It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James Catch vs Ertz Catch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 pm 

It's not clear from the video at all. You have to be Superman with x-ray vision to see through James forearm. I'm not. The very fact we are having this discussion...two reasonable posters...is proof that there was not indisputable evidence.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 pm 

franco32 wrote:
It's not clear from the video at all. You have to be Superman with x-ray vision to see through James forearm. I'm not. The very fact we are having this discussion...two reasonable posters...is proof that there was not indisputable evidence.

One of the reasonable posters is looking at the evidence with homer glasses on... 8-)

https://goo.gl/images/EWYKAy

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 pm 

franco32 wrote:
If you don't think that is a good standard, then take it up with the NFL.

Actually, in reality... YOU need to take it up with the NFL as they ruled it incomplete which anyone with vision and a non-bias opinion would agree with.

The ball touched the ground bro get over it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:13 am 

They need to simplify the rule.

Once the ball breaks the goal line it’s a touchdown PERIOD. That’s a runner or a receiver. It’s instantaneous. Example- James scores in that scenario. So does the Eagles player. It’s seems like a simple solution unless I am missing something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Once the ball breaks the goal line it’s a touchdown PERIOD. That’s a runner or a receiver. It’s instantaneous. Example- James scores in that scenario. So does the Eagles player. It’s seems like a simple solution unless I am missing something.

That...AND....two feet in, ball never hits ground, it's a catch. No more of this bullshit of whether ball moves a millimeter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 am 

Jeemie wrote:
One of the reasonable posters is looking at the evidence with homer glasses on... 8-)

Agreed.

But it was such a heart-breaking play.

28 seconds left.

The money was paid, the groceries were bagged, and we were headed out the door with the kids to the minivan.

And then the security alarm went off.

Another frustrating aspect for me is that his elbow looks to be down at the goal line with the ball at or over the line and he still had control at that point.

Gah! What a shitty end to the season not to have another crack at those bastards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:26 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

That...AND....two feet in, ball never hits ground, it's a catch. No more of this bullshit of whether ball moves a millimeter.

We don’t go to Super Bowl XXX if the current rule is in force, as Ernie Mills dropped the ball when he fell OOB at the one.

Somehow the NFL survived for decades without this rule, and yet everyone knew what a catch was.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Last edited by Jeemie on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:29 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

We don’t go to Super Bowl XXX if the current rule is in force, as Ernie Mills dropped the fall when he fell OOB at the one.

Somehow the NFL survived for decades without this rule, and yet everyone knew what a catch was.

That's true!! Or if replay was in to see Kordell Stewart go OOB, come back in to catch a TD pass.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:32 am 

Jeemie wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Um, that picture shows an instant in time when he has two hands on the football. The ball is allowed to touch the ground if he is holding it. There is nothing conclusive about it. You need video or frame by frame in order to assess whether it was a catch.

Besides, I didn't know the NFL replay officials were allowed to consult with endzone photographers to try to establish the indisputable nature of a call. Now you are reaching to 3rd party evidence to try to support the NFL's review. You might as well stop the game completely at that point and seize all sideline cameras for additional possible evidence. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 am 

franco32 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Um, that picture shows an instant in time when he has two hands on the football. The ball is allowed to touch the ground if he is holding it. There is nothing conclusive about it. You need video or frame by frame in order to assess whether it was a catch.

Besides, I didn't know the NFL replay officials were allowed to consult with endzone photographers to try to establish the indisputable nature of a call. Now you are reaching to 3rd party evidence to try to support the NFL's review. You might as well stop the game completely at that point and seize all sideline cameras for additional possible evidence. :D

If you think he’s “holding the ball” there, you are using your homer glasses that show he has the longest pinky and ring fingers in existence.

And the refs had that angle. They could see it hit the ground, and they could see the ball move when it hit the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next