It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Last Night: Most Offensive Yards In Any NFL Game... Ever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Bledsoe was healthy. Brady took over the starting job when Bledsoe got hurt, but never relinquished it. Bledsoe was healthy enough to come in and provide NE's only offensive TD against the steelers that year when Brady was briefly knocked out of the game.

I'm having trouble calling Brady a backup that year. Yes, he started the season as the backup....but so did Kurt Warner the year before when Trent Green got hurt late in preseason/early in season (can't quite remember).

The only true backup I could think of winning is Hostetler. And even then I think Simms was healthy to be the backup in the SuperBowl.

Dilfer was backup QB quality and won, but was the starter.

The QBs on that Ravens team were absolutely dogshit. Tony Banks started the season as the starter and went 5-1. He then lost 3 straight where they scored 3, 6, and 6 points. I was at the final game of that stretch, a brutal 9-6 Steelers win. They put Dilfer in and he made 1 play per game and that was enough. He sucked that year and that is why they got Grbac the next year. They could have won the SB with Laundry back there. The AFC was weak as hell and he faced a shitty Giants team in the SB.

Post subject: Re: Last Night: Most Offensive Yards In Any NFL Game... Ever
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Meh. Offensive football is boring without a decent defense. It kind of turns it into the RS nba.

I made almost the same comment near the end of the game. I'm sure a lot of people like this style of game....I'm not one of them.

Agreed....
*Patriots scored on 6 of 11 possessions...with two of their unsuccessful possessions coming at the end of each half with only seconds to work.
*Eagles, incredibly, score on 8 of 10 possessions.
*Was a streak, starting with Patriots drive after Iggles pick, with, absent, Patriots possession with a handful of seconds to go until half, seven consecutive possessions (4 Patriots, 3 Iggles), resulted in TDs.