It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
This is some funny ass shit! I think Russell Wilson is an outstanding QB...I wouldn't trade 35 year old Ben Roethlisberger for 10 Russell Wilson’s. Ben is a generational talent...yep, the only generational talent on this team. (Sorry AB and Lev Bell fanboys. Although AB is close.) 10 years from now, all you assholes will realize what we have. Hell, three years from now, when we usher in the Jones/Dobbs era, we will all appreciate the talent that was 7. Just as when people dissed Bradshaw as being the beneficiary of the talent around him, then BOOM...no more Terry, and all of a sudden, the talent wasn’t so talented, we’ ll come to that realization when Ben hangs em up.
For those that would take Wilson over 7...what happened at the most significant moment of each ones career? Ben made the gutsiest, most fuck you, in your face, balls out pass that was ever made...Russell Wilson puked all over his jersey...
Ben Roethlisberger is a first ballot HoFer...Russell Wilson might get a nomination.

Why are you ignoring that two years later, Ben tried to force a pass to Mike Wallace when Heath Miller was wide open for a first down that would have kept the drive alive?

Once again Jeemie, just because you believe that a guy is wide open from the vantage point of your recliner, doesn’t mean that he is actually wide open...
And I’m sure that Russell Wilson has never forced a pass...oh...wait...
Malcolm Butler says hi.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:35 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
This from the guy who started a thread demanding Ben retire. Glad to see you were able to climb down off that ledge

It's not mutually exclusive. Ben's pussiness to do things that win games negate a lot of the great things he is capable of.

I never demanded that Ben retire. I said if he was going to play like a pussy then he probably should.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
This is some funny ass shit! I think Russell Wilson is an outstanding QB...I wouldn't trade 35 year old Ben Roethlisberger for 10 Russell Wilson’s. Ben is a generational talent...yep, the only generational talent on this team. (Sorry AB and Lev Bell fanboys. Although AB is close.) 10 years from now, all you assholes will realize what we have. Hell, three years from now, when we usher in the Jones/Dobbs era, we will all appreciate the talent that was 7. Just as when people dissed Bradshaw as being the beneficiary of the talent around him, then BOOM...no more Terry, and all of a sudden, the talent wasn’t so talented, we’ ll come to that realization when Ben hangs em up.
For those that would take Wilson over 7...what happened at the most significant moment of each ones career? Ben made the gutsiest, most fuck you, in your face, balls out pass that was ever made...Russell Wilson puked all over his jersey...
Ben Roethlisberger is a first ballot HoFer...Russell Wilson might get a nomination.

Why are you ignoring that two years later, Ben tried to force a pass to Mike Wallace when Heath Miller was wide open for a first down that would have kept the drive alive?

Once again Jeemie, just because you believe that a guy is wide open from the vantage point of your recliner, doesn’t mean that he is actually wide open...
Malcolm Butler says hi.

I know...but it kind of negates the comparison you were trying to make.

Ben has been in three Super Bowls.

He had long stretches of mediocre play in all three of them. Absent that drive for the ages, he's been pedestrian in Super Bowls.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Absent that drive for the ages, he's been pedestrian in Super Bowls.

LMFAO....."Elton John is overrated"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am 

Jeemie wrote:

He had long stretches of mediocre play in all three of them. Absent that drive for the ages, he's been pedestrian in Super Bowls.

I really think you ought to turn in your Steelers fan card. You've overanalyzed and critiqued to the point of no longer being able to see the team you root for for what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Malcolm Butler says hi.

Jeemie, you mean the pass to Wallace where he didn't even look for the fucking ball? That's on Ben? ok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 am 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
This from the guy who started a thread demanding Ben retire. Glad to see you were able to climb down off that ledge

It's not mutually exclusive. Ben's pussiness to do things that win games negate a lot of the great things he is capable of.

I never demanded that Ben retire. I said if he was going to play like a pussy then he probably should.

Kodiak, you had supported Ben up until about midseason.

You thought he was done as did a bunch on this board...you know who you are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:38 am 

955876 wrote:
I’d trade Ben for Wilson right now and wouldn’t even have to think about it for a minute.

Here's another who gave up on Ben about the same time....we wouldn't have even had a chance without his play in the 2nd half.

I know, I know 95, Ben's streak of giving 7 to the opposition.....blah blah blah.

Just keep to shitting on Tomlin with every one of your posts....stay in that lane.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
955876 wrote:
I’d trade Ben for Wilson right now and wouldn’t even have to think about it for a minute.

Just keep to shitting on Tomlin with every one of your posts....stay in that lane.

With this course of action, one can never be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I really think you ought to turn in your Steelers fan card. You've overanalyzed and critiqued to the point of no longer being able to see the team you root for for what it is.

I see the team for exactly what it is.

I think Ben Roethlisberger is a great quarterback.

I simply don’t fellate him.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next