It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3750
Do we go after him live we don't care? Do we give a shit?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4249
he to small for safety ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6849
steelmann58 wrote:
he to small for safety ?


Pretty sure despite his small frame, he has been a starter in arizona for some time.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 666
BarryFoster wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
he to small for safety ?


Pretty sure despite his small frame, he has been a starter in arizona for some time.


Also an All Pro DB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9296
He’s good. Would dramatically improve this defense in an instant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1232
He was not as good after injuries but still effective. They wanted to work out a reduced pay but I guess I wasn't having it.

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11752
Granted, Honey Badger + Hyde would cost more than Bell in the long-run, but way more value.

Bell was one of my favorite players, but personally I would enjoy making the call to rescind the tag.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4249
see like Cam Hayward wants to speak to him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11752
Problem is....PIT is eyeing Cam Sutton for that spot.

Now maybe Cam could instead relegate Burns to competing with Allen for dime back. Unfortunately, Badger would only solidify a position PIT has pegged a young, talented (and cheaper) guy for.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:14 pm
Posts: 106
Kodiak wrote:
Problem is....PIT is eyeing Cam Sutton for that spot.

Now maybe Cam could instead relegate Burns to competing with Allen for dime back. Unfortunately, Badger would only solidify a position PIT has pegged a young, talented (and cheaper) guy for.


You may be right Kodiak. However, they have had their immediate eyes on Justin Reid and Jessie Bates over the course of the last few weeks.
Both got full staff interviews at the combine and Bates was taken to dinner by the staff before his pro day.
Guaranteeing KC and MT are on hand to watch Reid in Palo Alto during his pro day.
Lots of smoke here....we'll see I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4054
Kodiak wrote:
Problem is....PIT is eyeing Cam Sutton for that spot.


I don't really buy that at all. Don't trust the local beat crew at all with any sort of real insight or breaking news for this team. Sutton will be competing for the 1B CB spot next to Haden next year.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 805
He wouldn't take a 3M shave off his 11M compensation for 2018 for Arizona. What makes you think he would take a haircut for the Steelers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5555
Steelergenie wrote:
He wouldn't take a 3M shave off his 11M compensation for 2018 for Arizona. What makes you think he would take a haircut for the Steelers.


could sign him to a new deal, cap friendly the first couple years while Ben is still around. .....he may want to play for a SB contender,

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 805
He said that the money isn't important RS, that he wants to play for a contender. But rarely does the player his age sign for much less. The Giants are eying him.

R S wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
He wouldn't take a 3M shave off his 11M compensation for 2018 for Arizona. What makes you think he would take a haircut for the Steelers.


could sign him to a new deal, cap friendly the first couple years while Ben is still around. .....he may want to play for a SB contender,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11752
Steelergenie wrote:
He said that the money isn't important RS, that he wants to play for a contender. But rarely does the player his age sign for much less. The Giants are eying him.


NYG are a dumpster fire.

But, honestly, I've always wondered why teams like NY, Chicago, LA, etc...don't often get discounts, because with that kind of coin and a 20-something pro athlete I'd love to live in those cities....vs GB?!? But maybe it's the opposite and serious players figure less distractions during the year, then if they want they can live in one of those cities in the offseason.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16585
Mathieu is only a fit for the Steelers in the role Will Gay was playing: a dime DB/joker or as a backup to Hilton, who I think is a better fit as slot DB. It would be an expensive piece to add, considering the other needs and the pricetag.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11752
TB wrote:
I don't really buy that at all. Don't trust the local beat crew at all with any sort of real insight or breaking news for this team. Sutton will be competing for the 1B CB spot next to Haden next year.


I doubt that they are as low on Burns as we are. They have a gaping hole at safety, and looking at a guy with some talent and wondering how to get him on the field.

You're thinking two dogs, one bone with Cam and Burns. They're trying to figure out how to get BOTH on the field. You can disagree, but I think they experimented with Gay at safety last year because they were trying to get the best talent on the field.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
Last year was the first time the Honey Badger finished all 16 games. He is not currently the player they drafted and he is trending down- not an ideal Steeler FA pick up. They drafted Budda Baker to replace him and they feel good enough about that to let him go. He reminds me of Troy late in his career in that you hold your breath every time he makes a tackle- because he might not get up.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 805
The Steelers will draft a S but I doubt he would be ready for the season. Yikes, Mitchell is starting to float towards the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am
Posts: 227
Kodiak wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
He said that the money isn't important RS, that he wants to play for a contender. But rarely does the player his age sign for much less. The Giants are eying him.


NYG are a dumpster fire.

But, honestly, I've always wondered why teams like NY, Chicago, LA, etc...don't often get discounts, because with that kind of coin and a 20-something pro athlete I'd love to live in those cities....vs GB?!? But maybe it's the opposite and serious players figure less distractions during the year, then if they want they can live in one of those cities in the offseason.


Players already take a discount to play in many of those cities. It’s called Taxes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9153
Quote:
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann Mathieu reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources tell ESPN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 666
@AdamSchefter

Compensation update: Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann “Honeybadger” Mathieu is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Houston Texans, per source.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4249
One year deal guess he was not interested in Cam texts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9296
Goddamn did Tomlin fucking blow it this year. He’s such a dipshit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16585
Orangesteel wrote:
Goddamn did Tomlin fucking blow it this year. He’s such a dipshit.

Tomlin? Are you being serious?

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Almighty Slacker, CzechSteeler, DP39, JackLambert58, jbattenhouse, Jobus Rum, Majestic-12 [Bot], Pabst, PittWest, seabs926, StillerDownSouth, stillevil, the-other-burg and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group