It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Bell Signing Rumor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 pm 

From Reddit, where I am a mod. This has not yet been verified.

Quote:
Deal will be officially signed and announced Monday morning per people in the building. Four year deal. AYV of $14.5M. $20M guaranteed which is more than WR Antonio Brown's guaranteed figure. 34% of his money is guaranteed which is also higher than Brown's figure at 28%.

Post subject: Re: Bell Signing Rumor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 pm 

I hope it is false. Too much money. Let him walk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 am 

My opinion?

A Will Smith “Aw, HELL naw!”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:42 am 

I feel like I was just forced to eat shit....puke it up....and then swallow it again. But details, details. $20M guaranteed tells me this story is BS. If that were actually the case, structured correctly it would be no big deal - you already have to pay him $12.5M for this year alone.

edit: Today is July 15th....This can't be signed on Monday, no?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:00 am 

Tomlin was quoted as saying they hoped to have good news on Monday so apparently the deadline is sometime Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 am 

fortythree wrote:
From Reddit, where I am a mod. This has not yet been verified.

Quote:
Deal will be officially signed and announced Monday morning per people in the building. Four year deal. AYV of $14.5M. $20M guaranteed which is more than WR Antonio Brown's guaranteed figure. 34% of his money is guaranteed which is also higher than Brown's figure at 28%.

You're a mod on /r/steelers? I've been banned there for a few years now. I told a bengals fan to quit crying on the bengals sub after the pacman/burfict playoff game and got banned on /r/steelers for it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 am 

Just got modded this past year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:19 pm 

Mike Tomlin loves him some Le'veon Bell. That is his dog and he'd go to war for him. No doubt he's pushing hard for the FO to get this done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm 

Have never understood why teams don't make players put up or shut up. I realize that every team offers performance bonuses, so why not call players like Bell out on it. I would have sat him down and agreed to all of his terms, gaurenteeing all of it under one simple condition - he has to rank number one in almost every positive RB statistic in the NFL. The hook is that if he doesn't perform at number one, he loses a huge chunk of money and his salary becomes the average of the RBs that come before and after him. If he thinks he's all that and a bag of chips - call him on it. Really Leveon? You think your worth 14+ mill/yr - bet your paycheck on it! I hope this is rumor only as he's not worth that kind of money. Once paid, he won't care how he performs!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 pm 

fortythree wrote:

We'll why don't you use your divine influence, and get me outta this mess??

Just kidding. Unban me pls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:40 pm 

i would have been fine with not signing him and letting him walk. But, if it is true and they do agree to terms... that's fine too. Tuitt signed his big deal last year... and what did he give us last year compared to Bell. (I understand he was hurt) If its 20 million guaranteed, that's two years.. if he slows down... you cut him year three.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm 

burmanj wrote:
If its 20 million guaranteed, that's two years.. if he slows down... you cut him year three.

But that's not how Colbert operates.....it would probably be like $20M SB over 5-6 years, making him virtually uncuttable for 3 years, when cutting him would still leave you $10M in dead money.

I thought his deal last year was effectively $30M guaranteed, so hard to believe he's taking a deal for only $20M guaranteed. I don't want to see a deal, really, because I can't imagine they offered less than they did last year....possibly be bidding against themselves since he won't see $12M per as a FA.

And, as always, the total deal value is really more relevant in terms of managing your cap. PIT has rarely cut a guy early in these deals, so there's a false sense of security created from "low" guaranteed money. How much cap they are committing to him is what matters, because he almost certainly will see all but MAYBE the last year of a deal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:15 pm 

He is already 14.5M guaranteed this season. 30M for the contract sounds more like it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm 

I am not holding my breath on a deal getting done but if it gets done hopefully its not cap restrictive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:41 pm 

PittWest wrote:
fortythree wrote:

:lol: Okay, Han.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
PittWest wrote:
fortythree wrote:

:lol: Okay, Han.

I was afraid nobody would get the reference

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:04 am 

I doubt he gets signed today. With that said, would you tag him next year at $20mm? Depending on the cap situation and restructuring I'd consider it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I doubt he gets signed today. With that said, would you tag him next year at $20mm? Depending on the cap situation and restructuring I'd consider it.

Agree, I think it goes down to the wire and he does not sign again. If so, this is his final year in Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am 

And I think he does sign. He is not getting better than what he is offered now. no other team pays him that much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:07 pm 

I hope this report is 1000% true!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 pm 

Earlier Monday, Adam Schefter of ESPN was a a guest on SiriusXM NFL Radio to talk about whether or not Bell and the Steelers would reach an agreement on a long-term contract extension by today’s deadline.

“I think there’s a chance, I do think there’s a chance,” Schefter said. “Of all the four franchise players right now that are out there today, Le’Veon’s got the best chance of getting one done. But I don’t know how great that chance is. I know that coming into today, the two sides still were far apart, that it was going to be challenging to be able to get a deal done, if they could do that. And again, I just go back to this. Last year on this day, right before the deadline, the two sides came very close at the last moment to getting a deal done and for whatever reason that deal fell apart at the last moment and they didn’t get it done.”

Schefter also added Monday that he thinks Bell would consider sitting out games in 2018 if he doesn’t get a new contract by today’s deadline.

“You know, everybody’s assuming that he’s just going to show up like last year before the regular season opener and I don’t think that’s a given at all,” Schefter said of Bell. “I think if they don’t get a deal done, the most important thing for Le’Veon Bell is to preserve his health and make sure he’s healthy heading into the 2019 free agent market. So, I think it’s possible that Le’Veon Bell skips the first half of the year. It’s possible. I’m not telling you he’ll do that, but I can tell you this, he’ll certainly think about it and make a decision about that.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm 

RB with highest impact days behind him...

These are big moments for a franchise. Don't do something stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm 

Deadline is 4:00 ET today

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:49 pm 

Havoc wrote:
RB with highest impact days behind him...

These are big moments for a franchise. Don't do something stupid.

This, 100%.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next