It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 465
Would you trade Bryant and a 3rd to Sea for E Thomas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 429
Might be able to get him for just picks, depends how bad Hawks want to move him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 12698
No and No. Thomas is approaching the wrong side of 30 fast. I wouldn't trade Bryant for a guy that is likely to slow way down athletically? On top of the injury history? For what? 1, maybe 2 years? Do the Steelers even have the cap space after a trade? http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... omas-6523/
If they were trading for a guy around the same age as Bryant (25-26) then I would look at it differently.


Richard Sherman is all but done IMHO. Two achilles surgeries? The latest in November of 2017. Are you kidding me? He likely won't be ready to play at the start of the season. That means no camp, OTA's or preseason to acclimate himself on this team. No thanks. Some team may pick him up after his release. I hope it's not the Steelers.

And no way would I try and move Sherman to safety. He may be able to play there but dude is soft tackling. Deion Sanders soft....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1304
Steelafan77 wrote:
No and No. Thomas is approaching the wrong side of 30 fast. I wouldn't trade Bryant for a guy that is likely to slow way down athletically? On top of the injury history? For what? 1, maybe 2 years? Do the Steelers even have the cap space after a trade? http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... omas-6523/
If they were trading for a guy around the same age as Bryant (25-26) then I would look at it differently.


Richard Sherman is all but done IMHO. Two achilles surgeries? The latest in November of 2017. Are you kidding me? He likely won't be ready to play at the start of the season. That means no camp, OTA's or preseason to acclimate himself on this team. No thanks. Some team may pick him up after his release. I hope it's not the Steelers.

And no way would I try and move Sherman to safety. He may be able to play there but dude is soft tackling. Deion Sanders soft....

77, I agree about RS being soft. He certainly isn't the "hitter" Genie thinks he is. I might be interested in Tomas for the right deal. He can still play at a top level for a few more years imo, but we would have to use him properly also to get the most out of his talents, and I'm not so sure we would.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Posts: 2065
DP39 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
No and No. Thomas is approaching the wrong side of 30 fast. I wouldn't trade Bryant for a guy that is likely to slow way down athletically? On top of the injury history? For what? 1, maybe 2 years? Do the Steelers even have the cap space after a trade? http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... omas-6523/
If they were trading for a guy around the same age as Bryant (25-26) then I would look at it differently.


Richard Sherman is all but done IMHO. Two achilles surgeries? The latest in November of 2017. Are you kidding me? He likely won't be ready to play at the start of the season. That means no camp, OTA's or preseason to acclimate himself on this team. No thanks. Some team may pick him up after his release. I hope it's not the Steelers.

And no way would I try and move Sherman to safety. He may be able to play there but dude is soft tackling. Deion Sanders soft....

77, I agree about RS being soft. He certainly isn't the "hitter" Genie thinks he is. I might be interested in Tomas for the right deal. He can still play at a top level for a few more years imo, but we would have to use him properly also to get the most out of his talents, and I'm not so sure we would.


This^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 429
Sherman was excellent against the pass and exceptional against the run. Not soft. Tailed off some after the injury.


Last edited by Steelergenie on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1304
Sherman's release is official. The Seahawks are definitely blowing up the defense.

Seahawks released CB Richard Sherman.

It's the end of an era in Seattle. The Legion of Boom is undergoing mass overhaul, losing another one of its key elements. Sherman turns 30 later this month and is coming off a torn Achilles' last season. He's not 100 percent yet and also had surgery to remove a bone spur from his other heel earlier this offseason. Sherman will undoubtedly draw plenty of interest on the open market, but he has his question marks. He's largely played zone defense in Seattle, is coming off a serious injury, and is turning 30. The Patriots reportedly poked around on Sherman in trade talks last offseason and likely will have interest again this year after missing out on Aqib Talib. The Seahawks save $11 million in cap space with this move but have a huge hole in the secondary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 429
Steelergenie wrote:
Sherman was excellent against the pass Ranked #1 for over 300 targets and exceptional against the run. Not soft. Tailed off some after the injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3948
I wonder if our RB/WR extraordinaire could beat Sherman in a foot race.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6531
955876 wrote:
I wonder if our RB/WR extraordinaire could beat Sherman in a foot race.

Right now...I could beat Sherman in a foot race.
And I’m only semi joking... :mrgreen:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group