It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell to be tagged tomorrow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 am 

Fraudlin’s responsibility lies with the team, not any individual player. Bell’s conduct over the years has been really selfish, me first, make a rap song, yada yada. One week he sounds like a great teammate, the next week he sounds like a dickbag.

It’s no mystery that I don’t like Fraudlin’s coaching style. I don’t like that he seems to defer to the players “Le’veon Is gonna be Le’veon”. He needs to be less of the “cool parent” to these guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:52 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Fraudlin’s responsibility lies with the team, not any individual player. Bell’s conduct over the years has been really selfish, me first, make a rap song, yada yada. One week he sounds like a great teammate, the next week he sounds like a dickbag.

It’s no mystery that I don’t like Fraudlin’s coaching style. I don’t like that he seems to defer to the players “Le’veon Is gonna be Le’veon”. He needs to be less of the “cool parent” to these guys.

What if it's in the interest of the team to make his insecure RB feel like the Coach believes in him 100%.

I swear, either the lot of you have never managed people in your life or your managing skills are highly questionable. It may be that Bell needs a father figure to set him straight, and it may be that he needs someone to believe in him, and it may well be that he needs both and not necessarily from the same person.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:34 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I swear, either the lot of you have never managed people in your life or your managing skills are highly questionable. It may be that Bell needs a father figure to set him straight, and it may be that he needs someone to believe in him, and it may well be that he needs both and not necessarily from the same person.

I would NEVER go to an employee and tell them "if it were up to me, I'd give you a blank check" or anything that encourages them to demand a raise or find a better offer elsewhere. That's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Nothing wrong with telling Bell you believe in him or however you let him know. But there are WRONG ways to do it, and Dumblin chose the wrong way.

It's also really stupid because everyone knows Tomlin DOES have a role in these negotiations. He does have the ear of Colbert, so when he says "I'd give you a blank check", that's a HORRIBLE negotiating tactic....unless you're Bell or his agent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 pm 

A grown man should never need a father figure to set himself straight. Give advice? Sure. Perhaps recommend a certain approach? Yes. Come off as pacifying while playing to the spoiled brats wants versus needs? Not a good move IMO because now you've created a frankenstein monster that will never be satisfied with anything. Part of being that parental influence/guardian/friend is to allow that adult to learn on his own. Even if it costs him dearly. Choices and consequences are what sets a man straight. Right now Bell is making the choice to do what he's doing. The consequence is yet to be revealed. Similarly, the consequences from the last encounter were not very beneficial to either side IMHO. Bell was rusty as a sunken battleship at the bottom of the Atlantic for several games. After all that posturing, Bell still wasn't able to generate a long term contract and he's still at square 1 a year later. Did he learn from those prior choices and consequences? Doesn't seem like it to me. I'd go as far as to say, Bell perpetuated the process and has wasted a lot of people's time and efforts. Ungrateful? Yes. Selfish? Yes. A year Older And Still No Long Term Contract? Yes. Wonder if these choices will be good consequences or bad?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:03 pm 

Once again...Tomlin needs to be be more head coach/boss, less frat brother...
He should know better.
It speaks volumes that he doesn’t...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:55 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

What if it's in the interest of the team to make his insecure RB feel like the Coach believes in him 100%.

LOL. Insecure RB? What of Bell’s actions make you think he’s insecure?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 pm 

“If they don’t want to pay me long term, then let me go test the market,” Bell said about the big picture in an interview with ESPN on Monday, a day before the Steelers officially placed the franchise tag on Bell at a salary of $14.544 million. http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... test-worth

Yeah, why don't they? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:57 pm 

I guess I'm in the minority in this. As a fan I want the team to pay the least they have to on a player. It's simple math for the team. Why in the world folks are upset the team hasn't signed a RB that is holding off on signing a fair deal while he is going to make $26 million over last year and next is pretty silly. I want the team to sign great players at the least amount they have to. I'm not a fan of specific players...I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

This isn't really in doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 am 

Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I would NEVER go to an employee and tell them "if it were up to me, I'd give you a blank check" or anything that encourages them to demand a raise or find a better offer elsewhere. That's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Nothing wrong with telling Bell you believe in him or however you let him know. But there are WRONG ways to do it, and Dumblin chose the wrong way.

It's also really stupid because everyone knows Tomlin DOES have a role in these negotiations. He does have the ear of Colbert, so when he says "I'd give you a blank check", that's a HORRIBLE negotiating tactic....unless you're Bell or his agent.

I agree with this 100 percent. There is a huge chasm between encouraging and building someone up and going to the lengths Tomlin supposedly reached for with his blank check BS. It's not hard to encourage people without telling them they are the best thing since sliced bread, most of us do it on the daily. Homie needs to read the room a bit better in this instance his audience wasn't ready for that level of hyperbole.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next