It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Ben has nearly put the finishing touches on his Milledgeville diet. Soon, he'll be coming to camp in the best shape of his life each new year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4237
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6777
franco32 wrote:
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.
BR would have a double chin if he were anorexic.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
15 lbs of body fat could make the split second difference between an escape/completion and an ACL at this point in his career.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 152
Image

Old fat and slow has been done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10853
be nice if ben took fitness a little bit more serious..
instead of resembling jared lorenzen...
https://www.google.com/search?q=jared+l ... 80&bih=602


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4151
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
TB wrote:
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.


I think a more accurate way to put this, would be to state that as he gets older, it will take more attention to diet and exercise for Ben to maintain his normal level of fitness. He's been a pretty durable doughboy thus far, and really, that's all he needs to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14332
free up $40 million in cap space: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/p ... olbert-nfl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10238
Lynch wrote:
TB wrote:
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.


I think a more accurate way to put this, would be to state that as he gets older, it will take more attention to diet and exercise for Ben to maintain his normal level of fitness. He's been a pretty durable doughboy thus far, and really, that's all he needs to be.


So Ben should do what Tomlin does and just get by on talent alone. I see.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4237
I get it. We want Ben to star in a Beach Body workout video. It isn't happening.

What we do know is that BR was the best QB in football over the 2nd half of the season and bailed that abortion of a defense out on numerous occasions. The Pittsburgh Steelers energies right now should be totally focused on fixing the D by any means necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5613
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.


I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

And you think that's all he does because.... ?
You don't think he has a diet to get his body ready because...?


He definitely golfs at least 4 days a week. Probably get's a lot of good walking in on those days.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10238
franco32 wrote:
I get it. We want Ben to star in a Beach Body workout video. It isn't happening.

What we do know is that BR was the best QB in football over the 2nd half of the season and bailed that abortion of a defense out on numerous occasions. The Pittsburgh Steelers energies right now should be totally focused on fixing the D by any means necessary.


Actually you seem not to get it.

Do you know what presenting an opponent's position in the most extreme, caricatured way possible is called?

It's an informal fallacy, by the way. Appeal to the extreme.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
you fat fuckers should talk about being in shape. I am sure 95% of ya are packing it on, especially after 35

:lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 840
COR-TEN wrote:
franco32 wrote:
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.
BR would have a double chin if he were anorexic.


You guys act like Ben had a sqare-lantern jaw when he was drafted and has morphed into Jabba the hutt.

Ben on draft day
https://tinyurl.com/ycv85cor
Ben at camp 2017.
https://tinyurl.com/y9rdp6qd

Hope the pics came through.

Sorry I don't see the fat tub of shit that many of you see in Ben. None of us has any clue what he does in the offseason or what he eats. I think his early season struggles were due to a non-disclosed shoulder problem. He was pushing the ball at times and it floated. It appeared that he got right mid-season and his arm was back. Hopefully he won't have any problems coming into camp this year. Need to fix the mess that is the D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4319
I don’t care what he looks like.

I can tell he has been pretty sloth like trying to move at times.

I don’t expect Mike Vick out there or even Benjisan circa 2005. At the same time, I don’t believe he does all he can to maintain his mobility a bit better.

A lot of first downs could be had out there if he was a bit more nimble and took advantage of a defense focused on other things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6777
Baltostiller wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
franco32 wrote:
If only he could have the lean muscle mass of Brady Quinn.

He had 5 TDs against the best defense in the league (close to 6 but one was a lateral to Bell). Of all the things to bitch about this off season, Ben's body fat is at the bottom of the list.

We should be focused on that dumpster fire of a defense or we are going nowhere.
BR would have a double chin if he were anorexic.


You guys act like Ben had a sqare-lantern jaw when he was drafted and has morphed into Jabba the hutt.

Ben on draft day
https://tinyurl.com/ycv85cor
Ben at camp 2017.
https://tinyurl.com/y9rdp6qd

Hope the pics came through.

Sorry I don't see the fat tub of shit that many of you see in Ben. None of us has any clue what he does in the offseason or what he eats. I think his early season struggles were due to a non-disclosed shoulder problem. He was pushing the ball at times and it floated. It appeared that he got right mid-season and his arm was back. Hopefully he won't have any problems coming into camp this year. Need to fix the mess that is the D.
I actually agree with you but didn't post pics. He does seem to not run effectively, though, and lost some quickness.

But like I said, he would look fat and lazy to those that make judgements based on the roll of fat under his jaw. Which he's had since he came into the league.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Still Lit wrote:
Lynch wrote:
TB wrote:
Regardless of where you stand on the subject, it's inarguable that as he gets older his fitness and conditioning becomes more and more important. At least, if he plans to stay healthy and keep playing at an elite level.


I think a more accurate way to put this, would be to state that as he gets older, it will take more attention to diet and exercise for Ben to maintain his normal level of fitness. He's been a pretty durable doughboy thus far, and really, that's all he needs to be.


So Ben should do what Tomlin does and just get by on talent alone. I see.


No, thats what he WAS doing before hella-smart Haley forced him to start developing and using his brain. We can only hope he retains Haley's lessons moving forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
I don't need Ben to have a six pack or to model for GQ.

I want him to be 5% more fleet of foot in the pocket.

That may be the difference between a great play and a season ending disaster.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 7003
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I don't need Ben to have a six pack or to model for GQ.

I want him to be 5% more fleet of foot in the pocket.

That may be the difference between a great play and a season ending disaster.


Dan, with all due respect, I ran the numbers as well.

We need him to be 7.5% more fleet of foot.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
We need him to keep on the path Haley started him on. Get rid of football, live to fight another play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2203
Of course he does
No one ... he and Brady et al are going to leave 20m+ a year on the table at the young age of late 30s, 40. Especially in a league looking desparateky for and protecting good QBs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16850
It's a golden age of QB play, though. There are more competent NFL QBs now than at any time I can remember going back 30 years. By the start of 2018 season, there might not be any team with an absolutely incompetent boob playing QB-- just 3-4 years ago half the league was without a QB.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12215
bradshaw2ben wrote:
It's a golden age of QB play, though.


It's the golden age of rules favoring the passing game.

There's always a new flavor of the month. Hasn't been another consistently great QB since Ben/Rivers/Rodgers/Ryan came into the league. Many pretenders, though.

If not for the rules favoring the passing game, I actually think we're in a drought not terribly different from the Cowher era.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4724
Steelafan77 wrote:

Thx!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bostonsteeler, Google [Bot], Old School Steeler, RooneyTunes, steel, Stillcajun, StillerDownSouth and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group