It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell to be tagged tomorrow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm 

If his value is such, and he's filling all those positions, what happens when he gets hurt? Too many eggs in one basket. I love watching him, but I don't see 15+M per year...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Oh yeah. Never mind. There aren’t any long runs.

To be honest, I've never been in love with the home-run hitter at RB. Not in today's NFL. I want a guy who consistently gets positive yards and moves the chains. That IS Bell. He gets the tough yards and short yards, and has a bit of a nose for the EZ.

So I value him more than his YPC, but that's how guys get paid. But when you consider his OL, and Ben and AB....then the YPC starts to look really pedestrian, even considering he's not a guy to break off huge runs.

Really?

I’ll take AP in his prime punishing defenders and ALSO making huge plays any day of the fucking week. Bell just isn’t the game changer e1 thinks he is, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:43 pm 

If the Steelers didn’t tag Bell, what would he get on the open market? I can’t see anyone me giving him $14 million per year. If they tag him and he hits the market next year, he’ll be late 20’s and get less. The guy is playing a game of chicken he can’t win.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:12 pm 

I agree.

Almost want to see the Steelers use the Transition Tag to see what he is really worth. The Non-Exclusive tag makes it too expensive for teams to make Bell an offer, and the Transition Tag may tell Bell and his agent what he is really worth. I almost feel like the Transition Tag would save the Steelers money, time and hassle and they would end up keeping him and Bell would have a decent contract and know his worth. Win win. To SP’s point, I just don’t see teams offering Bell this Franchise Tag money. Of course we could be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:39 pm 

SP wrote:
If the Steelers didn’t tag Bell, what would he get on the open market? I can’t see anyone me giving him $14 million per year. If they tag him and he hits the market next year, he’ll be late 20’s and get less. The guy is playing a game of chicken he can’t win.

Every year, there are incredibly stupid teams that overpay for players they shouldn't.

I think we'd all be shocked at the money Bell would get from some stupid team.

Zero doubt in my mind he'd get close to what he wants from somebody.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am 

KC wrote:
SP wrote:

Every year, there are incredibly stupid teams that overpay for players they shouldn't.

I think we'd all be shocked at the money Bell would get from some stupid team.

Zero doubt in my mind he'd get close to what he wants from somebody.

The stains are $108 Under the Cap and I'm sure they'd happily accept Bell. Would you trade his "negotiating" rights to the stains and have to play Bell twice a year?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 am 

SP wrote:

That's what I don't understand. He won't get 15mil next year IMO. He will be a year older at a position that is dominated by younger dudes.
He will get another 350-400 touches on a engine that has plenty of miles.
And there is always the possibility of injury.

If accounts are true that the AAV is 13.5mil and Bell wants 14.5mil, he is not being very smart about this.
I'm sure it's about guaranteed money...but, he is certainly sticking to his guns. Problem is that he very
well could burn himself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am 

The best thing for Bell is to get tagged. 14M guaranteed. Better for him would have been to take the contract last year for more than he would make with two franchise tags.

I do think there are teams that will give him some lucre but not as much as he thinks. Some foolish team could give him a 5 year deal with the option to dump him cheaply after 3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:41 am 

I love Bell and I think he gives them a better chance to win a ring this year, BUT if we can’t sign him to a multi- year deal past this year, I would hope these guys are at least talking to other teams about a trade.

There should be a good return for him, thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:14 pm 

The douche is now making noise about holding out the first two games. He will eventually blink or be a dumb ass. His mother told him to take the 13.3M but Stupid is as stupid does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next