It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 pm 

And let's say Bryant is an R4 comp 2 yrs from now vs. an R3 (at best) this year. You're talking 50/50 picks and not really much difference in the value.

But he can DEFINITELY contribute this year. It's a free option, and if he really balls they might even consider an RFA tender. I can't see a logical reason to take less than an early R3 in value for the guy....and that seems very unlikely to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:55 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Are you fucking retarded man? Seriously, how many yards were thrown for against jax??? Ya think Bryant may have had something to do with that?

Now contrast that offensive playoff performance with the one using hamilton, coates, etc... See any differences there?

Sorry, I didn't see Bryant really do ALL that much against Jax. Funny how everybody wants Vance McDonald gone but he led the team that day in catches with 10, 10 catches for 112 yards. Ben targeted him the most that game as well.

Now that Vance McDonald and Ben have a full offseason to work together you could see McDonald approach a 1,000 yards receiving. You will probably have JuJu as a 1,000 WR, Brown, obviously over 1,000. Bryant will in all likelihood find himself on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs more and more.

Trade him now and get some value, even if it is too move up in a round. Some of our best players have come by moving up in the 1st or 2nd round. We moved up to get Chad Brown, to get Casey Hampton, to get Troy Polamalu, to get Santonio Holmes. We can't afford to trade one of our 3rd round picks to move up but to use Bryant? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

You don't think he ran coverage off McDonald/Bell some?

....and this year, do you not think brown juju and bryant will be on the field at least 66.6% of the time?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 am 

If there's a chance a team like the Packers [example] want to trade straight up for Bryant and the Steelers net Clinton-Dix, I do that deal yesterday. I know as it stands now the value leans towards keeping Bryant on this offense. As we found out last season it doesn't matter if you are loaded at WR. The fact that your defense can't stop the opponent from scoring more points than your offense is the bigger problem. That is where I've been coming from the whole time. I really dig this debate it's gotten good. Kodiak, 95, stosh even lynch have had some great points. I'm still leaning on the side of trading Bryant in the right scenario. Not gonna change my mind. Probably a good thing I don't make these choices for real. :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm 

Curious, does anyone see the value of Bryant to the Steelers (not necessarily his trade value) diminished by the potential change to the pass interference rules? Assuming The pass interference rules change it seems like it tips the scales a little more towards trade if a trade can fill a clear need.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:53 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
If there's a chance a team like the Packers [example] want to trade straight up for Bryant and the Steelers net Clinton-Dix, I do that deal yesterday. I know as it stands now the value leans towards keeping Bryant on this offense. As we found out last season it doesn't matter if you are loaded at WR. The fact that your defense can't stop the opponent from scoring more points than your offense is the bigger problem. That is where I've been coming from the whole time. I really dig this debate it's gotten good. Kodiak, 95, stosh even lynch have had some great points. I'm still leaning on the side of trading Bryant in the right scenario. Not gonna change my mind. Probably a good thing I don't make these choices for real. :geek:

I’m with ya, 77. The key words are “right scenario”. I don’t think anyone is saying trade him for a draft pick just to get rid of him. But if you can trade him for a player that helps the defense, right now, then it should be strongly considered.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:48 pm 

Colbert said today that they weren't looking to trade him, so take that for what it's worth I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 pm 

To put this discussion to Bed....

Quote:
@dlolley_pgh
Kevin Colbert just said the #Steelers are not interested in trading Martavis Bryant and have not called anyone. Said they have gotten calls but have said they aren't interested in trading him. https://twitter.com/dlolley_pgh/status/ ... 9414815744

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:20 pm 

I don't think anybody on this board wants McDonald gone, but it is amazing how many stories I have read on other sites, other media that want us to cut McDonald to save cap space.

I watched Bryant disappear last season for the most part. I even predicted that he wouldn't set the world on fire coming back from suspension which is the reason why I was wishing the Steelers would spend a 2nd round pick on a WR last draft. When they drafted JuJu my prayers were answered.

Now the narrative is that Bryant in the last year of his contract and is just going to explode and have his best year ever!!! With JuJu and McDonald on board now it just seems less likely.

I don't know, let me put it this way. The draft has started the Buffalo Bills are on the clock. They have two back to back picks with the 21st and 22nd.

The Steelers are picking 28. Tremaine Edmunds somehow has not been picked and is available. Derwin James likewise is still available. Colbert calls Buffalo and says hey you willing to move down 6 spots? We are offering Bryant, no picks just Bryant.

Buffalo is looking for a WR, and all they have to do is move down 6 spots to pick him up? Why wouldn't they make that trade?

And how many on this board would not just trade Bryant for Edmunds or James?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I don't think anybody on this board wants McDonald gone, but it is amazing how many stories I have read on other sites, other media that want us to cut McDonald to save cap space.

I watched Bryant disappear last season for the most part. I even predicted that he wouldn't set the world on fire coming back from suspension which is the reason why I was wishing the Steelers would spend a 2nd round pick on a WR last draft. When they drafted JuJu my prayers were answered.

Now the narrative is that Bryant in the last year of his contract and is just going to explode and have his best year ever!!! With JuJu and McDonald on board now it just seems less likely.

I don't know, let me put it this way. The draft has started the Buffalo Bills are on the clock. They have two back to back picks with the 21st and 22nd.

The Steelers are picking 28. Tremaine Edmunds somehow has not been picked and is available. Derwin James likewise is still available. Colbert calls Buffalo and says hey you willing to move down 6 spots? We are offering Bryant, no picks just Bryant.

Buffalo is looking for a WR, and all they have to do is move down 6 spots to pick him up? Why wouldn't they make that trade?

And how many on this board would not just trade Bryant for Edmunds or James?

Well for one you're not trading Bryant for Edmunds or James, you are also giving up a 1st round pick with that. I'll take my chances with Bryant and the 1st rounder.

We need 3 starting caliber WRs in case of injury, we saw that Bryant was pretty valuable when Brown was out this year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:42 pm 

I would Scunge but I'm sure you already know that. Especially Derwin James. The Mel Blount of safeties.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next