It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3032
FC wrote:
Quote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.


After watching this I have no doubts Bill Belicheck is not only the greatest NFL coach of all time...He is far and away the greatest pro coach of all time in any sport


Close 2nd to Tomlin IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23263
COR-TEN wrote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.

I realized there were issues with Parcells health and departure from the Patriots, the Jets and Belichick's return to the Patriots, but I didn't realize how tricky and sticky it was. The media made it seem like it was all about his heath. Granted, I wasn't watching as closely at the time and Belichick wasn't' even on my radar. . .

Kinda explains why Kraft feels like the NFL owes him. Or owed him, 'cause he's already got a couple of big gifts already. Kraft makes it sound like he was shafted by sidestepping rules that could have cost him more super bowl wins.

And this McDaniels thing smells like they wanted to avoid similar conflicts.


Will this be on again? I was out last night and missed it.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
COR-TEN wrote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.

I realized there were issues with Parcells health and departure from the Patriots, the Jets and Belichick's return to the Patriots, but I didn't realize how tricky and sticky it was. The media made it seem like it was all about his heath. Granted, I wasn't watching as closely at the time and Belichick wasn't' even on my radar. . .

Kinda explains why Kraft feels like the NFL owes him. Or owed him, 'cause he's already got a couple of big gifts already. Kraft makes it sound like he was shafted by sidestepping rules that could have cost him more super bowl wins.

And this McDaniels thing smells like they wanted to avoid similar conflicts.


can you give some cliff notes, or some youtube link,

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6318
I saw it on my streaming device. Not sure when it airs, but if you have your cable package set up to view on other devices, you could probably see it whenever you want.

It told the history of Belichik and Parcells and how they met. BB was a special teams coach, that moved up the ranks, but Parcells, according Belichick, was his teacher and mentor. But it's obvious BB is a detail football mastermind, but Parcells was best at moving chess pieces around in the big picture. Parcells wouldn't have had success without BB. I was in NYC for the Parcells era, and it doesn't surprise me. They were dominating on defense with L Taylor - who basically said his career went down the toilet when Parcells left. He was the only guy who could keep him under wraps.

At any rate, the jets pulled Parcells away from the Pats in what he described as an underhanded move by the NFL and Jets ownership. Interviewed him and did this behind Krafts back, and supposedly illegally. He got draft picks as compensation orchestrated by Tagliabu, but wasn't ready to hire BB. Insert Pete Carroll. Fast forward a few years later and Kraft takes Belichick away from the jets in 2001 or so, for another set of draft picks, but Parcells tried to block the move by calling him a co-head coach. He wanted to insure Belichick would stay in NYC with the jets. BB and Parcells didn't talk for a while.

But it's curious that BB has been part of changing ownership and weird moves by coaches and cities. Belichick would have a short stint at Cleveland, but they moved to Balt and left him in the lurch. Then the Jets/pats fiasco. But all this talk about Belichick not doing anything in Clev is bullshit. He wasn't there long enough. His system is and brain clearly works wonders for whatever team he coaches.

But the mutual respect and admiration is definitely there - especially since they've patched up the friendship.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
COR-TEN wrote:
I saw it on my streaming device. Not sure when it airs, but if you have your cable package set up to view on other devices, you could probably see it whenever you want.

It told the history of Belichik and Parcells and how they met. BB was a special teams coach, that moved up the ranks, but Parcells, according Belichick, was his teacher and mentor. But it's obvious BB is a detail football mastermind, but Parcells was best at moving chess pieces around in the big picture. Parcells wouldn't have had success without BB. I was in NYC for the Parcells era, and it doesn't surprise me. They were dominating on defense with L Taylor - who basically said his career went down the toilet when Parcells left. He was the only guy who could keep him under wraps.

At any rate, the jets pulled Parcells away from the Pats in what he described as an underhanded move by the NFL and Jets ownership. Interviewed him and did this behind Krafts back, and supposedly illegally. He got draft picks as compensation orchestrated by Tagliabu, but wasn't ready to hire BB. Insert Pete Carroll. Fast forward a few years later and Kraft takes Belichick away from the jets in 2001 or so, for another set of draft picks, but Parcells tried to block the move by calling him a co-head coach. He wanted to insure Belichick would stay in NYC with the jets. BB and Parcells didn't talk for a while.

But it's curious that BB has been part of changing ownership and weird moves by coaches and cities. Belichick would have a short stint at Cleveland, but they moved to Balt and left him in the lurch. Then the Jets/pats fiasco. But all this talk about Belichick not doing anything in Clev is bullshit. He wasn't there long enough. His system is and brain clearly works wonders for whatever team he coaches.

But the mutual respect and admiration is definitely there - especially since they've patched up the friendship.


Ok got it. I'll have to check it out. a lot of the BB pre Pats history is laid out in the spygate book

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4678
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
FC wrote:
Quote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.


After watching this I have no doubts Bill Belicheck is not only the greatest NFL coach of all time...He is far and away the greatest pro coach of all time in any sport


I had no idea Jon Gruden was narrating the film.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 856
FC wrote:
Quote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.


After watching this I have no doubts Bill Belicheck is not only the greatest NFL coach of all time...He is far and away the greatest pro coach of all time in any sport



Yep me too after watching...dude has now coached in 11 Super Bowls since ‘86, basically 1 out of every 3 in the last 32 years...dude has seen everything and has Ernie the Rainman who remembers everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 856
Also, back to the OP, it has been reported by Yahoo sports that McDaniel will indeed return to the Pats next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
HOLY shit

I better get out and play the lottery

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/

This spun fast

Around 5pm Boston radio was confirming he was being announced on Wed for Indy


Hahah

Belichick is going to walk. :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
BethlehemSteel wrote:
HOLY shit

I better get out and play the lottery

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/

This spun fast

Around 5pm Boston radio was confirming he was being announced on Wed for Indy


Hahah

Belichick is going to walk. :lol:


Gotta wonder. Nothing like this has happened since Belichick fucked over the Jets a day after accepting the Jets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8883
SP wrote:
FC wrote:
Quote:
I watched the two bills last night on 30 for 30.


After watching this I have no doubts Bill Belicheck is not only the greatest NFL coach of all time...He is far and away the greatest pro coach of all time in any sport


Close 2nd to Tomlin IMO.


LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumors on Belichick after McDaniels getting cold feet w
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
HOLY shit

I better get out and play the lottery

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/

This spun fast

Around 5pm Boston radio was confirming he was being announced on Wed for Indy


Hahah

Belichick is going to walk. :lol:


Gotta wonder. Nothing like this has happened since Belichick fucked over the Jets a day after accepting the Jets.

Someone photoed Kraft and Belichick at red lobster tonight

https://mobile.twitter.com/stoolpreside ... 37/photo/1

Must be that bill wants extra biscuits

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8883
I’m not sure BB and tomlin could be more different; BB is obsessed with details, the nuances, trying to out scheme and out coach everyone else. Fraudlin is a rah rah guy that doesn’t give a shit what his players do and just hopes when the clock turns 0:00 that his guys have more points than the other team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
I’d hate to admit it at this point but i want more silver trophies

EMR......wake up

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Orangesteel wrote:
I’m not sure BB and tomlin could be more different; BB is obsessed with details, the nuances, trying to out scheme and out coach everyone else. Fraudlin is a rah rah guy that doesn’t give a shit what his players do and just hopes when the clock turns 0:00 that his guys have more points than the other team.


They could NOT be more different-- polar fucking opposites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Here's a good clip of BB strolling thru Giants stadium for the last time --

Gotta love a coach who gets choked up about game planning and coaches meetings!


http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/09000d5d82246b02/A-Football-Life-Belichick-takes-a-trip-down-memory-lane


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Belichick coaching the Steelers to a few more Lombardi’s would be like a sinners penance/act of contrition :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Belichick coaching the Steelers to a few more Lombardi’s would be like a sinners penance/act of contrition :lol:


I wish -- but he's not coming here because:

1. Tomlin is going nowhere

2. BB would either go to NYG or nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
BILl has one year left

He may retire next season

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 856
BethlehemSteel wrote:
BILl has one year left

He may retire next season



Either that or he is stringing McDaniels on like Parcells did him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13510
mcshamiels and belicheat staying in cheatston, massacheaters. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/9 ... 8119024640

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 2355302400
Looks like the Colts took a big bite of the mcshamiels shit sandwich wo/the bread and are on the hook with these assistant coaches and still no head coach. Wow what a douchebag move on mcshamiels. I guess it happens all the time...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
Steelafan77 wrote:
mcshamiels and belicheat staying in cheatston, massacheaters. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/9 ... 8119024640

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 2355302400
Looks like the Colts took a big bite of the mcshamiels shit sandwich wo/the bread and are on the hook with these assistant coaches and still no head coach. Wow what a douchebag move on mcshamiels. I guess it happens all the time...

I’m going to guess Colts will be better off in the long run.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
mcshamiels and belicheat staying in cheatston, massacheaters. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/9 ... 8119024640

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 2355302400
Looks like the Colts took a big bite of the mcshamiels shit sandwich wo/the bread and are on the hook with these assistant coaches and still no head coach. Wow what a douchebag move on mcshamiels. I guess it happens all the time...

I’m going to guess Colts will be better off in the long run.


Could have been a get back for the Deflategate initial memo.

But I think it's more about BB's impending end date in NE, whenever it comes off sooner or later.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4416
I don't understand why or how McDaniels is in demand for another HC gig. He's a great OC, nothing else


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Donnie Brasco wrote:
I don't understand why or how McDaniels is in demand for another HC gig. He's a great OC, nothing else


this move pretty much cements his zero demand in the future outside of NE.

His reputation was perceived to be cleaned up from his St Louis and Denver nefarious doings, but that is all back at square one.

Once a cheater, always a cheater

And to add..... If McD spoke to these assistants prior to the end of the season (Superbowl), then looks like some penalties will be coming down
Article doesn't mention it, but i think it's a no-no with NFL ops and bylaws

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-in-indy/

Quote:
One of the issues that emerged in the wake of McDaniels treating the Colts like a bad batch of McDonald’s is whether McDaniels has spoken to the people most affected by Josh changing his mind. And one media outlet has both sides of the story covered.

Dianna Russini of ESPN reported shortly before 10:00 p.m. ET that “several members” of McDaniels’ shoulda-woulda-coulda staff in Indianapolis had not yet heard from him. Josina Anderson of ESPN reported that McDaniels has “spoken to every one” of the coaches with whom he would have worked in Indy, and that he spoke to them “a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy.”

Whatever the truth may be, ESPN is covered either way. Which is another reason for ESPN’s editors and producers to perhaps consider some sort of procedure for ensuring harmony in tweeting among the small army of reporters who cover the NFL. While it’s somewhat surprising that this doesn’t happen more often, the best approach would be for it to happen never.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sir Lambert, Suwanee88 and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group