It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 906
Seriously though. Who cares if they have 5 or 6 or 7 trophies. Yah I enjoy seeing them lose....but what's the satisfaction? Schoolground "nah nah we won more championships than you since the 1966 season". So what?

Did you feel like lesser men when cowboys and 9ers eclipsed steelers 4?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7608
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Try 10 Super Bowls overall, not 9.

Belichick has been to 8 and Raymond Berry went to 1, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:36 pm
Posts: 155
Yes.

_________________
Man, come on, I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7608
Miter Saw wrote:
Seriously though. Who cares if they have 5 or 6 or 7 trophies. Yah I enjoy seeing them lose....but what's the satisfaction? Schoolground "nah nah we won more championships than you since the 1966 season". So what?

Did you feel like lesser men when cowboys and 9ers eclipsed steelers 4?

Because it's a way to keep score. I want the Steelers to be seen as the greatest franchise in the league. How else would you measure that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
Their losses are to the gints X2, iggles tonight and to Da Bears in 85 and again to the pack in 97...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7608
Steelafan77 wrote:
Their losses are to the gints X2, iggles tonight and to Da Bears in 85 and again to the pack in 97...

Oh, I forgot about the Parcells one. So overall they're 5-5.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
Poltargyst wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Seriously though. Who cares if they have 5 or 6 or 7 trophies. Yah I enjoy seeing them lose....but what's the satisfaction? Schoolground "nah nah we won more championships than you since the 1966 season". So what?

Did you feel like lesser men when cowboys and 9ers eclipsed steelers 4?

Because it's a way to keep score. I want the Steelers to be seen as the greatest franchise in the league. How else would you measure that?

By going to the Super Bowl 10 times versus 8? and by losing 5 times instead of twice? I don't understand the angst you folks have. Let people be happy for what makes them happy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 3977
I care. Why play them game if you aren't measured by your ultimate successes. Those 6 SBs were damn tough to win. We have a lot to be proud of as Steeler fans...despite our moronic coach at the present.

There is no way that I want that piece of shit organization up in Boston to have as many SBs as us. No way.

This was very very sweet tonight...losing to a backup QB no less :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Poltargyst wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Their losses are to the gints X2, iggles tonight and to Da Bears in 85 and again to the pack in 97...

Oh, I forgot about the Parcells one. So overall they're 5-5.

6-2 > 5-5***

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Steelafan77 wrote:
It's very close but I give the tip of the cap to My Steelers. I'd rather they won tonight than find out the cheats lost. That's 3 LOSSES folks. Catching the Bills now... :lol: :D 8-) The defensive schematic of the day folks is..., 4-3 defense. Can we say 4-3 defense? Say it with me folks. 4-3 defense. :ugeek:

I think it's difficult to point to anything related to defense for this fucking win tonight.

Really the biggest factor was aggressive, ballsy, and relentless play-calling by the Eagles.

As I said during the first drive of the game: this is exactly what our offensive playcalling/mindset should be (and more or less what it looked like in Balitmore 2 this year).

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Poltargyst wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Try 10 Super Bowls overall, not 9.

Belichick has been to 8 and Raymond Berry went to 1, right?


Bill Parcells went to one as well, against Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXI.

Remember the year of the Fog Bowl Debacle in Foxboro?

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
It's very close but I give the tip of the cap to My Steelers. I'd rather they won tonight than find out the cheats lost. That's 3 LOSSES folks. Catching the Bills now... :lol: :D 8-) The defensive schematic of the day folks is..., 4-3 defense. Can we say 4-3 defense? Say it with me folks. 4-3 defense. :ugeek:

I think it's difficult to point to anything related to defense for this fucking win tonight.

Really the biggest factor was aggressive, ballsy, and relentless play-calling by the Eagles.

As I said during the first drive of the game: this is exactly what our offensive playcalling/mindset should be (and more or less what it looked like in Balitmore 2 this year).


I’d say Brandon Graham’s play was a pretty significant defensive play.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8891
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
It's very close but I give the tip of the cap to My Steelers. I'd rather they won tonight than find out the cheats lost. That's 3 LOSSES folks. Catching the Bills now... :lol: :D 8-) The defensive schematic of the day folks is..., 4-3 defense. Can we say 4-3 defense? Say it with me folks. 4-3 defense. :ugeek:

I think it's difficult to point to anything related to defense for this fucking win tonight.

Really the biggest factor was aggressive, ballsy, and relentless play-calling by the Eagles.

As I said during the first drive of the game: this is exactly what our offensive playcalling/mindset should be (and more or less what it looked like in Balitmore 2 this year).


Well, our HC is a fucking dolt, so don’t hold your breath.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
Looks like I missed most of a great game but caught the last three minutes when I heard the score.

After seeing the highlights idiot Tomlin needs to realize this:

1. You beat the Pats by being aggressive and not settling for FGs. Game was won on that 4th down pass to Foles.
2. 2nd string QB IS THE 2nd MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON THE TEAM. Plan accordingly.
3. Even good defenses fall apart so you have to keep scoring.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6888
Miter Saw wrote:
Actually they've been to 10. Lost to packers and Brett Favre/walrus.

Oops, you’re right. Forgot about that one. I stand corrected.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1416
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Looks like I missed most of a great game but caught the last three minutes when I heard the score.

After seeing the highlights idiot Tomlin needs to realize this:

1. You beat the Pats by being aggressive and not settling for FGs. Game was won on that 4th down pass to Foles.
2. 2nd string QB IS THE 2nd MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON THE TEAM. Plan accordingly.
3. Even good defenses fall apart so you have to keep scoring.


I thought you didn't watch the game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Miter Saw wrote:
Seriously though. Who cares if they have 5 or 6 or 7 trophies. Yah I enjoy seeing them lose....but what's the satisfaction? Schoolground "nah nah we won more championships than you since the 1966 season". So what?

Did you feel like lesser men when cowboys and 9ers eclipsed steelers 4?

You enjoy seeing them lose but you question the satisfaction? That’s interesting.

Mine has little to do with # of overall SB’s but it’s nice to have the edge.. My team that I idolized had 24 players who won 4 in 6 years, back to back twice with how many Hall of Famers? This Patriots run can’t touch that IMO.

Their run is really 2 runs . If they would have won last night, they were going to be in very good shape to 3-peat. You know Kraft would have pushed all of his chips to the center to be the first SB era team to do that- so that’s my satisfaction and seeing Robert Krafts face as he sat on his throne in the center of his box. (No markie mark?)

For me, it always comes back to the best NFL dynasty of all time. That’s why I am a fan in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 pm
Posts: 232
Hinestuff wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Looks like I missed most of a great game but caught the last three minutes when I heard the score.

After seeing the highlights idiot Tomlin needs to realize this:

1. You beat the Pats by being aggressive and not settling for FGs. Game was won on that 4th down pass to Foles.
2. 2nd string QB IS THE 2nd MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON THE TEAM. Plan accordingly.
3. Even good defenses fall apart so you have to keep scoring.


I thought you didn't watch the game?


Not sure I'd consider 3 minutes to be "watch the game".

I mean if the Patriots are losing - my guess is lots of people would like to see that one play out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Orangesteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
It's very close but I give the tip of the cap to My Steelers. I'd rather they won tonight than find out the cheats lost. That's 3 LOSSES folks. Catching the Bills now... :lol: :D 8-) The defensive schematic of the day folks is..., 4-3 defense. Can we say 4-3 defense? Say it with me folks. 4-3 defense. :ugeek:

I think it's difficult to point to anything related to defense for this fucking win tonight.

Really the biggest factor was aggressive, ballsy, and relentless play-calling by the Eagles.

As I said during the first drive of the game: this is exactly what our offensive playcalling/mindset should be (and more or less what it looked like in Balitmore 2 this year).


Well, our HC is a fucking dolt, so don’t hold your breath.

Let's see what the playcalling looks like with the human obstacle removed and maybe itll be obvious which one of us is right to be optimistic/pessimistic.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2222
So, B2B if the play calling is similar will you be willing to chalk it up to Tomlin?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16324
Zeke5123 wrote:
So, B2B if the play calling is similar will you be willing to chalk it up to Tomlin?

Sure. Or Ben, I guess.

I doubt seriously that it will be, because it didn't look that way when Arians was OC, nor when Ben seemed to be calling the plays.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patriots Losses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6478
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
Still Lit wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
I really don't get mocking the Patriots for losing Super Bowls. They are getting there! That means they're winning AFCCG's! They've been to 8! I hope over the next 17 years the Steelers go to 8 Super Bowls and win 5.


Same.


You'd understand if you lived in New England.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group