It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Curious move by Belichik
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Was it bad coaching on BBs part, or was this the vulnerable Pats team we saw against KC, Carolina and late in the season against the Dolphins?

You know, months ago we all were in agreement that the Pats were very “gettable” this year. They lost Edelman who is the kind of WR who gives us fits. Their defense performed better as the season went along but we saw some terrible performances out of them, even in games they won (Houston @ home)

And still, Fraudlin couldn’t capitalize, we lost to them in a massive game at home and didn’t even make it to the dance with these assholes in Foxborough. Fraudlin’s failures dwarf BBs.

Isn't Belichick a defensive guru? His defense got tooled this year and exposed last night. Without the uncanny and extremely difficult to explain home field advantage the Pats enjoy AND 3-4 ridiculous replay TD reviews where the other team got jobbed, they never look so good.

he lost to a great team..not blake bortles ..not tim tebow...not ryan fn mallet

Tomlin's shitty player performance helped him out. Yes, he is ultimately responsible for player performance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Was it bad coaching on BBs part, or was this the vulnerable Pats team we saw against KC, Carolina and late in the season against the Dolphins?

You know, months ago we all were in agreement that the Pats were very “gettable” this year. They lost Edelman who is the kind of WR who gives us fits. Their defense performed better as the season went along but we saw some terrible performances out of them, even in games they won (Houston @ home)

And still, Fraudlin couldn’t capitalize, we lost to them in a massive game at home and didn’t even make it to the dance with these assholes in Foxborough. Fraudlin’s failures dwarf BBs.

Isn't Belichick a defensive guru? His defense got tooled this year and exposed last night. Without the uncanny and extremely difficult to explain home field advantage the Pats enjoy AND 3-4 ridiculous replay TD reviews where the other team got jobbed, they never look so good.

he lost to a great team..not blake bortles ..not tim tebow...not ryan fn mallet

I'm going to take a guess before I even look... that Blake Bortles and Nick Foles have nearly the same career in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 pm 

B2B...Doug Pederson totally remade his offense to suit Nick Foles, and Foles played like Montana last night.

He suffered at the hands of Jeff Fisher but there's no question Foles has more talent than Blake Bortles.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
B2B...Doug Pederson totally remade his offense to suit Nick Foles, and Foles played like Montana last night.

He suffered at the hands of Jeff Fisher but there's no question Foles has more talent than Blake Bortles.

its not even remotely close

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Look at the coaching performance Pederson put on yesterday and even that which Belichick put on, mistakes and all...and tell me Mike Tomlin and his staff aren't stale.

They are totally stale on offense, glad they at least are attempting something different there.
I don't think they were *as* stale on defense -- but I think they were attempting to change the paradigm in 2017, with mixed results.

For all my pooh-poohing of switching to a 4-3, this draft could put them in a position to use multiple fronts... not the worst idea.

I'm talking about the overall conservative approach to the game.

Tomlin really felt a 24-16 lead with 15 mins left was enough?

And the unpreparedness in key situational moments has been getting worse his whole career.

I want the Mike Tomlin who couldn't sleep the week before the Super Bowl and went looking for something to give his team an extra edge.

I haven't seen that Mike Tomlin for a while.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:32 pm 

per game:

1 Blake Bortles: 21/36... 241 yds... 59.1%... 1.5 TDs... 1.0 INT... 3.6 rushes... 22.7 yds... 80.8 rate... 6.7 YPA
2 Nick Foles....: 17/28 199 yds... 60.1%... 1.2 TDs... 0.6 INT... 2.4 rushes... 7.1 yds..... 87.4 rate... 7.0 YPA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Their careers to this point have been pretty close. Foles has played with a lot more talent around him. I agree that Foles has more talent but I think this is mostly a case of a very good situation in Philly, a couple of great offensive coaches, and not enough time for other teams to see film and react to what Foles is doing in Philly. He had a great playoff run this year... but so did Joe Flacco, once.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 pm 

955876 wrote:
So is Butler going to come play for us now?

Saw this stat. Must have been something real to piss Belicheat like this.

Malcolm Butler has played 3,125 out of 3,195 defensive snaps in the last 3 regular seasons

97.8%

that’s a lot for it to drop to 0%

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Their careers to this point have been pretty close. Foles has played with a lot more talent around him. I agree that Foles has more talent but I think this is mostly a case of a very good situation in Philly, a couple of great offensive coaches, and not enough time for other teams to see film and react to what Foles is doing in Philly. He had a great playoff run this year... but so did Joe Flacco, once.

Still...Belichick lost to a more talented team than we did.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still...Belichick lost to a more talented team than we did.

Sure. Jax has Fournette on offense and that's about it. Philly has some really good skill players and a dynamite OL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next