It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7806
Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
So which is it?

A. Ben believes the Steelers can win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC.
B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

C. Ben believes he’s so good that he will win another Super Bowl despite Tomlin.

Nope, that's A.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11612
This will be very upsetting news for Chicagosteel

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3748
Somebody buy his wife Brady's cookbook but redact the nonsense about nightshades and 25 glasses of water a day.

Better yet, get him on something keto-ish.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4022
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16521
TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9140
I’m pretty sure you aren’t supposed to drink 25 glasses of water a day.

That quack doctor TB12 uses is a jabroni.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4022
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.


Yeah, that's just Ben being Ben, and ultimately it led to the result he wanted with Haley let go.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3748
https://www.popularmechanics.com/advent ... 12-method/

Yes, Brady's diet is stupid and the only reason he isn't overhydrating is he adds electrolytes to the water.

How about something simple for Ben like no sugar no grain for a while?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11612
The CTE stuff is interesting. And, as it relates to the whole QB sneak thing, it DOES demonstrate that Ben will lie, or at least exagerrate or be deceptive. I think his CTE concerns are real, but other than getting earholed on a sneak it's not enough of a concern for him to retire....it could be a case of one more concussion and he's done.

But thrilled to hear he wants to play beyond 2020. Brady, Favre and Brees all throwing the ball well into their late 30's/early 40's. Manning, who knows without the injury and surgeries. Hopefully Ben starts a better offseason conditioning program....although there's clearly an argument to be made that the slow start had more to do with Haley, because despite all the bellyaching about Ben's offseason program he's rarely started slowly.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2420
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9848
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11612
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


Something definitely was off those first 6-7 games. I don't know if it was a lack of preseason reps, playcalling or just a lot of new faces. Probably all of the above. Rogers was MIA pretty much the entire year. Took the WHOLE year for Bryant to get back. MacDonald was hurt most of the year. JuJu was a rookie. Bell sat out and took 3-4 games to get back to speed. And that's why JJ was your #2 receiver the first half of the year. Outside of AB, all of that certainly explains your QB being off 6 inches on some of his throws.

But like I said, we have the "lazy slob" critique almost every year but I can't remember him starting slowly any other year.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11612
Still Lit wrote:
I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.


I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9848
Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.


I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.


Exactly. Do some cardio, shed some fat. Be more nimble.

On the other hand, watching fat Ben lumber is one of the great joys of watching his late career. Always good for a chuckle.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4185
Hopefully the “pick six” play the offense seemed to become fond of running left with Haley’s playbook...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16521
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9848
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?


It go back to him saying he kayaks for off season training.

Does he do other stuff? Prolly. Why does he always roll in to camp a chubby bastard, though?

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6522
TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.
Not for me. It is possible that last year Tomlin, or Rooney, or both wanted to retain Haley, or at least didn't make their dissatisfaction/ possibility of not renewing his contract known. Therefore, BR was commenting on the current state of affairs. Maybe he was simply looking for excuses to tell the press instead of creating more perceived controversy within the organization. Maybe this year he was promised Haley would be jettisoned at the end of season 2017, thus the quick response.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11612
Still Lit wrote:
Exactly. Do some cardio, shed some fat. Be more nimble.

On the other hand, watching fat Ben lumber is one of the great joys of watching his late career. Always good for a chuckle.


He looked pretty good on a few of those late season scrambles (as opposed to the fat, crippled water buffalo he looked like early in the year).

Cardio is what non-athletes do to stay in shape. Ben needs to work with a sprint and footwork coach. One of his best seasons a few years ago I think he worked with a QB specialist for about 3 weeks in the offseason.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3748
In August it would be nice not to see Ben's second chin on the roster in order to clear up some cap space.

Sonny Jergenson off seasons do not work in the modern NFL.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KC, Vertical Steel and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group