steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Ben wants to play beyond 2019
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10200
Page 1 of 5

Author:  Still Lit [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

Author:  Kodiak [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


Something definitely was off those first 6-7 games. I don't know if it was a lack of preseason reps, playcalling or just a lot of new faces. Probably all of the above. Rogers was MIA pretty much the entire year. Took the WHOLE year for Bryant to get back. MacDonald was hurt most of the year. JuJu was a rookie. Bell sat out and took 3-4 games to get back to speed. And that's why JJ was your #2 receiver the first half of the year. Outside of AB, all of that certainly explains your QB being off 6 inches on some of his throws.

But like I said, we have the "lazy slob" critique almost every year but I can't remember him starting slowly any other year.

Author:  Kodiak [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Still Lit wrote:
I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.


I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.

Author:  Still Lit [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.


I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.


Exactly. Do some cardio, shed some fat. Be more nimble.

On the other hand, watching fat Ben lumber is one of the great joys of watching his late career. Always good for a chuckle.

Author:  955876 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Hopefully the “pick six” play the offense seemed to become fond of running left with Haley’s playbook...

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?

Author:  Still Lit [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?


It go back to him saying he kayaks for off season training.

Does he do other stuff? Prolly. Why does he always roll in to camp a chubby bastard, though?

Author:  COR-TEN [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.
Not for me. It is possible that last year Tomlin, or Rooney, or both wanted to retain Haley, or at least didn't make their dissatisfaction/ possibility of not renewing his contract known. Therefore, BR was commenting on the current state of affairs. Maybe he was simply looking for excuses to tell the press instead of creating more perceived controversy within the organization. Maybe this year he was promised Haley would be jettisoned at the end of season 2017, thus the quick response.

Author:  Kodiak [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Still Lit wrote:
Exactly. Do some cardio, shed some fat. Be more nimble.

On the other hand, watching fat Ben lumber is one of the great joys of watching his late career. Always good for a chuckle.


He looked pretty good on a few of those late season scrambles (as opposed to the fat, crippled water buffalo he looked like early in the year).

Cardio is what non-athletes do to stay in shape. Ben needs to work with a sprint and footwork coach. One of his best seasons a few years ago I think he worked with a QB specialist for about 3 weeks in the offseason.

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

In August it would be nice not to see Ben's second chin on the roster in order to clear up some cap space.

Sonny Jergenson off seasons do not work in the modern NFL.

Author:  Lynch [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Ben has nearly put the finishing touches on his Milledgeville diet. Soon, he'll be coming to camp in the best shape of his life each new year.

Author:  franco32 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

franco32 wrote:
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.
BR would have a double chin if he were anorexic.

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

15 lbs of body fat could make the split second difference between an escape/completion and an ACL at this point in his career.

Author:  Rocky Mtn Stiller [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Image

Old fat and slow has been done.

Author:  bam morris [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

be nice if ben took fitness a little bit more serious..
instead of resembling jared lorenzen...
https://www.google.com/search?q=jared+l ... 80&bih=602

Author:  TB [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.

Author:  Lynch [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

TB wrote:
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.


I think a more accurate way to put this, would be to state that as he gets older, it will take more attention to diet and exercise for Ben to maintain his normal level of fitness. He's been a pretty durable doughboy thus far, and really, that's all he needs to be.

Author:  Steelafan77 [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

free up $40 million in cap space: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/p ... olbert-nfl

Author:  Still Lit [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Lynch wrote:
TB wrote:
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.


I think a more accurate way to put this, would be to state that as he gets older, it will take more attention to diet and exercise for Ben to maintain his normal level of fitness. He's been a pretty durable doughboy thus far, and really, that's all he needs to be.


So Ben should do what Tomlin does and just get by on talent alone. I see.

Author:  franco32 [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

I get it. We want Ben to star in a Beach Body workout video. It isn't happening.

What we do know is that BR was the best QB in football over the 2nd half of the season and bailed that abortion of a defense out on numerous occasions. The Pittsburgh Steelers energies right now should be totally focused on fixing the D by any means necessary.

Author:  R S [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?


He definitely golfs at least 4 days a week. Probably get's a lot of good walking in on those days.

Author:  Still Lit [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

franco32 wrote:
I get it. We want Ben to star in a Beach Body workout video. It isn't happening.

What we do know is that BR was the best QB in football over the 2nd half of the season and bailed that abortion of a defense out on numerous occasions. The Pittsburgh Steelers energies right now should be totally focused on fixing the D by any means necessary.


Actually you seem not to get it.

Do you know what presenting an opponent's position in the most extreme, caricatured way possible is called?

It's an informal fallacy, by the way. Appeal to the extreme.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

you fat fuckers should talk about being in shape. I am sure 95% of ya are packing it on, especially after 35

:lol:

Author:  Baltostiller [ Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

COR-TEN wrote:
franco32 wrote:
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.
BR would have a double chin if he were anorexic.


You guys act like Ben had a sqare-lantern jaw when he was drafted and has morphed into Jabba the hutt.

Ben on draft day
https://tinyurl.com/ycv85cor
Ben at camp 2017.
https://tinyurl.com/y9rdp6qd

Hope the pics came through.

Sorry I don't see the fat tub of shit that many of you see in Ben. None of us has any clue what he does in the offseason or what he eats. I think his early season struggles were due to a non-disclosed shoulder problem. He was pushing the ball at times and it floated. It appeared that he got right mid-season and his arm was back. Hopefully he won't have any problems coming into camp this year. Need to fix the mess that is the D.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/