It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
R S wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:
maybe just become a Ravens fan purely for the personal convenience


I’d feel dirty doing such a thing. Couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it.

That is almost like saying you’d fuck your sister for personal convenience now that mom & dad are divorced. Yuk.


Nick is thinking.........


No, not the same at all. I don't watch the Steelers FOR the Steelers, I watch them for me, I'd still want an NFL game to focus on every Sunday, even if the Steelers stopped existing. So it would make sense to just pick the local team for convenience. It is a pain in the ass being the enemy fan in the wrong town. I've become a soccer fan in recent years too. I enjoy Baltimore Blast indoor soccer, if Pittsburgh suddenly got a team in that league, no way in hell would I be a Pittsburgh fan. Pittsburgh has the Riverhounds soccer team in the USL, Baltimore is getting an expansion team in that league, I plan to be a Baltimore fan rooting against Pittsburgh. I grew up in Pittsburgh, and the Steelers are just so good, if the Steelers had been like the Lions for instance, I might be a Ravens fan now. There are people like from Detroit for example living here, they just say fuck it and become Ravens fans for the convenience of it and feel like they aren't missing anything not rooting for their hometown Lions anymore, whereas if I quit on the Steelers, I'd miss a lot of good stuff-plus there are a lot of Steelers bars here if I want a convenient social outing. I LIVE HERE 26 years, not Pittsburgh, I remember in the '90s, Baltimore was going for an expansion team, Carolina and Jax got the teams. I was going to get season tickets at that time. Like if the Baltimore team had been in the NFC East or something, I would have gotten tickets and become a fan, along with the Steelers. JUST BECAUSE FOR MY SELFISH REASONS I wanted tickets to a team close to my home. But when the Ravens came and they where the old Browns and in the Steelers division, I couldn't get into that. But I do know at least 2-3 Pittsburgh natives who became Ravens fans because they just wanted a team near their home to have season tickets to, just for selfish convenience, and I don't blame them really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am
Posts: 22
Never watch the Steelers again as long as I lived....Hang a Browns Flag outside of my office after I destroyed the Steeler flag and buy season tickets for the Browns, which would probably cost around $50.00. Also, to be consistent with the lifestyle on the Left Coast, I'm sure the name of the team would be changed to The Los Angeles Trees or something like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
Nick, are you trying to say you're SELFISH ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1637
You can’t export NY bagels, cheesesteaks, bread from Paris etc. No way you could export and/or transplant the Steelers. It would die on the vine. It is the shitty weather and low average average sunshine in WPA that puts everyone in a certain mood, and that mood translates to great football or a certain type of football.

Even if the Rooney’s wanted to they could not. There would be no business model that would allow the owner’s in good conscience to vote for that move. If they did it would be during an expansion year and Pittsburgh would be the expansion city.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4645
R S wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:
maybe just become a Ravens fan purely for the personal convenience


I’d feel dirty doing such a thing. Couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it.

That is almost like saying you’d fuck your sister for personal convenience now that mom & dad are divorced. Yuk.


Nick is thinking.........


Dangerous, huh?

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
R S wrote:
Nick, are you trying to say you're SELFISH ?


Who do you watch Steelers games for? The Rooneys? Mean Joe? The people of Pittsburgh? No, it's just something you enjoy doing as an activity for yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
Nick79 wrote:
R S wrote:
Nick, are you trying to say you're SELFISH ?


Who do you watch Steelers games for? The Rooneys? Mean Joe? The people of Pittsburgh? No, it's just something you enjoy doing as an activity for yourself.


I've always rooted for the geographical teams to where I grew up. People who live in PA but root for the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys are idiots. I still live close enough to go to games and feel and see that buzz when the Steelers are in the playoffs or doing well. If the team moved, i'd focus on college football more, glance at some scores in the NFL until Pittsburgh got another team. Would you be a Pirates fan if they became the Oklahoma City Pirates?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6497
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
R S wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
R S wrote:
Nick, are you trying to say you're SELFISH ?


Who do you watch Steelers games for? The Rooneys? Mean Joe? The people of Pittsburgh? No, it's just something you enjoy doing as an activity for yourself.


I've always rooted for the geographical teams to where I grew up. People who live in PA but root for the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys are idiots. I still live close enough to go to games and feel and see that buzz when the Steelers are in the playoffs or doing well. If the team moved, i'd focus on college football more, glance at some scores in the NFL until Pittsburgh got another team. Would you be a Pirates fan if they became the Oklahoma City Pirates?


What if said idiot who is a Laker fan lives in PA but is originally from Orange County, CA? Likewise idiot Yankee fan from Yonkers but lives in Monroeville?

I've spent the majority of my life in New England, but root for all the Pittsburgh teams with the exception of my hometown Celtics because my dad's side of the family are all from the Fairmont, West Virginia, area which is Pittsburgh sports country.

Okay, one caveat, I'm pretty much done with the fucking Pirates although I'll always love the old Pirates - Clemente, Stargell, Teke, Haddix, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
R S wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
R S wrote:
Nick, are you trying to say you're SELFISH ?


Who do you watch Steelers games for? The Rooneys? Mean Joe? The people of Pittsburgh? No, it's just something you enjoy doing as an activity for yourself.


I've always rooted for the geographical teams to where I grew up. People who live in PA but root for the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys are idiots. I still live close enough to go to games and feel and see that buzz when the Steelers are in the playoffs or doing well. If the team moved, i'd focus on college football more, glance at some scores in the NFL until Pittsburgh got another team. Would you be a Pirates fan if they became the Oklahoma City Pirates?


But I moved 4 hours away 26 years ago. Pittsburgh remained my team in every sport though. So it's not about where I live anymore. If Steelers left Pittsburgh, I'd have to think about it? I'd consider becoming a Ravens fan just out of convenience. Pirates? They have taught me something, they've taught me that I've always been a Pirates fan and not a baseball fan, the only baseball playoff games I've watched in the last 30 years are games the Pirates where in, in that time I may have watched 2-3 World Series games total, I just realized I hate baseball. But truth is, it's ALL ABOUT ME, I just want a team to follow and if the Steelers where somehow out of the picture, I'd pick another one, probably based on convenience. Now that's for football, for baseball, I've quit being a fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am
Posts: 22
LakeCrest is right on the money. There is a short list of teams in the NFL that will never be moved. Our guys who play football at The Forks of the Ohio, the Bears, the Giants and the Packers. Everyone else is up for grabs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
JackLambert58 wrote:
What if said idiot who is a Laker fan lives in PA but is originally from Orange County, CA? Likewise idiot Yankee fan from Yonkers but lives in Monroeville?

I've spent the majority of my life in New England, but root for all the Pittsburgh teams with the exception of my hometown Celtics because my dad's side of the family are all from the Fairmont, West Virginia, area which is Pittsburgh sports country.

Okay, one caveat, I'm pretty much done with the fucking Pirates although I'll always love the old Pirates - Clemente, Stargell, Teke, Haddix, etc.


For clarity, I should have wrote "those born and raised in PA". Also, idiots was a strong word. Let's just say they deserve a head shake.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
R S wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
What if said idiot who is a Laker fan lives in PA but is originally from Orange County, CA? Likewise idiot Yankee fan from Yonkers but lives in Monroeville?

I've spent the majority of my life in New England, but root for all the Pittsburgh teams with the exception of my hometown Celtics because my dad's side of the family are all from the Fairmont, West Virginia, area which is Pittsburgh sports country.

Okay, one caveat, I'm pretty much done with the fucking Pirates although I'll always love the old Pirates - Clemente, Stargell, Teke, Haddix, etc.


For clarity, I should have wrote "those born and raised in PA". Also, idiots was a strong word. Let's just say they deserve a head shake.


What's wrong with a Lakers fan who grew up in Pittsburgh? I grew up as a Chicago Bulls fan in the '70s, we never had a pro basketball team in Western PA. So if you don't have a team, you're open to choose any team. We did have the ABA for a couple years, but it was never on TV, they never gave you a chance to like them or even see them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14256
Times Must be good there in Pittsburgh. Upgrading the football experience for fans. I'm sure it won't be reflected in ticket prices or the concessions prices, right? :P
Quote:
Steelers planning $2.5M expansion of Bud Light Pub 33 at Heinz Field http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/133 ... einz-field


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:56 pm
Posts: 7
It would speak to the values of the organization and league. I’m not a Raiders fan but even the idea of moving them to Vegas seems offensive to me.

Cities like Green Bay, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas Oakland and Pittsburgh all have teams so symbolize their cities, it hurts the game when theygo else or the prospect of getting a free stadium. If The Steelers left, I’d be done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would you do if the Steelers moved to LA?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4929
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Steelafan77 wrote:
Times Must be good there in Pittsburgh. Upgrading the football experience for fans. I'm sure it won't be reflected in ticket prices or the concessions prices, right? :P
Quote:
Steelers planning $2.5M expansion of Bud Light Pub 33 at Heinz Field http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/133 ... einz-field


Dilly, dilly.

Shame the pub isn't dedicated to a beer that doesn't taste like watered down horse piss.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alancac98, bigfame, FC, Hinestuff, stillthere, the-other-burg, Will-the-Shake and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group