It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
smithessmokin wrote:
I'll be very honest, I am not a big fan. I think he is being massively over-hyped. His tape isn't great and I think he appears stiff.


so when dud dupree leaves, this guy will fit right in, and we'll never know that dud left


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6427
smithessmokin wrote:
I'll be very honest, I am not a big fan. I think he is being massively over-hyped. His tape isn't great and I think he appears stiff.


I haven’t scrubbed tape on him yet. What’s your source of tape?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1194
I watched the following games of Leighton Vander Esch

2017

UVA
Washington State
Colorado State
Oregon

2016 you will struggle to find him.

My thoughts in mid Jan

Very Very soft at the point of attack
Horrible when engaged with a big
Medium size fish in a puddle sized pond
Not overly impressed in coverage
Slow feet
Takes false steps
Struggles to read blocking schemes
Zero explosion...He doesn't find and track
Plays tall/upright
Rarely beats a block

I would consider in round 6

Prefer Frank Ginda San Jose State
i

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15790
FC wrote:
I watched the following games of Leighton Vander Esch

2017

UVA
Washington State
Colorado State
Oregon

2016 you will struggle to find him.

My thoughts in mid Jan

Very Very soft at the point of attack
Horrible when engaged with a big
Medium size fish in a puddle sized pond
Not overly impressed in coverage
Slow feet
Takes false steps
Struggles to read blocking schemes
Zero explosion...He doesn't find and track
Plays tall/upright
Rarely beats a block

I would consider in round 6

Prefer Frank Ginda San Jose State
i

FC, my brother, you are really really good at rooting out inside LBs who can fight off a block and have good instincts/few false steps. However, we all have our challenges, and yours is trying to embrace the new style NFL LB... the guy who might not be able to beat a block but he can run and he can cover TEs and RBs and WRs. I 100% agree that the characteristics you look for are really important and pretty rare; but a guy who is above the line as a run defender AND has great coverage skills beyond going to the flat with an RB or slow footed TE... those guys are INCREDIBLY rare... and we're currently trying to replace one that took two years to develop into that guy.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Lynch wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Wonder how high school stats can be used to gauge pro careers......


I dunno, but I can tell you one thing. I was one HECK of a good football player in jr high school.


That's what happens when you get held back 5 years in a row...


Lol... I WAS UNSTOPPABLE!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1194
B2B my brother if you don't have a way to stop the run than pass coverage is meaningless.

Just to be clear I think LVE sucks.

He sucks against the run...He sucks in coverage.

Best comp I've seen


_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Oh, Gawd, the Big Kat. Hey, pretty good college player, at least. Nothing like stirring up the ghosts of the John Pooper Era to lure a Buckeye fan back to the main board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6533
Ice wrote:
Oh, Gawd, the Big Kat. Hey, pretty good college player, at least. Nothing like stirring up the ghosts of the John Pooper Era to lure a Buckeye fan back to the main board.

COOOOP !!! :mrgreen:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Jobus Rum wrote:
Ice wrote:
Oh, Gawd, the Big Kat. Hey, pretty good college player, at least. Nothing like stirring up the ghosts of the John Pooper Era to lure a Buckeye fan back to the main board.

COOOOP !!! :mrgreen:


Couldn't beat *ichigan to save his life. The Lloyd Carr of Ohio State University football.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiper Mock 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5371
I'm not going to lie. He has a little stiffness to him. But that could be a partial illusion due to his long arms and length. I will say he didn't look stiff at all dropping into zone and locating crossers. As I've always said about ILB. If you're getting engaged by OL coming off clean in a 1 on 1 situation, well, you can probably count on 1 hand the number of ILBs that can regularly defeat that and look good doing it in the last decade.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group