin to be angry at but the three of them.

That's fine. I've been pissed, with no interruption, at The Douchebag Art II ever since he gave away Santonio Holmes for a bucket of mud. Colbert? Okay...I'll be pissed at him, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

That's fine. I've been pissed, with no interruption, at The Douchebag Art II ever since he gave away Santonio Holmes for a bucket of mud. Colbert? Okay...I'll be pissed at him, too.

I remember you had a list of grievances against Art II, and I agree with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm 

Who fucking cares, anymore.

Harrison wouldn't have put the Steelers over the top in the Divisional. He made zero difference in the Patriots run. Be mad at Tomlin or Colbert or Rooney for an utterly inconsequential move all you want. It's irrelevant and so was James Harrison.

This is literally bitching just to bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:

Harrison wouldn't have put the Steelers over the top in the Divisional. He made zero difference in the Patriots run. Be mad at Tomlin or Colbert or Rooney for an utterly inconsequential move all you want. It's irrelevant and so was James Harrison.

You continue to miss the point.

The bitching, at least mine, doesn't stem from any sense that Harrison would have been helpful to the Steelers....rather, that he WAS helpful to the Patriots. He improved a very weak front 7. Tomlin made a move to strengthen his top adversary. What a dumbfuck!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

You continue to miss the point.

The bitching, at least mine, doesn't stem from any sense that Harrison would have been helpful to the Steelers....rather, that he WAS helpful to the Patriots. He improved a very weak front 7. Tomlin made a move to strengthen his top adversary. What a dumbfuck!!

I'm with you 100%, Swiss. Have been from the day he was cut. If Tomlin was going to cut him, he should have shelved him, instead.

But, the bottom line is that Harrison wasn't very good and was mostly irrelevant. I'm not defending Tomlin, but I doubt he had any fears of where Harrison would land and it turns out he was right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next