It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL GamePass for preseason?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 pm 

I am hoping to stream all the preseason games live this year. A few years back, I bought a streaming package for live preseason only games. I can't find anything for preseason only now, has this been folded into GamePass? If so, are the games live or are they only available next day?

Edit - from what I understand, the preseason games are live on GamePass but the regular season games are only available next day, not live. I'm going to go ahead and try to stream the the preseason games live on YouTube, I think it should be easy enough to set up. I'll get a thread started around Monday or Tuesday and figure out how many people will be needing a link

Post subject: Re: NFL GamePass for preseason?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:32 am 

Edit 2 -

I'm also considering recording all the games this season and making them available either as an FTP or torrent download. I figured I'd try to gauge the interest in this beforehand so I'm not wasting my time if nobody is interested

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:46 am 

PittWest wrote:
I am hoping to stream all the preseason games live this year. A few years back, I bought a streaming package for live preseason only games. I can't find anything for preseason only now, has this been folded into GamePass? If so, are the games live or are they only available next day?

Edit - from what I understand, the preseason games are live on GamePass but the regular season games are only available next day, not live. I'm going to go ahead and try to stream the the preseason games live on YouTube, I think it should be easy enough to set up. I'll get a thread started around Monday or Tuesday and figure out how many people will be needing a link

Regular season games are available shortly after they finish airing. It used to be they weren't available until the next day or later but they changed that last year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:21 pm 

I have written about this a few times. I usually have gotten the European GamePass. All the games from PreSeason through the Super Bowl are available live. Just have to get a DNS service to make it look like you are in Europe and the payment was tricky last year too. I spent many hours trying to pay for it. Need a payment method based in Europe too.

The first 2 years were amazing, and then they switched companies and it was awful last year. They, the NFL, actually refunded everyone 25% about half way through it was so awful. The Twitter feed was filled with venom. It became unreliable and somehow I was able to get Directv Sunday ticket for cheap. I don’t remember how I was eligible. Can’t remember if it was Xfinity, ATT or DirectvNow that allowed me to get the package.

What really sucks is you try to be proactive and get it ahead of time, and then every game ends up being on PrimeTime or part of regional. I live in CT, so it depends how the Jets and Giants are doing to some degree and then obviously how the Steelers are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:37 pm 

I used a VPN to sign-up for NFL Gamepass(?) in Germany.....no problem with US credit card (I imagine they will crack down eventually).

Feeds were quite good. First week is free, so potentially you can work that with different emails as they don't seem to filter on CC. Otherwise, you can buy individual weeks. Timed right, I managed to get a couple 2-for-1 deals because it's a 7-day pass.

The individual games were something like $20-23 per week. Since PIT is typically on national broadcast 8-10 times a year, it's cheaper than Sunday Ticket or most other methods.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:59 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I used a VPN to sign-up for NFL Gamepass(?) in Germany.....no problem with US credit card (I imagine they will crack down eventually).

Feeds were quite good. First week is free, so potentially you can work that with different emails as they don't seem to filter on CC. Otherwise, you can buy individual weeks. Timed right, I managed to get a couple 2-for-1 deals because it's a 7-day pass.

The individual games were something like $20-23 per week. Since PIT is typically on national broadcast 8-10 times a year, it's cheaper than Sunday Ticket or most other methods.

I forget the name of the service, but it wasn’t GamePass in Germany...some other company bought the rights, I am guessing you had DAZN? I forget why I ruled them out...my difficulty with paying was because I wanted to use Apple TV and the app. That might have been why I chose not to use DAZN too. That was what caused the headache with payment. Previously just switched stores and added payment method.

I will focus in on DAZN this year if they have an AppleTV app. GamePass is nice for the replays and indexing of every play and NFl films.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:25 pm 

Depending on the availability of strema, I might get Sunday Ticket U in my son’s name.

$99 essentially gets you Sunday Ticket Max.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:05 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I forget the name of the service, but it wasn’t GamePass in Germany...some other company bought the rights, I am guessing you had DAZN?

I tried signing up for DAZN, you need a credit card from one of like 4 countries (Canada, Ireland, Japan and maybe a few others).

But what I was referring to was NFL Gamepass....the key is you have to visit the site from a European VPN (I selected Germany, for whatever reason other countries are different prices and Germany was one of the cheapest). The offer/package doesn't show up if you go to NFL Gamepass from a US server. You also have to watch the games from that same VPN server, or they boot you off.

It was live games. A few minor hiccups, but otherwise pretty flawless streaming.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:46 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I have written about this a few times. I usually have gotten the European GamePass. All the games from PreSeason through the Super Bowl are available live. Just have to get a DNS service to make it look like you are in Europe and the payment was tricky last year too. I spent many hours trying to pay for it. Need a payment method based in Europe too.

The first 2 years were amazing, and then they switched companies and it was awful last year. They, the NFL, actually refunded everyone 25% about half way through it was so awful. The Twitter feed was filled with venom. It became unreliable and somehow I was able to get Directv Sunday ticket for cheap. I don’t remember how I was eligible. Can’t remember if it was Xfinity, ATT or DirectvNow that allowed me to get the package.

What really sucks is you try to be proactive and get it ahead of time, and then every game ends up being on PrimeTime or part of regional. I live in CT, so it depends how the Jets and Giants are doing to some degree and then obviously how the Steelers are doing.

Thanks for the info. I have Sunday Ticket already, that's what I use to stream the regular season games. So all I'm worried about is the preseason games being live, so I can re-upload that stream to YouTube as well. I actually had the preseason package a few years ago, when they were selling it as preseason only. I remember it being pretty terrible. I'm going to sign up for the trial and give it a whirl for the Eagles game. If it sucks dick, I'm going to cancel it and apologize to anyone that was counting on me for a stream

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 pm 

PittWest wrote:
Edit 2 -

I'm also considering recording all the games this season and making them available either as an FTP or torrent download. I figured I'd try to gauge the interest in this beforehand so I'm not wasting my time if nobody is interested

If you want to record and host I would be interested. Keep me posted about that.

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/forumdisplay.php?15-VOD-Full-events-(eventos-completos)

This website has the games up for torrent or file host download a few hours after each of the games are over. If the Steelers are on at 1pm the game is usually available for download by the time the night game starts. I had the last 5 seasons on a hard drive and the fucker crapped out on me so I only have the last year and a half now plus some random games like superbowls and certain performances that intrigued me plus some college games that I fancied. I also use a russian torrent tracker

http://rutracker.net/forum/index.php

You just need to install a translator plug in and it changes all the words to english. I use the russian one for NHL games as well they usually have multiple sources for games NBC, CBC, some European channel. Also post a few hours after the final whistle. Also both of the mentioned sites have all the commercials removed so it is a clean viewing experience. The one thing I really like about Gamepass is having access to the All-22 film still deciding if I want to throw the coin out for both season pass and gamepass this year. I got lucky since my building doesn't allow dishes for units they allow me to sign up through the web based interface and I put it on my firestick and can use it anywhere there is wifi or my tablet or phone or laptop. I enjoyed it last year only issue is the feed is about 20 seconds behind live so typing in game threads is a bit of a bummer because you either see what is about to happen or you are late in reacting to thing in thread.