It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm 

Has Fraudlin completely given up on Wilcox? He’s only 26 and with Mitchell’s cap hit next year can’t we give Wilcox a shot and dismiss Mitchell?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Replace MM with anyone, even Golden
Demote Burns, promote Sutton
Davis
Haden

Better already just making moves w what you already have

Now go get me some violent young men in the draft

They can replace players, cut players, sign and draft new players...they keep running the same old schemes and system, it won’t mean shit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm 

Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!

Should have set the over under at 10. 16 was way too high.

The Tomlin Tourette's is worse than I thought.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!

10??? Try 5, if you want to make it interesting. I’m still taking the under.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Ice wrote:

10??? Try 5, if you want to make it interesting. I’m still taking the under.

Are you guys for real?? X's or O's Jimmies or Joes...all goes back to the shades, or else go on pretending someone or something else is responsible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 pm 

So tell me all you experts where did all that pressure and sack record get this team? A participation trophy for pressures and sacks? Where was all that fucking pressure and all those sacks in the postseason? I'll wait....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 pm 

I'll play Steelafan77. Where does all that pressure and sacks get you? Nowhere if you are still predominantly playing zone coverage.

Remember how late in the year we got Haden back and he was matched up one on one with Hopkins and followed him no matter where he lined up?

Remember how they had the heavy man coverage game against NE? Imagine if Shazier was in that game and was able to make an impact in man coverage too?

Prior to those two games, the Steelers were playing the same old same old. Not flipping their CBs, and playing predominantly zone coverage something like 88% of the time. That is not going to work and I don't care how many sacks per game you have.

They need to get that man coverage of 12% closer to 40-50% and then the sacks and pressure will mean more and be more impactful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 pm 

It's also hard to get pressure/sacks when you can't stop the run. I do agree with the man defense Scunge. I also believe if there was another DLineman besides Alualu and Walton in the rotation would have been much more successful. McCullers is not returning and that roster spot needs filled. Preferably a player that does more than stand around on the sidelines in sweats.

Shea McClellin may be a cap casualty and could be good depth now that Moats is unlikely to return.
https://nesn.com/2018/02/ways-patriots- ... -cap-room/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm 

Quote:
A.J. McCarron has won his grievance against the Bengals and been awarded unrestricted free agency. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 335520002/
He'll get Paid!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 am 

Quote:
NFL teams are about to be bombarded with data that could change the way they scout opponents and evaluate free agents.

The NFL's Competition Committee recently signed off on a plan to release in-game player-tracking data on every NFL player to all 32 teams, and it's anticipated the league will begin releasing the data this spring, people with knowledge of the plan told NFL.com on Thursday. These people spoke on condition of anonymity because the plan had not yet been communicated to clubs, which had access to data only on their own players the past two seasons. The plan is to send league-wide data from 2016 and '17 to every team beginning in mid-April, and teams will receive the league-wide data on a weekly basis during the 2018 season, according to these sources.

While some NFL coaches and scouts remain skeptical of the value, access to league-wide data has "massive scouting potential," said an analyst for one NFL team that has been using the data. "More new metrics. Understanding if certain fields are slower or faster. Fatigue and injury prevention. Seeing which players are really explosive but maybe don't make plays because the scheme is bad."

The NFL has gathered the data since 2014 through tiny sensors in players' shoulder pads -- a partnership with Zebra Technologies that also generates the Next Gen Stats that networks have integrated into broadcasts.

Some teams have dedicated more resources to analyzing the data than others, and thus figure to get far more use out of the league-wide data. That has led to pushback in recent years from less-invested clubs about distributing any data because of the potential competitive impact. But after the Competition Committee's approval, the full data release is expected to proceed this year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-tracking
Hmmm....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next