It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Big Ben falls: Hope it's nothing serious
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
Landry looks like Uncle Rico.

And he can throw a football over that mountain. Unfortunately, none of our receivers are over that mountain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:25 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:
KCSteeler wrote:
Landry looks like Uncle Rico.

And he can throw a football over that mountain. Unfortunately, none of our receivers are over that mountain.

Hahahaha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 pm 

Mason is raising his eyebrows, and Dobbs's whole face has a surprised look, it does make me wonder what Ben is talking about.

"And then Todd asked me if I wanted to bang his wife. And then he said he wanted to watch. And then he said he would be wearing a dress..."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:24 pm 

This is not news but SNR stated Ben is looking good. Looks like he's primed to have a big year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:33 pm 

Havoc wrote:
This is not news but SNR stated Ben is looking good. Looks like he's primed to have a big year.

In shape and reportedly throwing the ball as well as ever. I do think if Vance can stay healthy, along with the addition of Washington, that Ben could top 40 TD's.

Supposedly, last 5 games or so of last season, after Haley got pushed aside, PIT was like 72% on RZ conversions, which was top 3-5 in the NFL.

Plus, even if Fitchner ends up not being that good, he will probably be quite successful for a year or two until the league figures out his tendencies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:38 pm 

Havoc wrote:

Hoping Tomlin stays out of the way and we don't get bogged down with the pound the rock mentality.
This offense should be able to pass the ball all over the field.
Pass to make the run easier.

I think AB and JuJu should both be double digits in TD's.
Washington and his go get, want the ball showing so far, could be a 7-10 TD redzone target.

Throw in James and McDonald at TE and a few for Bell and Samuels out of the backfield.........

behind a veteran, pass blocking OL.

With hopefully an in sync O.C and QB.......

And I think Ben can put up 38-40 TD's this year.

The poor RedZone showing the last few years, in my eyes, has been the mentality and play calling once in the redzone, once inside the 10.
I have dreaded the 1st and goal at the 9 or 10 yard line over the years.
First down, way too often, has been a run play with the idea of getting closer to the endzone.

1. It has been too much of plays and play design of "getting closer to the endzone" rather than into the endzone.
2. I am hoping this O.C. will scheme a wide open TD at least every other game or every third game. Which would be a huge improvement.
3. Bring back the element of surprise. It does not always have to be mono on mono, my guy needs to beat your guy for us to score.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:39 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

In shape and reportedly throwing the ball as well as ever. I do think if Vance can stay healthy, along with the addition of Washington, that Ben could top 40 TD's.

Supposedly, last 5 games or so of last season, after Haley got pushed aside, PIT was like 72% on RZ conversions, which was top 3-5 in the NFL.

Plus, even if Fitchner ends up not being that good, he will probably be quite successful for a year or two until the league figures out his tendencies.

Agree that Ben topping 40 TD passes depends on the RZ play calling. Unfortunately, I think the inside the 20/10 philosophy falls more on Tomlin (and A2) than on the OCs. We do what we do...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

First 8 games of last year.

Ben , 10 TD - 9 INT, 257 YPG, 3 games less than 60% completion %, only 2 games with a 100+ QB rating.
Got Haley?

Last 8 games, which includes the playoff loss.

Ben, 23 TD - 6 INT, 332 YPG, all 8 games 60%+ ( 5 over 66% ) 5 of 8 games over 100+ QB rating
Got Fitch!

This offense should be the defenses 12th man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Havoc wrote:

First 8 games of last year.

Ben , 10 TD - 9 INT, 257 YPG, 3 games less than 60% completion %, only 2 games with a 100+ QB rating.
Got Haley?

Last 8 games, which includes the playoff loss.

Ben, 23 TD - 6 INT, 332 YPG, all 8 games 60%+ ( 5 over 66% ) 5 of 8 games over 100+ QB rating
Got Fitch!

This offense should be the defenses 12th man.

Nah, we were easing into the season. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Ben Roethlisberger has cleared the concussion protocol.

Roethlisberger was thought to have suffered a concussion when he took a hit during Tuesday's practice. Clearing the protocol this quickly suggests he was not actually concussed, however. Roethlisberger will not play Thursday night, but he will be fine for the third preseason game.

Source: Gerry Dulac on Twitter Aug 16 - 12:29 PM

Adding this...

Ben said no symptoms and everything came back perfect. No concussion.

https://www.steelers.com/video/ben-ready-for-live-action