It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3542
Still Lit wrote:
Off season forum prediction.

I put the under at 16 for how many consecutive posts any given thread will make it before a poster criticizes Tomlin.


Sigs don't count, right?

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Team STD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 2723
Put me in the Darren Parry camp. I would at least like to see him brought in for an interview.

_________________
"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" - Will Rogers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8835
"bradshaw2ben"]
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
i dont know how much can change when the head defensive guru is still there. This is his baby, his mess. Rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

It wasn't the scheme or playcalling or top-level choices as much as jimmie & joes + fundamentals and player development.

The HC is involved in all of that, but position coaches have a big impact in those areas.



B2B, a huge aspect of being a good head coach are the coaching hires you make. He absolutely sucks at that.

Steelers are VERY clear about this, since Cowher: the ORGANIZATION makes coaching hires. That includes the HC but he does not have unilateral hiring and firing authority. The Rooneys felt that was the biggest mistake of the Cowher tenure... giving him too much authority.[/quote]



That was/is wrong...cowher was still better at it, and no doubt has a say, a rather large one id say


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9162
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Off season forum prediction.

I put the under at 16 for how many consecutive posts any given thread will make it before a poster criticizes Tomlin.

I'll take the under


Ha ha.

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Off season forum prediction.

I put the under at 16 for how many consecutive posts any given thread will make it before a poster criticizes Tomlin.


Sigs don't count, right?


Sigs don't count. You want the under or over?

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9162
jebrick wrote:
Put me in the Darren Parry camp. I would at least like to see him brought in for an interview.


What about a Ray Horton redux?

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 318
FC wrote:
I am going to post something yinz will laugh at

I would try to hire

Dom Capers and Dick LeBeau as Co defensive back coaches

I'd go for that but dump Porter & give LeBeau the linebackers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 568
Yet another fall guy for Tomlin's head coaching inadequacies...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6292
Lynch wrote:
Yet another fall guy for Tomlin's head coaching inadequacies...


Like death and taxes

I appreciate your consistency

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 2723
GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:

Steelers are VERY clear about this, since Cowher: the ORGANIZATION makes coaching hires. That includes the HC but he does not have unilateral hiring and firing authority. The Rooneys felt that was the biggest mistake of the Cowher tenure... giving him too much authority.




That was/is wrong...cowher was still better at it, and no doubt has a say, a rather large one id say


Cowher brought in most if not all of his coaches. My bet is Noll did the same.

_________________
"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" - Will Rogers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8835
jebrick wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:

Steelers are VERY clear about this, since Cowher: the ORGANIZATION makes coaching hires. That includes the HC but he does not have unilateral hiring and firing authority. The Rooneys felt that was the biggest mistake of the Cowher tenure... giving him too much authority.




That was/is wrong...cowher was still better at it, and no doubt has a say, a rather large one id say


Cowher brought in most if not all of his coaches. My bet is Noll did the same.



Ya b2b says since Cowher. Again Tomlin is a fn potted plant. Cant do anything for himself or the team without direct permission from EMR


Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group