It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gronk Hail Mary, fake controversy by the media.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:45 am 

I'll tell you what. Watching Gronk club that Eagle on his run down for the Hail Mary might have been the funniest thing I've seen in a while. He look like an ogre or Donkey Kong or something backhand swatting the guy. Anyone see that?

Of course I just did a google search to find the video and one of the first articles to pop up is CBSsports saying that the Pats should have gotten a DPI on a fucking Hail Mary. There are SOOO many writers out there that just do not know the game. AT ALL!

The same idiots that are claiming the Foles touchdown reception play was an illegal formation because the Jeffrey was a yard and a half off the line.........but they don't understand about checking with the linesman and getting the ok.

The NFL has gotten so popular in the last 10 years that every moron who started watching the game thinks they are an expert but have no fucking clue about the nuances of the game.

I look forward to the league being less popular and all these new fans disappearing again. Kinda like the gym after New years.

Post subject: Re: Gronk Hail Mary, fake controversy by the media.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 am 

I liked Gronk bitching to the refs after the hail mary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 am 

Can't blame him. It was worth a shot. His Donkey Kong club was as blatant PI as anything the Eagles did, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am 

R S wrote:
Can't blame him. It was worth a shot. His Donkey Kong club was as blatant PI as anything the Eagles did, though.

Yep. It’s an unwritten rule that PI is not called on Hail Marys. Curious that they did t bitch about the PI on the Eagles last two point try.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 am 

Did this DPI occur before or after Gronk clubbed an Eagles' defender in the face on his way to the end zone?

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Did this DPI occur before or after Gronk clubbed an Eagles' defender in the face on his way to the end zone?

Certainly could have thrown the ODPI flag, but we knew that wasn't gonna happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:47 am 

Jeemie wrote:

I mentioned that in the OP.

Hail Mary's area free for all. As they should be. Fans and media members who suggest DPI should be called on a hail mary are ignorant of how the game is played. Probably learned about football playing video games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am 

And all the players were playing the ball. THere was no DPI on that play

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am 

I think the Pats have a better case of illegal contact with one of the receivers being knocked out of the play about twenty yards before the EZ. But Gronk committed more inter fence than any Eagle player + PI is never called on HMs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
I think the Pats have a better case of illegal contact with one of the receivers being knocked out of the play about twenty yards before the EZ. But Gronk committed more inter fence than any Eagle player + PI is never called on HMs.

it could also be argued that Brady had left the pocket after Graham doesn't get him to the ground - in that case you literally cannot have illegal contact and the play is a good heads up one by the eagles defender