It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Jesse James Catch vs Ertz Catch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 2948
The NFL owes Outlaw and the Steelers a formal apology.

James had more control of the ball than Ertz did throughout the catch. It was a very similar play.
Good call on Ertz. Bad call on James. A Pats loss is the next best thing to Steelers Victory. Good job IGGLES!


Last edited by Stallworth16 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22642
Ertz took three steps.

James didn’t.

They haven’t counted what James did as a football move since the rule was changed.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3636
:lol: No.

Ertz took three steps before he was even contacted, then lunged and crossed the plane. James took 0 steps, was falling as he caught it. Not that hard to see the clear difference.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9222
Jeemie wrote:
Ertz took three steps.

James didn’t.

They haven’t counted what James did as a football move since the rule was changed.


Yeah, this thread is beyond absurd.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James Catch was a TD as was Ertz Catch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 966
Stallworth16 wrote:
The NFL owes Outlaw and the Steelers a formal apology.

James had more control of the ball than Ertz did throughout the catch. It was a very similar play.
Good call on Ertz. Bad call on James. A Pats loss is the next best thing to Steelers Victory. Good job IGGLES!

Not even close. James never established as a runner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2073
TB wrote:
:lol: No.

Ertz took three steps before he was even contacted, then lunged and crossed the plane. James took 0 steps, was falling as he caught it. Not that hard to see the clear difference.


I do agree the Ertz call was easy. If they overturned that, then well that's absurd.

But James went to a knee and made a COD move. By letter of rule, it was a catch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2281
Jeemie wrote:
Ertz took three steps.

James didn’t.

They haven’t counted what James did as a football move since the rule was changed.


This.

Just because Michaels and Collinsworth are fucking morons and don't know the rule doesn't mean Jesse's drop is suddenly a catch.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James Catch was a TD as was Ertz Catch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm
Posts: 506
You guys seem to have all the answers when it comes to this.

You should apply with the NFL offices tomorrow morning, they could use some brainiacs.

Those two plays are incredibly similar, James even brought the ball into his chest before he extended.

_________________
Doesn’t matter if it moves at all, show me where it hits the ground.

FUCK THE NFL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James was more of a TD than Ertz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2281
Zeke5123 wrote:
TB wrote:
:lol: No.

Ertz took three steps before he was even contacted, then lunged and crossed the plane. James took 0 steps, was falling as he caught it. Not that hard to see the clear difference.


I do agree the Ertz call was easy. If they overturned that, then well that's absurd.

But James went to a knee and made a COD move. By letter of rule, it was a catch.


No. It wasn't.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James Catch was a TD as was Ertz Catch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10230
maybe that play in super bowl will make nfl fix the fucking rule...most likely not


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group