It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4726
Quote:
After refusing his trade request during the 2017 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers are open to moving wide receiver Martavis Bryant.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported the Steelers aren't "shopping" Bryant but are "listening" to inquiries from other teams.

Bryant, 26, recorded 50 receptions for 603 yards and three touchdowns in 2017.


Discuss-

Colbert's track record in trades is not great so not sure I like this, but they have been damn good finding WR's in the draft.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9291
Move Bryant plus a draft pick if need be an get a replacement for Shazier...and sign Terelle Pryor as Bryants replacement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
A few of us commented on this possibility in the other thread.

He's just not bringing anything close to replacing the value he has to the team. And if he blows up this year, then you're talking an R3 comp pick.

So if you're PIT, why take anything less than an R3 pick for him? And there's too much risk and baggage to be worth an R3 to any other team. His trade "demand" probably only lowers potential offers that much more.

Colbert probably just saying this so he can tell Bryant he tried.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3149
Unless somebody is giving up a first round pick or a good starting FS or ILB I’m not listening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
SP wrote:
Unless somebody is giving up a first round pick or a good starting FS or ILB I’m not listening.


I'd take an R2.....but realistically I don't see anyone offering better than an R4 or R5.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1660
I proposed on this board trading JuJu and keeping MB. Maybe we need to hit the breaks on all of this considering the apparent wide receiver whisperer, Mann retired, and see how his replacement pans out.

Getting rid of Kirby was a big deal in the RB department, in my opinion; a big positive. Hopefully, the retirement of Mann isn’t a big negative.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9291
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
GreekSteel wrote:
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo


If you look at his body of work last year, it was middling. He basically lost his job to a 2nd round rookie.
He's 1 year from being a FA - that's the biggest hit on his trade value.
He was unhappy, sulked and asked for a trade. That kind of thing generally doesn't get teams excited.
He's one failed test away from 16+ game suspension.

An R4 would actually be a pretty generous offer. Since some on this board have [laughably] compared him to Moss, do you remember what Moss got in a trade with NE? And he didn't have quite the same amount of baggage, and FAR more accomplished.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9291
Kodiak wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo


If you look at his body of work last year, it was middling. He basically lost his job to a 2nd round rookie.
He's 1 year from being a FA - that's the biggest hit on his trade value.
He was unhappy, sulked and asked for a trade. That kind of thing generally doesn't get teams excited.
He's one failed test away from 16+ game suspension.

An R4 would actually be a pretty generous offer. Since some on this board have [laughably] compared him to Moss, do you remember what Moss got in a trade with NE? And he didn't have quite the same amount of baggage, and FAR more accomplished.




He has Moss like traits not that hes ever put those skills to use and on display for anywhere near a full season. Classic tease player. I'd take a 3rd and or add something to him and get a ready to play ILB replacement for Shaz.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
GreekSteel wrote:
He has Moss like traits not that hes ever put those skills to use and on display for anywhere near a full season. Classic tease player. I'd take a 3rd and or add something to him and get a ready to play ILB replacement for Shaz.


The point was Moss was in a similar situation - unhappy & problematic, last year of his contract....and he got an R4. Another relatively decent comp is Santonio Holmes got an R5.

There's always the chance of finding a sucker, unfortunately the people who think Bryant is worth more than a R4 or R5 aren't making those deals.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9291
Kodiak wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
He has Moss like traits not that hes ever put those skills to use and on display for anywhere near a full season. Classic tease player. I'd take a 3rd and or add something to him and get a ready to play ILB replacement for Shaz.


The point was Moss was in a similar situation - unhappy & problematic, last year of his contract....and he got an R4. Another relatively decent comp is Santonio Holmes got an R5.

There's always the chance of finding a sucker, unfortunately the people who think Bryant is worth more than a R4 or R5 aren't making those deals.




you missed the part about adding something (draft pick) to the deal from our part


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
GreekSteel wrote:
you missed the part about adding something (draft pick) to the deal from our part


Players with 1-yr left on their deal have very little value, virtually none with all the other baggage he has. You'd take an R3 - I'm sure PIT would, too, but no one is giving that up.

I think it's pure fantasy that he has trade value to bring anything remotely significant - he has red flags all over the place, and simply wasn't very good last year.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4324
Aren’t we trying to win a Super Bowl in 2018 or are we simply looking down the road?

MB makes his offense better. Especially with the emergence of JuJu. Now we have a solid 1 & 2 with a huge physical matchup behind those two.

Yes I realize his performance was up and down.

Maybe the new OC will be able to correct some of that.

Remember the 4th down miracle TD Bryant had against Jville. That’s what he brings. We just need to figure out how to get hat more.

I don’t want a stinking 3rd rounder. I want a SB. And MB makes our offense more dangerous and difficult to defend.

We will get that 3rd anyways if he balls out for a contract and leaves.

If he wants out of Pitt sulking and playing like shit isn’t the way to accomplish it.

You’d think at the least his agent would be tell No him to get right for this season as a big payday could be on the other side of it.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1174
955876 wrote:
Aren’t we trying to win a Super Bowl in 2018 or are we simply looking down the road?

MB makes his offense better. Especially with the emergence of JuJu. Now we have a solid 1 & 2 with a huge physical matchup behind those two.

Yes I realize his performance was up and down.

Maybe the new OC will be able to correct some of that.

Remember the 4th down miracle TD Bryant had against Jville. That’s what he brings. We just need to figure out how to get hat more.

I don’t want a stinking 3rd rounder. I want a SB. And MB makes our offense more dangerous and difficult to defend.

We will get that 3rd anyways if he balls out for a contract and leaves.

If he wants out of Pitt sulking and playing like shit isn’t the way to accomplish it.

You’d think at the least his agent would be tell him to get right for this season as a big payday could be on the other side of it.


You would think, right. Maybe it's too much logic and too much work for his agent to tell him to shut up and ball out and he will get a big payday. At the same time he should tell him that remaining a problem , sulking, and milling around on the field will get him a job at the local grocery store!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1152
GreekSteel wrote:
Move Bryant plus a draft pick if need be an get a replacement for Shazier...and sign Terelle Pryor as Bryants replacement.


There we go with terrelle never done shit Pryor. Unreal on this board with this dude.

Just because Bryant wasn't used enough doesn't mean you can replace his skills with some lackey.....because all it takes is using Bryant right. Not like he hasn't shown the ability.

So people want to readily trade Bryant and let Bell walk. Why? Because the great, proven Randy "Tomlin's Friend" Fichtner is going to be the OC and he won't need the weapons?

And you want to trade him now? After a statistically poor season? Thought you were supposed to sell high.

The team is not going to be so relatively injury free ever again, in all likelihood. Keep the guys that can beat their opponent....we don't know if we have someone that can scheme guys open. Save me the unproven 2 point BS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
alancac98 wrote:
955876 wrote:
You’d think at the least his agent would be tell him to get right for this season as a big payday could be on the other side of it.


You would think, right. Maybe it's too much logic and too much work for his agent to tell him to shut up and ball out and he will get a big payday. At the same time he should tell him that remaining a problem , sulking, and milling around on the field will get him a job at the local grocery store!



Yeah, it's a REALLY bad idea for Bryant to leave one of the best QB's, and THE best deep ball thrower, in the league in a contract year.

His agent needs to sit him down and tell him basically "look, if you get traded to CLE or MIA you're getting fucked out of millions".

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4726
It’s interesting..... a possibility of losing Bell and Bryant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
Suwanee88 wrote:
It’s interesting..... a possibility of losing Bell and Bryant.


Unless Tombert gets really stupid, there's ZERO reason those guys aren't both Steelers in 2018.

Although letting Bell walk and signing Hyde is an interesting idea....although a fair bit of risk that you can actually land Hyde. How does that logic work - overpay a lesser RB a little less and that improves your team how?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4726
It’s interesting..... a possibility of losing Bell and Bryant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1605
Kodiak wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
It’s interesting..... a possibility of losing Bell and Bryant.


Unless Tombert gets really stupid, there's ZERO reason those guys aren't both Steelers in 2018.

Although letting Bell walk and signing Hyde is an interesting idea....although a fair bit of risk that you can actually land Hyde. How does that logic work - overpay a lesser RB a little less and that improves your team how?

The idea of losing Bell and signing Hyde and say someone like Eric Reid (or a top-tier ILB) for maybe less than what Bell wants is intriguing to me.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
SP wrote:
Unless somebody is giving up a first round pick or a good starting FS or ILB I’m not listening.

This^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1972
One thing that I wish teams would do more of is just swap picks. You want Bryant but don't want to really give up a pick? Fine.

Just trade down from your first round pick to our first round pick, or from your 2nd round pick to our 2nd round pick.

That would be huge to go from 28 all the way to say, 10-15? That area of the first round is where you can find impact players, Pro Bowl players, HOF caliber players.

The same for the 2nd round, to go from the end of the round to the say picks 32-45? Huge. There are many first round type of prospects that are passed over and taken in that area too.

I would trade Bryant just to move up dramatically in either the 1st or 2nd rounds. I am talking 15 spots dramatic.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
Scunge wrote:
The same for the 2nd round, to go from the end of the round to the say picks 32-45? Huge.


And the values reflect that. To move up 20 spots in the second round to #40 is worth slightly more than a mid-R3.....which is more than Bryant is worth in a trade. When you realize a more realistic value for Bryant is moving up 15 spots in R3, then you start to see how foolish and unlikely it is to trade him.

I don't like it. I really don't think your odds are all that much better early in R2 than later - you have to pick wisely. All the picks are generally pretty dicey after the first half of R1. Colbert has traditionaly done very well in the first two rounds....a lot of other teams not so much.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
I'll take a starter Safety or ILB for Bryant right now. No picks. No trades of picks. Players straight up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9903
Do not trade this fucking guy. Are you kidding me?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AirRescueFF, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], StillerDownSouth and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group