steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Ben wants to play beyond 2019
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10200
Page 1 of 12

Author:  StillerInCT [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Ben wants to play beyond 2019

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Rooney-Ben-Roethlisberger-wants-to-play-beyond-the-2019-season-114814049

Also saw reported that Art II wants to extend him.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has every intention to be the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback going into the next decade.

Speaking to a handful of reporters on Wednesday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II confirmed that Big Ben wants to play beyond his current contract that is set to expire at the end of the 2019 season, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Rooney added that the Steelers will look to get Roethlisberger an extension before his current contract expires.

Rooney's announcement confirms what several players said shortly after the 2017 season came to an end with regard to Big Ben's future plans. Unlike the previous year, Roethlisberger quickly announced that he would return for the 2018 season minutes after Pittsburgh's season-ending loss to the Jaguars in the AFC divisional round. Big Ben told 93.7 The Fan last month that he has only committed to playing in 2018 and will continue to evaluate his career on a yearly basis.

Roethlisberger enjoyed another strong season in 2017, throwing for 4,251 yards with 28 touchdowns against 14 interceptions last season. He became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose a playoff game despite throwing five touchdowns in Pittsburgh's 45-42 loss to the Jaguars. Roethlisberger is also top-10 all-time in career passing yards, completions and touchdown passes.

Big Ben, who will celebrate his 36th birthday next month, is trying to join Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw as the only quarterbacks in NFL history with at least three Super Bowl victories.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

StillerInCT wrote:
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Rooney-Ben-Roethlisberger-wants-to-play-beyond-the-2019-season-114814049

Also saw reported that Art II wants to extend him.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has every intention to be the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback going into the next decade.

Speaking to a handful of reporters on Wednesday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II confirmed that Big Ben wants to play beyond his current contract that is set to expire at the end of the 2019 season, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Rooney added that the Steelers will look to get Roethlisberger an extension before his current contract expires.

Rooney's announcement confirms what several players said shortly after the 2017 season came to an end with regard to Big Ben's future plans. Unlike the previous year, Roethlisberger quickly announced that he would return for the 2018 season minutes after Pittsburgh's season-ending loss to the Jaguars in the AFC divisional round. Big Ben told 93.7 The Fan last month that he has only committed to playing in 2018 and will continue to evaluate his career on a yearly basis.

Roethlisberger enjoyed another strong season in 2017, throwing for 4,251 yards with 28 touchdowns against 14 interceptions last season. He became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose a playoff game despite throwing five touchdowns in Pittsburgh's 45-42 loss to the Jaguars. Roethlisberger is also top-10 all-time in career passing yards, completions and touchdown passes.

Big Ben, who will celebrate his 36th birthday next month, is trying to join Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw as the only quarterbacks in NFL history with at least three Super Bowl victories.


LET THE GAMES BEGIN ASST COACH BEN

Author:  SteelThrillsseeker [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Hallelujah.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(I'm singing that in my head)

:D

Author:  BarryFoster [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

*cums

Author:  StillerInCT [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Interesting that all this happens after Haley is shown the door. I think it's obvious he and Ben had irreconcilable differences. I'd also say that it's most likely not all Haley's fault for that either.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

StillerInCT wrote:
Interesting that all this happens after Haley is shown the door. I think it's obvious he and Ben had irreconcilable differences. I'd also say that it's most likely not all Haley's fault for that either.


They tried to work it out, seems that once they resigned the wall up between Haley and Ben, with Fichtner, the stress seemed to go away.

Haley is a total idiot. Can't see his time in Cleveland proving results other than more stress

Author:  KC [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Ben better work on some serious conditioning.

...and quick.

Author:  bam morris [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

ben is suffering with bradyitus!! lol wants to play forever now.. :lol:

Author:  Poltargyst [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

So which is it?

A. Ben believes the Steelers can win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC.
B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019

Poltargyst wrote:
So which is it?

A. Ben believes the Steelers can win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC.
B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

C. Ben believes he’s so good that he will win another Super Bowl despite Tomlin.

Page 1 of 12 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/