It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm 

Quote:
After refusing his trade request during the 2017 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers are open to moving wide receiver Martavis Bryant.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported the Steelers aren't "shopping" Bryant but are "listening" to inquiries from other teams.

Bryant, 26, recorded 50 receptions for 603 yards and three touchdowns in 2017.

Discuss-

Colbert's track record in trades is not great so not sure I like this, but they have been damn good finding WR's in the draft.

Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 pm 

Move Bryant plus a draft pick if need be an get a replacement for Shazier...and sign Terelle Pryor as Bryants replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:46 pm 

A few of us commented on this possibility in the other thread.

He's just not bringing anything close to replacing the value he has to the team. And if he blows up this year, then you're talking an R3 comp pick.

So if you're PIT, why take anything less than an R3 pick for him? And there's too much risk and baggage to be worth an R3 to any other team. His trade "demand" probably only lowers potential offers that much more.

Colbert probably just saying this so he can tell Bryant he tried.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

Unless somebody is giving up a first round pick or a good starting FS or ILB I’m not listening.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:02 pm 

SP wrote:
Unless somebody is giving up a first round pick or a good starting FS or ILB I’m not listening.

I'd take an R2.....but realistically I don't see anyone offering better than an R4 or R5.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm 

I proposed on this board trading JuJu and keeping MB. Maybe we need to hit the breaks on all of this considering the apparent wide receiver whisperer, Mann retired, and see how his replacement pans out.

Getting rid of Kirby was a big deal in the RB department, in my opinion; a big positive. Hopefully, the retirement of Mann isn’t a big negative.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm 

i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo

If you look at his body of work last year, it was middling. He basically lost his job to a 2nd round rookie.
He's 1 year from being a FA - that's the biggest hit on his trade value.
He was unhappy, sulked and asked for a trade. That kind of thing generally doesn't get teams excited.
He's one failed test away from 16+ game suspension.

An R4 would actually be a pretty generous offer. Since some on this board have [laughably] compared him to Moss, do you remember what Moss got in a trade with NE? And he didn't have quite the same amount of baggage, and FAR more accomplished.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:12 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

If you look at his body of work last year, it was middling. He basically lost his job to a 2nd round rookie.
He's 1 year from being a FA - that's the biggest hit on his trade value.
He was unhappy, sulked and asked for a trade. That kind of thing generally doesn't get teams excited.
He's one failed test away from 16+ game suspension.

An R4 would actually be a pretty generous offer. Since some on this board have [laughably] compared him to Moss, do you remember what Moss got in a trade with NE? And he didn't have quite the same amount of baggage, and FAR more accomplished.

He has Moss like traits not that hes ever put those skills to use and on display for anywhere near a full season. Classic tease player. I'd take a 3rd and or add something to him and get a ready to play ILB replacement for Shaz.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
He has Moss like traits not that hes ever put those skills to use and on display for anywhere near a full season. Classic tease player. I'd take a 3rd and or add something to him and get a ready to play ILB replacement for Shaz.

The point was Moss was in a similar situation - unhappy & problematic, last year of his contract....and he got an R4. Another relatively decent comp is Santonio Holmes got an R5.

There's always the chance of finding a sucker, unfortunately the people who think Bryant is worth more than a R4 or R5 aren't making those deals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next