It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: FA approaching regular season
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:37 pm 

What is sad, is that Rogers is probably going to make the rounds, find no offers and then the Steelers will sign him for a peanuts deal. Just not interested even if they are paying him next to nothing, it is time to move on, give Tucker or Thomas, or anybody else a chance. Rogers had the foot injury then his achilles, what next? It is one thing if you are a slight WR but can play well, quite another if you are slight, don't play particularly well, and are injured a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 pm 

Be interested to see how Henderson looks catching the ball. He certainly solves your PR/KR problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 am 

Ice wrote:
Be interested to see how Henderson looks catching the ball. He certainly solves your PR/KR problem.

I’m really interested in seeing if he can stick/ contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:44 am 

I've mentioned in a couple other threads, in addition to being a great playmaker at Pitt at times, he's a local Wilmington kid who played his HS ball right down the street, so I'm rooting for him. Hope he spent much of this offseason with a juggs machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:55 pm 

He going has to show something in the rety game but needs to also be able to produce as a WR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:39 pm 

I'll be interested to see what Griffey can do with an opportunity. He's quick, fairly tall, and can play STs - he did well in that role here at UofA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:28 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Scunge wrote:
The issue Jobus is that people were saying he was this great find as a slot WR, that he had such a stranglehold on that 3rd WR position that poor JuJu was going to have a tough time finding playing time, that JuJu would most likely be deactivated each game!!!

That is the line of bullshit that was making the rounds last offseason. Why did they draft JuJu? What a waste of a second round pick, we are set with Brown, Bryant, and Rogers and don't forget Coates coming back from injury, blah, blah, blah. JuJu won't ever see the field, yada, yada, yada.

Not only did Rogers quickly lose his job as the #3 WR, but his play further declined when he did see the field. He is not worthy of being on this team, plain and simple, yet there are some fans that just get nervous and cling to these players like they are some sort of 'comfort food'. Oh, we need Eli Rogers, we need Art Moats, we need Landry Jones. Why?

Not disagreeing with a thing you posted. Just that should the Steelers bring him back as the 4th or 5th guy, I’m not going to throw a fit over it...unless they give him an outrageous salary for that roster spot.

Why?
Why settle?
Why not upgrade?
It's not like we can't find receivers.
We probably already found his replacement in our UDFA haul or can get better after cuts.

I agree, we shouldn't cling to familiar mediocrity if we can improve.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:28 pm 

Moats signed with Pittsburgh west according to Schleffer good for him real good guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:21 pm 

Wonder if there'd be any interest here?
Quote:
@RapSheet
A stunner: The #Bengals are releasing starting safety George Iloka, per @MikeGarafolo and me. He’s started every game he’s played in since 2013. Purely a financial decision, but a 28-year-old safety hitting the market at this point is good news for interested teams. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031235651168096256

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Wonder if there'd be any interest here?
Quote:
@RapSheet
A stunner: The #Bengals are releasing starting safety George Iloka, per @MikeGarafolo and me. He’s started every game he’s played in since 2013. Purely a financial decision, but a 28-year-old safety hitting the market at this point is good news for interested teams. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031235651168096256

And, of course, we have 20 of them. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next