It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4238
To giants for draft picks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13745
Quote:
The Giants agreed to acquire Ogletree and a 2019 seventh-round draft pick Wednesday from the Rams in exchange for the Giants’ fourth-round compensatory choice and their sixth-round pick in the upcoming draft, The Post confirmed. The trade will be official once the NFL league year begins March 14. https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/giants-tr ... -ogletree/


Giants are desperate for LB'ers. Sound familiar, at least they're doing something to improve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4838
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
If you don't like the missed tackles from our secondary, particularly in the run game, pretty sure you wouldn't have been in love with Alec Ogletree. He does check a few of the Shazier boxes in the impact play and pass game, though, and with an injury settlement for Ryan, we could have eaten that 10 mil cap hit without a lot of wiggling. Price in terms of assets seemed reasonable, too.

As has been mantra'd here many times, though, it isn't The Steeler Way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13745
Yup. The Giants also have the cap room and picks to complete a trade like this one. They'll likely restructure his contract as stated in the article too. My point is at least he's a proven player where the Steelers have who exactly?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1523
Steelafan77 wrote:
Yup. The Giants also have the cap room and picks to complete a trade like this one. They'll likely restructure his contract as stated in the article too. My point is at least he's a proven player where the Steelers have who exactly?

Yep, they are making their moves and have a real plan in place. Watch what that O line looks like in a few months, totally different. Hubbard will probably be their starting RT too. It's nice to have cap space and a plan to spend it.

Oh well, we've got Bell, Mitchell and Wilcox and their $23 million in cap hits....what a steal! At least Tomlin's boys will be able to feed their families. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5541
step off the ledge. Free Agency hasn't even begun yet. There will be a new face at ILB that won't be a rookie.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4838
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
DP39 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Yup. The Giants also have the cap room and picks to complete a trade like this one. They'll likely restructure his contract as stated in the article too. My point is at least he's a proven player where the Steelers have who exactly?

Yep, they are making their moves and have a real plan in place. Watch what that O line looks like in a few months, totally different. Hubbard will probably be their starting RT too. It's nice to have cap space and a plan to spend it.

Oh well, we've got Bell, Mitchell and Wilcox and their $23 million in cap hits....what a steal! At least Tomlin's boys will be able to feed their families. :roll:


Let's not forget that Giants fans would probably gladly switch their season outcomes the last four years for ours, and throw in the cap space as a thank you gift. If their O-line after the makeover is as good as ours has been the last two seasons, they'll be doing cartwheels. Vince Williams is an improvement over everything they've trotted out at LB the last three seasons. Their RB situation is a mess. OBJ and their rookie TE might be the only passable skill players on offense, and that includes the past-it QB. They have cap space because they are terrible and in need of a major overhaul.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 860
Rams busy reshaping their defense.
Just traded for Aqib Talib to pair with Marcus Peters.
Traded away Alec Olgetree and Robert Quinn.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4238
Rams is building a nice secondary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1458
Fuck the NYG!

They don’t have nearly as much cap space as you think, maybe 20 mill.

That other NY team has all the space.

Oh yeah, fuck the NYG, hope they’re terrible again next year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams trade Alec olegtree
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Posts: 2261
Ice wrote:
If you don't like the missed tackles from our secondary, particularly in the run game, pretty sure you wouldn't have been in love with Alec Ogletree. He does check a few of the Shazier boxes in the impact play and pass game, though, and with an injury settlement for Ryan, we could have eaten that 10 mil cap hit without a lot of wiggling. Price in terms of assets seemed reasonable, too.

As has been mantra'd here many times, though, it isn't The Steeler Way.


Ogletree would've been a great fit here as a Steeler.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Vertical Steel and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group