It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1388
I'm watching the press conference. I think the comment he made was overblown.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 1023
I don't remember the last time Gronk got through a season without missing a few games, he also takes a ton of hits.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
BethlehemSteel wrote:
He’s had his bell rung too many times

He’s got plenty of cash and his family’s has been vocal about his health too


...and his family monitors his money...spends just what he makes from endorsements, autograph signing sessions, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he's all done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Gronk was amazing in the 2nd half and that was after they lost their #1 WR.

As a fan of the Steelers and a Patriots Hafer, I have always wanted to beat NE in NE in the playoffs with them at full strength, but I know that’s dreaming, so I hope they just retire..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 504
With all the information coming out about CTE and him just getting over a concussion, I'd think about it too. He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone. If I were him I'd take the money and get out now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3144
Gronk is due to make $9M in base salary next season. He is not going anywhere. That being said, he is cheap to cut or trade. I'll bet the Pats draft Dallas Goedert if he is there in the first.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2409
If I'm Colbert they can have my 1st round pick and any of our tight ends if they really wanna move on from the guy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3299
Location: Upstate NY
swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
He’s had his bell rung too many times

He’s got plenty of cash and his family’s has been vocal about his health too


...and his family monitors his money...spends just what he makes from endorsements, autograph signing sessions, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he's all done.



I didn't know this until a year or so ago I heard that he's banked all if his actual pay. Very smart thing to do. I've never heard anyone do that before and thought it was kinda cool. He could walk away at anytime. Have no idea if he will or not and I din't listen to his presser post game. Speaking of post game pressers, Swiss did you watch Bill? Was there even a post game presser from Bill? ( I didn't watch it if there was)

:lol: Hope you're having an awesome day Swiss, up there behind enemy lines. :lol: Beeping and flipping the bird at fans today?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5503
ol'e Swiss jumped into the local holding pond after the Pat's loss.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1746
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
He’s had his bell rung too many times

He’s got plenty of cash and his family’s has been vocal about his health too


...and his family monitors his money...spends just what he makes from endorsements, autograph signing sessions, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he's all done.



I didn't know this until a year or so ago I heard that he's banked all if his actual pay. Very smart thing to do. I've never heard anyone do that before and thought it was kinda cool. He could walk away at anytime. Have no idea if he will or not and I din't listen to his presser post game. Speaking of post game pressers, Swiss did you watch Bill? Was there even a post game presser from Bill? ( I didn't watch it if there was)

:lol: Hope you're having an awesome day Swiss, up there behind enemy lines. :lol: Beeping and flipping the bird at fans today?


Marshawn Lynch did the same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8904
Too many concussions. I’d be worried my brain would be turning to mush as well. Take the money and run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2421
Location: Houston, TX
KC wrote:
Agree with Lit.

Gronk has taken a SHITLOAD of punishment.

Reminds me somewhat of Ditka.

Ditka was a large powerful man who blasted thru tacklers.

Now he has 2 artificial hips. Zero doubt he has CTE to the MAX.

Gronk would do well to get the fuck out while he still has a little bit of brain left.

Being that he was a dumbfuck coming into the league, he better not wait long.


This.

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2223
Gronk might benefit from having his brain scrambled. Just kidding...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3299
Location: Upstate NY
.....

Marshawn Lynch did the same thing.[/quote][/quote][/quote]






Beast mode banked his pay also and only spent endorsement money etc to live off?

I didn't know that. Nice. Good for him!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6337
Orangesteel wrote:
Too many concussions. I’d be worried my brain would be turning to mush as well. Take the money and run.
Especially when you pile drive a defenseless player on the ground.

That shit can really fuck your head up, right?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1684
Has anyone offered up the theory that he was emotional and just blurted this out without really thinking it through?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5503
Pabst wrote:
Has anyone offered up the theory that he was emotional and just blurted this out without really thinking it through?


When the reporter asked him about retiring, he responded with a "how did you hear about that?" like someone in his camp leaked that he has been discussing it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2131
He isn't retire with all that money on the table and Brady around
He has been hit in the head a bit and will likely miss a few games a year


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
the great unwashed peasants burglarized Gronk's home

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... skis-home/

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Posts: 2310
No fucking way he retires now and leaves all that money on the table. I saw the whole interview. He is going to play next year guaranteed. Any one thinking that he is going to retire is just engaging in some good old fashioned wishful thinking. Better chance that NE trades him, than Gronk retiring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Here comes the next BOZWORTH LOL :P :lol:

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/02/07/ ... etirement/

Quote:
Report: Rob Gronkowski Considering Retirement, Hollywood Acting Career

Rob Gronkowski is more than just an excellent football player. He's a brand. So it should come as no surprise that "Gronk" would eventually find a second career as an entertainer off the football field.

But that career change could come sooner than anyone expected.

In the wake of Gronkowski's cryptic post-game comments after the Patriots' Super Bowl loss, a new report has emerged regarding the tight end's potential retirement. Bill Burt of the Eagle Tribune reported late on Tuesday that Gronk is considering retirement from the NFL to pursue an acting career. Burt added that he got recommendations to switch to acting from Hollywood stars Sylvester Stallone and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Johnson, in particular, has been semi-retired from his first career as a pro wrestler in WWE since the early 2000s. He has since become one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood. Johnson most recently finished second behind only Mark Wahlberg ($68 million) with a whopping $65 million earned in 2017, according to Forbes.


WWE you say??? ........one entertainment league to the next!!! :P :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gronk considering retirement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Here comes the next BOZWORTH LOL :P :lol:

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/02/07/ ... etirement/

Quote:
Report: Rob Gronkowski Considering Retirement, Hollywood Acting Career

Rob Gronkowski is more than just an excellent football player. He's a brand. So it should come as no surprise that "Gronk" would eventually find a second career as an entertainer off the football field.

But that career change could come sooner than anyone expected.

In the wake of Gronkowski's cryptic post-game comments after the Patriots' Super Bowl loss, a new report has emerged regarding the tight end's potential retirement. Bill Burt of the Eagle Tribune reported late on Tuesday that Gronk is considering retirement from the NFL to pursue an acting career. Burt added that he got recommendations to switch to acting from Hollywood stars Sylvester Stallone and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Johnson, in particular, has been semi-retired from his first career as a pro wrestler in WWE since the early 2000s. He has since become one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood. Johnson most recently finished second behind only Mark Wahlberg ($68 million) with a whopping $65 million earned in 2017, according to Forbes.


WWE you say??? ........one entertainment league to the next!!! :P :lol:


Gronks mic game needs work. The problem with him wrestling is it is a grind- even more so than the NFL. No offseason away from home 9-10 months out of the year. The Rock talks about all the hard work it takes to be an actor and that just doesn't seem like Gronk. Let's be honest, the industry is moving away from guys like Gronk playing tough guys and blowing shit up with a series of one-liners. It would much rather let a woman do that these days and call it "empowerment". So unless he's willing to tackle (no pun intended) vulnerable characters (which requires acting lessons) he will just have to wait his turn for the Mongo part in the Blazing Saddles remake with a woman sheriff.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group