It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.

Right, so it was Haley's fault he dropped all those passes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am 

#1 target in FA should be ILB Avery Williamson from the Titans. Not going to be able to address all of their needs in the draft, going to need at least one decent FA signing. Williamson runs well, excellent tackler, and is still young. Don't think he is going to break the bank, and he fills a huge need. Very productive 4 years with the Titans.

DEFENSIVE STATS
YEAR G TOTAL TKL AST SACKS
2014 16 79 51.0 28 3
2015 15 102 63.0 39 3.5
2016 16 104 73.0 31 2
2017 16 92 52.0 40 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am 

franco32 wrote:
Go back and watch our D during the Jags game....then tell me you want to spend $$ on offense.

I wouldn't put a penny towards the offense unless it is a RB to replace Bell or a TE.

Yeah, I was thinking about this last night. This offense put up 45 points on the best defense in the league- yet couldn't stop their one-dimensional offense with a sub-par QB on defense. Unless Sanders can magically prevent a strip sack and an INT- then he doesn't add enough to this offense that is overflowing with talent. If they get McDonald back its going to be crowded in the middle third of the field. And isnt JuJu what we wanted in Sanders only younger and hungrier?

Sanders is at this stage of his career that he has worked under 2 HOF QBs-- he could help a young good QB understand some of the nuances to make them great. I see him going to a place like Houston or Chicago- fit and money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.

Right, so it was Haley's fault he dropped all those passes.

He has always had a lower than average drop rate in his career. It’s only here st steelerfury that it’s an alternate universe where he’s a JAG.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am 

JackLambert58 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.

I've never really understood your love for him. He's been a "Steady Eddie" at best for Denver. When he was with the Steelers, he dropped many key passes that would have either won games or put them in position to win games.

He’s a steady Eddie who can beat man coverage and has about top 15-20 production the last 4 year, playing with shitty QBs. Never said he was AB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 am 

franco32 wrote:
Go back and watch our D during the Jags game....then tell me you want to spend $$ on offense.

I wouldn't put a penny towards the offense unless it is a RB to replace Bell or a TE.

Limited number of draft picks— more valuable than FA $$ in a way. If we don’t sign a FA WR who could be the #4, the. We’ll be spending a draft pick, most likely.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am 

Anyway I agree that Sanders a better fit elsewhere.

Before spending a lot of money on a FA ILB, bear in mind this draft is loaded at ILB and has few quality safeties.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Before spending a lot of money on a FA ILB, bear in mind this draft is loaded at ILB and has few quality safeties.

I sign one and draft one. Very thin at ILB and Vincenzo is in the final year of his deal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I sign one and draft one. Very thin at ILB and Vincenzo is in the final year of his deal.

I sign a value buy FA AND draft two. Dire situation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Can Porter and Olsavzky coach them up is the question.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next